Weekday Finds 2 - 6 November 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that SWAY sound pretty great...

here's my lot of late - some trades, charities, BIN's and a couple of bits from Mr Stapelton's shop (although i'm sure i've bought loads more but filed it away somewhere. and thyis is definately only a fraction of the 45's - -but, again, they are lost in the ether!)

KLENCZON - awesome polish rock/beat LP with some nasty fuzz on. put a track on my latest mix.
    TROLL - "animated music" - brilliant pop-psych with a couple of heavy-fuzz tracks that i shall play out soon. pleased t ograb an OG
    MARIA BETHANIA - "drama" - Caetano Veloso's sis. he seems to have produced the LP which is why i picked it up. the stand out track on here has been poached by Madlib
    TADEUSZ WOZNIAK - as raved about on here by Hugh. really effing great polish folk rock. all over the place. i put one of the funkier tracks on my latest mix
    MIRA - bit dissappointed with this. been after a copy for ages, can't think why though. very muddy sound.
    POLANIE - great polish heavy r&b stuff
    "ROMANCE FOR LOVERS" - say no more. daft to spent this kind of money on a teo-tracker (although it was a cuss-load cheaper then the recent copies auctioned on ebay, i hasten to add!)
    AFFINITY - US press of this abslute classic organ-prog
    "CARAVAN" - great listen all the way through. good old Burman
    MASHMAKHAN - "the family" - lacks the fuzz of their other LP, but still great
    CAN - bought for "a spectacle", but pleasantly suprised by the rest odf it. defo on of the better later Can LPs
    ALAN BOWN - bought for "the prisoner" - not much else on here to float my boat, though.

and some great "vinyl vulture" style stuff... "BEAT PARTY IN CLASSICS" is brilliant fun classical reinterpretations.

45's:
    JAMES ROYAL = "house of jack" (funky fanfare, innit)
    BARRON KNIGHTS - "you're all i need" (great glam groover from these idiots)
    AXE - "mony mony / land of a thousand dances" (Glammed-up medley of these two tunes)
    KATI KOVACS - "add mar..." (finally, a proper 45 of this monster for a reasonable price)
    LOS ALBAS - "kyrie eleison" (Axelrod-moves on one side)
    BROADWAY MATADORS - hair (monster version of "aquarius" with break. Again, on my new mix)
    MECKI MARK MEN - "sweet movin" (brilliant brain-cleansing tune - nice to have on 45)
    ALPAY - "yekte" (Turkish version of the Psychomania tune. other side is great aswell - -cheers Alex)

i also picked up BDP's - "by any means necessary" for 50p, and received a copy of KISS - "kissin time" 45 in the post snapped in half. balls - i was looking forward to playing that out!!
    Last edited by pencilface; 03-11-2009, 09:17 AM.
    Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
      i also picked up BDP's - "by any means necessary" for 50p
      Nice find for 50 p.

Apparently there's a 2004 remix by Domingo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gWjKRnfPr8

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
        What's the rest of the LP like?
        evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
          Jazz that Mr Sayers can dig (and so can I)
          Indeed....Thanks for sharing Alan mate.
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
            evil.
            Does that mean good or bad?

Has this track been comped before? Just wondering where I might have heard it?

Comment

Originally posted by soundhog
              Hmm. Dismembered Philips EL3302 cassette recorder on the cover, by the looks of things...
              Word...!

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
                Does that mean good or bad?

Has this track been comped before? Just wondering where I might have heard it?
                It's rare, it's uncomped AFAIK, and the rest of the album is deep, mad oblique electric jazz.

It might have been ripped / sampled by someone but googling shows no hits beyond the youtube clip i posted.

Comment

mad oblique electric jazz.
                  www.raysmith.bz

www.mixcloud.com/COSMICSLOP/

Comment

went out today to pick up couple of new bits on timmion..

& the 45 of 'theme' & 'downtown' off the nicole willis lp.. both good releases, what you'd expect from the label..

also popped into another store to pick this up:

haven't had a chance to play it yet but i'm quite looking forward to it! it's by a group of young uk punkers, popular with peel, and popular with me ever since i heard their ripping version of rockaway beach. i hope it doesn't disappoint
                    Last edited by Hayes; 04-11-2009, 05:19 PM. Reason: the picture made me do it
                    http://www.mixcloud.com/garethhayes/
                    http://www.mixcloud.com/BangShangALang/
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/197897397221/

Comment

Originally posted by the real hayes View Post
                      went out today to pick up couple of new bits on timmion..
                      Is this a current release by a new artist?

