No announcement yet.

Weekday Finds 2 - 6 November 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large Library Haul.... oh, but just wait a minute...

I've just been given around 300 library LP's for gratis from a guy who used to work in video production in the early 80's. Breakdown is as follows...

119 x De Wolfe LP's from DWS/LP 3411 - 3558

83 x KPM 1235 - 1339

30 x Bruton BRD13 - BRS5

23 x Rouge RMS/LP 118 - 156

15 x Hudson HMLS/LP 516 - 547

9 x Studio G (mostly Vol. 3 and Vol. 4 stuff - about 5 are keepers)

8 x Boosey & Hawkes, 6 x Conroys, 6 x Standard, 3 x Sonoton

6 x French lib's published thro' Harmonic in London - Musical Touch Sound, PSI, Sonimage (these look really interesting!)

3 x RKM's (Roland Kluger Music) that were licenced thro' Studio G. I think there were only 3 in total and I now have them all (the first one is the only one you *really* need, lots of El Chicles stuff on it...)

... and 20 other various lib's that I'm yet to sort!

... as you'll have guessed from the cat no.'s, the earliest of these LP's is from 1979 and the range goes thro' to around 1985. Lots and lots of synthesizers and keyboards, so lots of records that sound like "Look Around You" background science lesson music. Nothing much in the way of serious library heat, but certainly some curious looking albums to trawl thro'. And, in the case of De Wolfe, some decent custom artwork.

There was one LP that was remarkably out of place in this haul and for me, it's made it all worth while. Nestling in the full box of KPM's was a copy of Francis Coppieters' "Piano Viberations" (KPM1166). You'll have heard the comp'ed tracks - "Funky Chimes" and "Cross Talk" - instantly recognisable. That'll do for me!
    Last edited by Sie Vulture; 05-11-2009, 08:18 PM. Reason: more to add... and corrected typo
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Oh, there are a fair few doubles in this lot, so if anyone is looking for a certain library LP from the early 80's and knows the cat no., drop me a PM...
      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
        ALPAY - "yekte" (Turkish version of the Psychomania tune. other side is great aswell - -cheers Alex)
        No worries, hope it plays okay. I keep seeing that ersen ve dadaslar tune i've got that you were asking about, but never for under a tenner.
        "Jumping cues and making haste just ain't my cup of meat"

www.alexd.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ParkdaleFunk View Post
          You are right, sorry! I didnt mean reissue in the sense of the LP was once released and now its getting another run. I meant that she is not a contemporary singer like Nicole Willis is on the same label.
          4 of the tracks on the lp have been issued before, but only on cd and each one on a separate comp. the nice liner notes explain it all... and damned good it is too! had the lp stuck on turntable last night & this morning.
          http://www.mixcloud.com/garethhayes/
          http://www.mixcloud.com/BangShangALang/
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/197897397221/

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
            I've just been given around 300 library LP's for gratis from a guy who used to work in video production in the early 80's. Breakdown is as follows...
            That some haul Sie! I had a similar thing happen to me a few years back - a bloke who owed me some dosh for DJing gave me about 500+ libraries which he'd pulled out of some production studio which was going to be demolished - unfortunatley the majority of them were from the same period as your lot. I think I now still own about 10 of them - basically the decent Brutons and a couple of De Wolfe 10" - there were 3 copies of 'Electroshake' in amongst it all but somehow I've ended up not owning a copy!!
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
              That some haul Sie! I had a similar thing happen to me a few years back - - unfortunatley the majority of them were from the same period as your lot. I think I now still own about 10 of them...
              Spot on Lee - and that's how it's looking for me too - 3 x KPMs, 3 x RKMs, 4 x De Wolfes and 3 x Studio G's.

Haven't thought what to do about the other 290 yet!

Comment

The market will be flooded with cheapo libes - I am purging my collection these days... Out of 50+ Selected Sounds I'm keeping 4 or 5.

