Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekday Finds 2 - 6 November 2009

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weekday Finds 2 - 6 November 2009

    postal strike? what postal strike?

    A personal grail arrived this morning, just in time for inclusion in my Xmas Swap.


  • #2
    Shamanistic brews is what i need to unlock the deep realms of the psyche especially after the debacle with the HA666 fiasco. Yo life is a btch sometimes. Need the weed of life and the elixir of hermetically contained nirvana. E gave the head rush of past and dropping it in a capsule of psychodrama delights. Peppered up life with the smoke of obfuscation and the brown goodies that free me from the chains of conformity.

    Magical infestations of clarity is in the air.
    To infinity - and beyond!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
      Shamanistic brews is what i need to unlock the deep realms of the psyche especially after the debacle with the HA666 fiasco. Yo life is a btch sometimes. Need the weed of life and the elixir of hermetically contained nirvana. E gave the head rush of past and dropping it in a capsule of psychodrama delights. Peppered up life with the smoke of obfuscation and the brown goodies that free me from the chains of conformity.

      Magical infestations of clarity is in the air.
      Apparently the government is looking for a new drugs czar after sacking the last one, go for it
      some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

      Comment


      • #4
        My town seems to have been flooded by good records which is seriously bleeding my economic resources... will I ever be able to buy a bigger aquarium? Or a new TV? Or a new sofa that isn't broken? Or a better computer?

        This weekend:

        ZOO - S/T, french prog with loads of organ groove
        BJÖRN J'SON LINDH - Från grodspad till storstad, Lindhs orchestral masterpiece mixing funky grooves with music concrete, experimental electronics and symphony orchestra in a style that's kinda like David Axelrod meets Beaver&Krause or something. Listen to excerpt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWXKn56Gypg
        DONALD BYRD - Fancy Free, jazz grooves on Blue Note
        "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
        and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

        Comment


        • #5
          few bits for me / postman,trades,car boots,chazzas...very difficult to get sorted right now as we are mid decorating and i keep breaking the tedium by coming on here!!
          - fortuna has one disturbing folk / sic track called 'electric loon' that may make the swap yet !! - paul bley is great / trubrot off Lee - And i thought it was about time got Sweetwater - Windlace and Compared to What are the highlights for me
          Judy Mayhan looked the part but bores me,happy to get a minty Mike Westbrook and nice UK Big Brother...Big Piano Beat was a chazza punt and it's got two ace tracks on it / a ramsey lewis style club groover and something altogether more sinister called 'the shocker' !!
          Rockwell
          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice finds Sie - I was eying up that Paul Bley at a record fair recently but it was a tad on the pricey side - is it the freaky electronicly treated Jazz Rock that it promises?
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LDJB View Post
              Nice finds Sie - I was eying up that Paul Bley at a record fair recently but it was a tad on the pricey side - is it the freaky electronicly treated Jazz Rock that it promises?
              in parts - needle drop says more jazz than rock - going to put it on again now...one track was doing for me - it may be a grower !!
              Rockwell
              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
                Shamanistic brews is what i need to unlock the deep realms of the psyche especially after the debacle with the HA666 fiasco. Yo life is a btch sometimes. Need the weed of life and the elixir of hermetically contained nirvana. E gave the head rush of past and dropping it in a capsule of psychodrama delights. Peppered up life with the smoke of obfuscation and the brown goodies that free me from the chains of conformity.

                Magical infestations of clarity is in the air.
                A very fine extract from de Quincey's 'Confessions of an English Fucktard'.
                SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                  A very fine extract…
                  Thank God for that!
                  Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    @Flytipper that "Big piano beat" looks mighty interesting please tell me more.

                    Great finds BTW.
                    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                      @Flytipper that "Big piano beat" looks mighty interesting please tell me more.

                      Great finds BTW.
                      Sleeve sold it to me [naturally] - it's PAUL KUHN - prolific jazz crapper...for the most / this is well worth picking up if you see it mate - not psychy at all but really 'groovy' instros - it's like something off those 'in'kraut' comps if you are familiar ?
                      Rockwell
                      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                        Sleeve sold it to me [naturally] - it's PAUL KUHN - prolific jazz crapper...for the most / this is well worth picking up if you see it mate - not psychy at all but really 'groovy' instros - it's like something off those 'in'kraut' comps if you are familiar ?

                        Thanks...sounds like it will be my bag, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for it then mate.
                        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQXVthmBI1o

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Jazz that Mr Sayers can dig (and so can I)
                            "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Listening to this now Al. Didn't recognise the sleeve but I have definitiely herad that track. Very Cool!

                              What's the rest of the LP like?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X