Weekday Finds 28th Sep to 2nd Oct 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gumbo-yaya View Post

massive beats on the rodway-leyland duo a very pleasant surprise ..
    jurassic 5 sample on the mutiplication , soulville is a gem and george shearing..
    Nice, I love that Shearing album, especially the more latin flavoured tracks

Comment

Originally posted by BeatsDeluxe View Post
      Nice, I love that Shearing album, especially the more latin flavoured tracks
      it is on now and a very nice listen, not bad for 50p each.
      In the same pile in the shop was the "ultra rare" "original" bridge over troubled waters album at a massive £15?
      strange the prices some people put on things..
      http://soundcloud.com/gumbo-yaya
      www.myspace.com/gumboyaya
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000093723775

Comment

Moseyed on down to the Spitalfields record fair on Friday and picked up these...

Gene Clark - a long time want, finally found for a great price in a 50% off box

City Soul - this looked quite promising, from 1975 on the South African Joburg label. Sleeve blurb spoke of the group turning a Margaret Singana track into a 'jazz-hymn' taking up all of side two. On first listen it doesn't quite deliver the goods though...

Jazz Stars - I've always hoped there'd be a great single somewhere on the Pye Jazz label and I thought this might be it, as I knew Tubby Hayes and Ronnie Ross were involved on this. Unfortunately it's a bit plodding and lacklustre. Damn!

De-hems - My Own Direction. Not as good as their good one on President which I can't remember the name of...

Peanut Butter Conspiracy - Tough Talk - south african funk instro b side.

Danny Raymond - Sister Big Stuff - I'm a sucker for cover versions of Mr Big Stuff and there seems to be quite a few reggae verions around - this is a great one

Louis Prima - funkyish version of 'I've got you under my skin'. Plugs the hole in my Power Exchange collection.

Les Sharp & his Band - 'Hip'. Kind of groovy UK instro b side on the Concord label

Comment

Don't usually post up ebay bought stuff in the finds section, but was quite pleased to get this acetate for 99p - Dominic Frontiere's theme to the John Wayne flick. Great track! Am I right in thinking this didn't get a vinyl release at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by IAN View Post
            Moseyed on down to the Spitalfields record fair on Friday and picked up these...

Gene Clark - a long time want, finally found for a great price in a 50% off box
            I so need this.
            Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

Working...
            X