Can you post some specifics on the RKMs, Sie ? I have one - it's a one tracker but (for now) a keeper. Haven't seen many of these...
                CORSO: What kind of advice you got for politicians?

BURROUGHS: Say the truth once and for all and shut up forever.

Comment

Originally posted by space debris View Post
                  Can you post some specifics on the RKMs, Sie ? I have one - it's a one tracker but (for now) a keeper. Haven't seen many of these...
                  OK... the RKM's I have are in green sleeves and cat no.'s RKM-1 to RKM-3. The one that you need is RKM-1 as it has "Librium" (?) by El Chicles on it (albeit under a different name) plus at least one other late 70's banger. I've had a copy of RKM-1 for a decade, I think it's a great library album. Ian Townsend gave me his copy of RKM-2 a couple of years ago. Sermad used to have a copy of RKM-3, again that was years ago...

The other two are "easy, romantic, pastoral" shite, I think there's one decent track on RKM-3 that I picked up on when I skimmed through it last night. I mean, how eeeeasy must RKM-2 be if Ian T gave me his copy of it. Oof indeed.

Space Debris - PM me for more details and I'll reply from home tonight...

Comment

Space Debris - PM me for more details and I'll reply from home tonight...
                    Cheers - going nuts at work right now... Will dig out my copy when I get home (late) and compare notes. I have a feeling we are talking about a different series but both Kluger related...

Ok - now back to the madhouse
                    CORSO: What kind of advice you got for politicians?

BURROUGHS: Say the truth once and for all and shut up forever.

Comment

Sermad
                      who he?

Comment

Who he? An old record jedi, now exiled to some remote boggy planet one would assume...

Comment

119 x De Wolfe LP's from DWS/LP 3411 - 3858

83 x KPM 1235 - 1339

30 x Bruton BRD13 - BRS5

23 x Rouge RMS/LP 118 - 156

15 x Hudson HMLS/LP 516 - 547

9 x Studio G (mostly Vol. 3 and Vol. 4 stuff - about 5 are keepers)

8 x Boosey & Hawkes, 6 x Conroys, 6 x Standard, 3 x Sonoton

6 x French lib's published thro' Harmonic in London - Musical Touch Sound, PSI, Sonimage (these look really interesting!)

3 x RKM's (Roland Kluger Music) that were licenced thro' Studio G. I think there were only 3 in total and I now have them all (the first one is the only one you *really* need, lots of El Chicles stuff on it...)

... and 20 other various lib's that I'm yet to sort!

... as you'll have guessed from the cat no.'s, the earliest of these LP's is from 1979 and the range goes thro' to around 1985. Lots and lots of synthesizers and keyboards, so lots of records that sound like "Look Around You" background science lesson music. Nothing much in the way of serious library heat, but certainly some curious looking albums to trawl thro'. And, in the case of De Wolfe, some decent custom artwork.

There was one LP that was remarkably out of place in this haul and for me, it's made it all worth while. Nestling in the full box of KPM's was a copy of Francis Coppieters' "Piano Viberations" (KPM1166). You'll have heard the comp'ed tracks - "Funky Chimes" and "Cross Talk" - instantly recognisable. That'll do for me!
                          yuck - that looks as bad as my haul from a few years ago
                          new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
                            yuck - that looks as bad as my haul from a few years ago
                            Spot on Col... in fact - I reckon YOU WIN as your De Wolfe's go past 3600... that's got to have been real nasty...

p.s there's a typo on my list - the De Wolfe's go from 3411 to 3558

Comment

Spot on Col... in fact - I reckon YOU WIN as your De Wolfe's go past 3600... that's got to have been real nasty...

p.s there's a typo on my list - the De Wolfe's go from 3411 to 3558
                              an American bought mine for £400 (+ £180 shipping )

do you want his number?
                              new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
                                do you want his number?
                                Oh yes.

('er indoors has just this minute moaned that she can't get to something coz of all those bloody library LP's in the way, so please look sharp fella.

Comment

Working...
                                X