Weekend Finds 7-8 November 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Finds 7-8 November 2009

...a couple from last week but mostly from THIS pile of 60's-70's 45's from a very small Village Chazzer!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Barry Ryan "Magical Spiel" Polydor (Got this 3 weeks ago but by God it's good!!!)
    Johnny Johnson & The Bandwagon "Mr Tambourine Man" Bell (Great Version..very generic JJ&TBW but all the better for it)
    Ron Grainer "The Prisoner" RCA Victor (Minty! It sounds different to the Theme I can remember..??)
    The Band "The Weight" Capitol (Only ever heard Spooky Tooths cover, similar to this actually!!)
    The Exciters "Blowing My Mind" Contempo (Northern Soul...quite timid really..is it a 74 recording?)
    Miki Dallon "Swan Lake" GRP Crescendo (US??) (Strange, strange........ace Beaty B-side called "When I Was 15"!!)
    The Shadows "Maroc 7" Columbia (Nice BIG font on this copy!!)
    Trash "Golden Slumbers" Apple (Nice to have although it's identical to The Fab Four take!)
    The Sorrows "Take A Heart" Piccadilly (Mint Copy at last.)

[IMG][/IMG]
    The Patron Of The Arts "Eleanor Rigby" Page One (Another from 2 weeks ago..beaty, brassy instrumental version..LOVE IT!!)
    The Steam Machine "You Make It Move" Capitol (Junkshop Glam version of Dave Dee tune from '72..Fuzzy and fun!)
    The Slade "Wild Winds Are Blowing" Fontana (Oh Yes. Oh Yes. I nearly cacked my trolleys. It's only Good but wow!!)
    Tommy Wills"The Man With The Horn"!!! "Night Train" (Nice enough version from '66 on US "Air Town"label..recorded live!)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Elvis "Conversation" (Mint!!)
    John Walker "Annabella" Philips Anyone familiar with this?? Beautiful song co-written with Graham Nash..miles too short.
    Precious Few "Young Girl" Pye Irish beat take on a classic..great version, just Drums, Bass, Guitar and Organ.
    Eleton "Lady Samantha" Philips. Second copy found in the wild in the last year. Very good..for Elton!!!
    Last edited by MonkeyHanger; 07-11-2009, 01:29 PM.
    "Warning...May Contain Oboes"

Stuff from the Intermabob (and Bangor Chazza's)

A pile came though from Tinternat, bay ect

Naked Ape OST Jimmy Webb Playboy Records Promo 1973
    Boom Bap Baffoonary from the Witchita Lineman... The old man gave his usual WTF look at it.

Invasion of the Body snatchers Denny Zeitlin UA 1978
    Long time want from the Jazz pianist (only soundtrack he did too) although No Donal Sutherland screackkk to be found.

Brenda Patterson and Redbone Epic 1972
    A needledrop shows a nice funky rock mix.... floats my boat

F.B.I Good Earth 1976
    Long time Want and for a nice price too. (Well £25) Loiks it a lot and the great Cover too.

A lone 45 from the Chazza (Also on Good Earth )

Suprise Sisters Got to Get you into my life

Aiii, beatles Cover ... But the B side Misty Morning is an absolute corker . Funky Folk with flutes ... Could Tony Visconti been having an Old Man Willow moment from Elephant memory flashback.... Who knows .

Anyone know if the Seashore (the Bside to La Booga Rooga ) is in the same vain ?

Cheers
    sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Just the two:

Maxwell Plumm - A Taste Of Plumm

Dubious but for 50p can't complain

Julie Tippetts - Sunset Glow

Oxfam pricing code but worth it, as you all know, brilliant album, and I've never seen it in the wild.
      Last edited by medlar; 08-11-2009, 12:40 PM.
      some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Nice haul of 45's monkeyhanger - the mikki 'swan lake ' is favourite of mine - especially those odd vocals that come in about 3/4 of the way in !!
        lovley selection of gear there - and that Slade 45 is very cool

think all copies of that shadows 'maroc 7 ' have the big font - odd eh?
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyHanger View Post
          Trash "Golden Slumbers" Apple (Nice to have although it's identical to The Fab Four take!)
          B side is pretty good - think it was on one of them 'We Can Fly' comps.
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyHanger View Post
            Johnny Johnson & The Bandwagon "Mr Tambourine Man" Bell (Great Version..very generic JJ&TBW but all the better for it)
            The b-side soul sahara is a great tune.I picked this up a few weeks ago.

