Weekday Finds w/c 14 July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekday Finds w/c 14 July

Took a rare detour home after picking here indoors up from a "gig" and chanced upon a 60's 7" collection in a seldom visited (and infrequently open!) christian charity in rural Notts. No pics, but these are pretty much all in superb condition with original company bags! I reckon I got the pick, but I may pop back tomorrow to clear up the rest!

JOE WILLIAMS Ballads & Blues Columbia EP 1959 - Pic sleeve, but it's a little tatty
    ALLISONS I'll Cross My Fingers
    GENE VINCENT Ac-cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive
    DON LANG & HIS FRANTIC FIVE Witchdoctor
    SWINGING BLUE JEANS Angie
    MERSEYBEATS It's Love That Really Counts
    CRISPIAN ST PETERS At This Moment
    G CLEFS A Girl Has To Know
    SHANE FENTON & FENTONES It's Gonna Take Magic
    CHECKMATES Sticks & Stones
    DAVID GARRICK Let's Go Somewhere
    BUDDY HOLLY Because I Love You
    BERN ELLIOT New Orleans
    GENE McDANIELS A Tear
    CHRIS SANDFORD Not Too Little Not Too Much
    DOUG SHELDON Live Now Pay Later
    PERRY FORD & SAPPHIRES Prince Of Fools
    KING SIZE TAYLOR & DOMINOES Bad Boy

Did a couple of car boots today. It's dire out there this year and seeing the same boxes of tat that will never sell, yet people still bother to lug them around, is frankly depressing. Anyway for a total of £2.50 I came home with:

Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy (Vertigo)
    Faith No More - The Real Thing (London)
    Led Zeppelin - Prescence (Swan Song)
    Led Zeppelin - lll (Atlantic) - Italian press in a Pink Floyd cover, no inner sleeve and dirty as they come. I only picked it up because I don't have the record so worth a listen for 50p.

Comment

Went around a bunch of charity shops today and got 2 CDs (Solomon Burke and Rolling Stones) and a book by Cormac Mac Carthy. Same scracthed/overpriced/classical records as I saw last time

Why do I even bother mentionign I got no records - pointless post - I'm sorry.
      Last edited by emperor tomato ketchup; 15-07-2009, 07:29 PM.
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
      X