Cheers.
                      Last edited by Sie Vulture; 05-11-2009, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                        Is this a current release by a new artist?

Cheers.
                        It's a limited reissue of a rare Detroit LP. The boys at Timmion always do it proper! I should be getting my copy soon. http://timmion.com/
                        www.ParkdaleFunk.com

Comment

Originally posted by ParkdaleFunk View Post
                          It's a limited reissue of a rare Detroit LP. The boys at Timmion always do it proper! I should be getting my copy soon. http://timmion.com/
                          Thanks for that mate.

Comment

Visited a couple of charity shops off the beaten track the other day and had a really good haul from one (they just put some new stuff out) and found 3 long time wants in the other.
                            Right time and right place, I bought the following

T-Connection magic (tk) liking this a lot, only listened to side 1 though.
                            Chico Hamilton the master (stax) skipped through and played the odd track or two.With little feat backing him up, liking the msp soundalike conquistadores '74 and I can hear the grass grow.
                            Ron Carter anything goes (kudu) not listened to yet but has a version of barretta's theme to look forward to.
                            Brick good high (bang) again not listened to this yet.
                            Van Mccoy the disco kid (avco) I really like Van and in my eyes an underated artist
                            Eddie Drennon do the latin hustle (pye)again not listened to this yet.
                            Roy Head same people (dunhill) some great tracks on this.
                            David Diggs love song strings (key) instrumental LP I'm liking the track freedom, lovely and mellow.
                            Noel Trevlac tremendous trumpet (studio two) great mellow parp fest, nice arrangements by Stan Butcher.Loving el-siddy and nagrombee.
                            Wouldn't mind the other LP they did on studio two.

Doc Severinsen night journey(cbs) looks promising, again not listened to this yet.
                            Donny Osmond disco train (polydor) not seen this LP before and pleasantly surprised, I really enjoyied the tracks old man auctioneer and I got your lovin.
                            Bee Gees 1st (rso) reissue of this classy debut.
                            The Amazing Dancing Band volume two(verve) max harris arranged LP, great original track two feet up.
                            Ramsey Lewis mother natures son (cadet) skipped through and played the odd track or two.Liking the moog version everybodys got something to hide except me and my monkey.
                            Johnny Arthey golden songs of donovan (rca) very enjoyable on the 1st listen.
                            Ray Mcvay world disco dancin championship (emi) makes me want to disco dance on the 1st listen, job done I suppose!
                            Sunset festival orchestra non stop carole king (sunset) a solid listen and great arrangements by pete smith.
                            The Brothers don't stop movin' (rca) skipped through and played the odd track or two.Funky disco and I'm liking the brothers theme.

Hitsville USA (marble arch) great version of thank you (falettin me be mice elf again)
                            Don Fardon lament of the cherokee indian reservartion (gnp crescendo) solid LP, I keep playing sunshine woman and sally goes round the moon.
                            Louie Bellson breakthrough (project 3) skipped through and sounds pretty good.
                            Roy Castle favourites (wing) Quite early (1961) but really enjoyable LP, spoken word intros on nearly every track.
                            Brilliant intro on one, two, button your shoe, loving this record.
                            Bread, love and dreams (decca) sleeveless copy of the 1969 LP.In lovely condition shame no sleeve.
                            Creative Source migration and self titled LP (sussex) not listened to either yet.
                            purple fox tribute to jimi hendrix (stereo gold award) well known and great instrumentals.
                            Back Door 8th street nites (wb) not listened to this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ParkdaleFunk View Post
                              It's not actually a re-issue - there never was a Little Ann LP, it's a compilation of all her tracks, most unreleased tracks - pretty sure she only had one 45. Classy release for sure, must pick one up before they vanish...
                              Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
                                It's not actually a re-issue - there never was a Little Ann LP, it's a compilation of all her tracks, most unreleased tracks - pretty sure she only had one 45. Classy release for sure, must pick one up before they vanish...
                                You are right, sorry! I didnt mean reissue in the sense of the LP was once released and now its getting another run. I meant that she is not a contemporary singer like Nicole Willis is on the same label.
                                www.ParkdaleFunk.com

Comment

Working...
                                X