Comment

[QUOTE=MonkeyHanger;341055]...Ron Grainer "The Prisoner" RCA Victor (Minty! It sounds different to the Theme I can remember..??)
              [QUOTE]

Yes, it's a much more driving version with some nice guitar - far more 'beat' - I put it on my Xmas swap a few years back. Good find, good haul.
              SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

A few singles Ive just picked up.

St Louis union - Girl/respect (Decca)
                Great version of respect.

The shadows - scotch on the socks (Columbia)
                Finally managed to pick this up.

St. Valentines day massacre - brother can you spare a dime/Al's party (Fontana)
                Great two sider, looks well rough but plays with hardly any background noise.
                "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                  Artwoods! Nice record.
                  We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

chazzers and the boots

Couple of intetresting things this week almost made the early start in biblical rain worthwhile....almost..

Lps

The Globetrotters - from 1971 and as you would hope a few funky beasts lurk on this, produced by Jeff Barry

Depeche Mode, 101 - Mint copy, not my bag but will make someone happy or happier being sad

Narada Michael Warden, Awakening, 1979 slap bass funk with some wild drum breaks and odd bit of squelchy synth...horns aplenty..good stuff

Lee Vasey Band, Hardly Commercial - 1980...Love this jazz fusion noodle ...very understated but quality and a big smile find

7s

Billy Preston, Space Race - Moog madness absolute killer from 72
                    Joe Tex, Wooden Spoon, Oh Lord thank you !!!!! swamp funk blues howling
                    from 68 I think
                    Joe Tex, Keep the One You Got...more ballady but sweet and deep
                    Joe Simon, Say - on the Gee Bee label, plays great and what a soul stormer

And one more this morning which was in a blokes hand in the chazzer, saw it and was about to weep WHEN HE PUT IT BACK !!!! Lilith, Boston Ride....mint condition all female "womens collective" funk ...oh lord thank you..pic to follow but currently passed to a fellow digger for his dose of joy !!

Oh and have bailed out of buying in Oxfam, man why the **** do they put stickers across the middle of the label do they actually want to **** the overpriced reccords they want to sell me...

Cheers Carl aka the joy collective !!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                      A few singles Ive just picked up.

St Louis union - Girl/respect (Decca)
                      Great version of respect.

The shadows - scotch on the socks (Columbia)
                      Finally managed to pick this up.

nice work - been after that st.valentines 45 for many many years you sod !!
                      Rockwell
                      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                        nice work - been after that st.valentines 45 for many many years you sod !!
                        Cheers Sie mate.

I'm liking the b side aswell which I'd never heard before.
                        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by Boi Bach o Bethel View Post

Invasion of the Body snatchers Denny Zeitlin UA 1978
                          Long time want from the Jazz pianist (only soundtrack he did too) although No Donal Sutherland screackkk to be found.
                          Is this the official one with the scary shadows on the cover? What's the music like? Haven't really noticed before - with the Sutherland shreaks and all...

Comment

Went back to the finnish church charity and picked up a huge pile of Qualiton 45s from 66-69, 22 in total I think. I guess it's all the hungarian household names there, Poor Peter, Dobos Attila, Zoran Sztefanovity, Mary Zsuzsa, Lazslo Arbatsky backed mostly by Metro but also Atlantis, Omega, Illes and others.
                            Some stinkers of course but a few really nice beaty things. Can't remember the names but there's a Zoran Sztefanovity & Echo with two sides of nice fuzzy beat, one Dobos Attila and Metro (I think, it's all a blur) that is cool R&B with mad organ. The real killers though are on a 45 with Liversing backing Zsuzsa Konc on a song called Jaj, Mi Lesz Velem Ezután which is a great mod dancer with lots of fuzz, and Peter Maté on the mad beat raver Nem Kell.
                            (oh and John, the Atlantis 45s were all pretty shit, glad I picked up everything!)

Also picked up some LPs:

Copperpenny - s/t
                            Canadian softsike/rock from 1970, about half of the tracks are really good, the rest is a bit too much butter for me thanks.

Fair Weather - Beginning From An End
                            Pretty good rock music with hammond.

Two Friends - s/t
                            Nice us folk-rock, sounding a bit CSNY at best.
                            http://soundcloud.com/teaspoonsweden
                            http://www.mixcloud.com/SebastianFSorrow/
                            http://soundcloud.com/seb-f-sorrow

Comment

Just went to the battersea car boot sale. All joy of which is drained away by looking over the wall as I was on the way in to see some guy buy what looked an awful lot like OG Terry Callier Occasional rain and Harry J Liquidator.

A few cheepies by the Who (Leeds, Meaty Beaty Big & Bouncy), Long John Baldry (Marble arch comp), Manasas 1 and Lieutenant Stichie meant I left with some shred of self respect.
                              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                              X