Weekday Finds 2 - 6 November 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    I mean, how eeeeasy must RKM-2 be if Ian T gave me his copy of it. Oof indeed.
    Very?

<<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Lite jazz come-up at the local bargain basement today...

Comment

That Lou Donaldson album is great.
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
          Very?
          Exactly.
          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Unfortunately the cover was lost so it was stuck in a Vertigo inner. But for 20 Kroner/3 Euro I decided to live a little dangerous...

Comment

Isn't it.

Wouldn't put that under lite jazz myself. I rate this as one of the best soul jazz LP's I own. The side featuring 'Snake Bone' and 'Brother Soul' grooves beautifully from start to finish. Nice find, even without a sleeve
              Things ain't getting no brighter, load ain't getting no lighter.........

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Barker/

Comment

that 'Detroit' is a top album too...
                Rockwell
                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                  Lite jazz come-up at the local bargain basement today...

Lite jazz the man sez.
                  CORSO: What kind of advice you got for politicians?

BURROUGHS: Say the truth once and for all and shut up forever.

Comment

I didn't mean the jazz but the come-up was lite, meaning only 3 records.

Yes, Snake Bone and Brother Soul are great funky soul-jazz. At the same time his take on Say It Loud is pretty cheesy and has none of the original's edge.

Happy to discover the other great tracks on Detroit besides Eastern Market. Pretty deep, heavy sounds. A perfect early 70s hard jazz record from a 60s modal/spritual man.

Comment

At lunchtime

a spare copy of Timebox 'Beggin' for 50p. Hurrah!

...but it looks a bit knackered. Booooo!

I'm hoping the indestructable Deram vinyl will mean it plays OK and I can pass it on to a deserving cause
                      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

(all sing along now...)

Beggin'

Whoooo a hooo hooo

Can you send it to me please Lee...

Comment

(all sing along now...)

Beggin'

Whoooo a hooo hooo

Can you send it to me please Lee...

No probs mate - pm me your address. Can't vouch for it's playability though
                          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Done, you're a star. This is one of those records that I should have found several of over the years, but yet the truth is I've never found one...

Comment

Done, you're a star. This is one of those records that I should have found several of over the years, but yet the truth is I've never found one...
                              Likewise. I've been tempted to blow a tenner on it a few times, but have resisted thus far.

If anyone else has a spare, bear me in mind!
                              "Jumping cues and making haste just ain't my cup of meat"

www.alexd.co.uk

Comment

been gettin loads of boss stuff
                                some im keepin quiet, some for resale but these are all flippin brill usa 45s the weakest sides probs being the raeletts and thats a good un!

Sonny Moore Roulette Bloodshed in tombstone country r+b thing incredible so good, best thing i heard all week

Robert Mosley "Crazy 'Bout My Baby" 2 boss popcorn poppy R+b sides thats a bit different

VICKI ANDERSON "I CAN'T LET YOU GO nice

CAROLE WALLER "SAY CHICKEN MAN" flippin rare r+b and so good

Pat Lundy RCA Closer funky fat soul got issues of this and there all bad pressings this a demo and good vinyl pressing

Les McCann Atlantic The Morning Song PROMO breaks sublime

the Raelettes TRC I’m Gett’n Long Alright

Faith Hope and Charity Warrior obscure 7ts soul real nice

Junior Parker Blue Rock I Got Money/ lover and a friend 2 fat sides 1 used to get plays by colin law at niters the flip is bluesy funk of the highest order

Slim Harpo Excello Tip On In r+b classic

johnny moore a doller 98 wand boss ruff n raw frantic r+b dancer, wish i still had his bluerock sides

jd ivy same thang stupid fat street soul bomb breaks 4 days 1982 like vaughn mason or sumit

VICKI ANDERSON You And Me Together 12' got 4 sealed copies boss late 7ts /early 8ts? slow soul with a beat and vox to die for

ATOLL ..euro prog lp with tons of breaks n stuff
                                'Swear I am evil when Ive had a few'

Comment

Working...
                                X