Today's finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's finds

Couple of promising finds at the flea this morning I try to get in before the Utrecht pictures make it all look even more redundant..... I'm at work so haven't been able to check these and I don't have my camera so pictures and what's what exactly are for later.

Zack Lawrence :A Taste of Zack Laurence.
    Different cover than the one I already have and is most known - it's all silver but judging by the tracklist it's the same LP...

T. Moore Orchestre : Boum! Party
    5 or 6 LPs in a series on the President exploito label. They are all named Boumparty and sport grooving chicks on the covers. All have titles with "brass" in them and others that are described as (jerk). Never seen the series before - can be good.

Arnold Aard : Electro-Sonnances
    An electronic effects LP from 1980. No idea if it's a dud or all killer so I picked up the two copies that were there.

Jan Akkerman: Talent for Sale
    Dutch guitarist later made name with Focus. I'm not a prog head but this is earlier, from '67 - his first album and has a couple of promising titles. Curious to listen to his Green Onions or Comin' Home Baby...

Emile Decotty et Luc Harvet et les Requins: Pop Girl Dance
    Pop Girl Dance... another classy chick on the cover - let's check those titles... hmmm... These guys released some stuff on the Orly library label. So it's accordeon. Wouldn't be my first psycho pop jerk nutter accordeon LP. And Harlem Transfert as a title ?

Pics and more specifics later...
    CORSO: What kind of advice you got for politicians?

BURROUGHS: Say the truth once and for all and shut up forever.

Originally posted by space debris View Post
    Zack Lawrence :A Taste of Zack Laurence.
    Different cover than the one I already have and is most known - it's all silver but judging by the tracklist it's the same LP...
    If you're talking about 'Alive An Kicking' it has some of the same tracks but not all.

Comment

Jan Akkerman: Talent for Sale
      Dutch guitarist later made name with Focus. I'm not a prog head but this is earlier, from '67 - his first album and has a couple of promising titles. Curious to listen to his Green Onions or Comin' Home Baby......
      Great album!!
      My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

Here are the pics:

Jan Akkerman is a swinging instro album. I'm digging it. Has its moments and definitely needs a closer listen.
        A Taste of Zack Laurence is another cover for the album I've had for years and, indeed, it's not the same as Alive an Kickin' (which is still on my undefined want list). Anyway, we have a spare here.
        The electronic effects on Electro-Sonnances sound vintage enough to be of interest to folks who are into that stuff. Good trade fodder and glad I picked up both copies. Spare.

All the President Boum Party LPs are crap. It looked promising with all the 'jerk' descriptions but they are far too Tijuana brass easy sounding to be of real interest. The top left album has one good cut which is big band crime jazzy in a Peter Thomas kinda way. Will rip that and chuck the rest.
        THE album of the day is the Emile Decotty / Luc Harvet LP. The Decotty titles are hyper accordeon cuts - on first listen I can do without them and several of the Harvet cuts have that groovy euro pop sound of the late 60s. Than you start to notice stuff that's annoying - the over-eager trumpet, or cuts that don't really take off... But on Nothing To Do it comes all together and we are left with a tightly arranged groover where everything has its place - the fuzz guitars, horns and funky organ and wailing sax, all of that backed by a fat rhythm section. One killer track. Keeper.
        CORSO: What kind of advice you got for politicians?

BURROUGHS: Say the truth once and for all and shut up forever.

Comment

But on Nothing To Do it comes all together and we are left with a tightly arranged groover where everything has its place - the fuzz guitars, horns and funky organ and wailing sax, all of that backed by a fat rhythm section. One killer track. Keeper.
          Good to have you back Kristoff!
          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Tonught I found out that drunken, burnt-out, dancing nurses can be very unsexy

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
              Tonught I found out that drunken, burnt-out, dancing nurses can be very unsexy
              Kindly expand and expurge
              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                Kindly expand and expurge
                The psychiatric hospital I temporarily work for had its xmas party. About 95% of the workers are nurses or other care personnel, and they seemed to let out all the year's build-up frustrations in one night. It was like watching a bad Fellini movie: 5o year old burnt-out nurses walked around with crazed looks on their faces wearing surgical masks for bras on the outside of their clothes and maxipads with the word raspberry written on, dancing with each other to lame old pop and randomly screaming for no apparent reeason. I gave up trying to fit in at 10.30.....

Comment

The psychiatric hospital I temporarily work for had its xmas party. About 95% of the workers are nurses or other care personnel, and they seemed to let out all the year's build-up frustrations in one night. It was like watching a bad Fellini movie: 5o year old burnt-out nurses walked around with crazed looks on their faces wearing surgical masks for bras on the outside of their clothes and maxipads with the word raspberry written on, dancing with each other to lame old pop and randomly screaming for no apparent reeason. I gave up trying to fit in at 10.30.....
                  Sounds like fun
                  You should have jumped on the decks, put on some Howard Jones and enjoyed as all those sexy nurses ripped all your clothes off
                  some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Your obviously working at the wrong hospital
                    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post
                      Your obviously working at the wrong hospital
                      It's the old problem of differentiation the staff from the patients.

Then today there was a small riot at the bottle return station at the supermarket, and later in the afternoon a drunk threw on the bus. In all a beautiful, xmas spirity weekend

Comment

In all a beautiful, xmas spirity weekend
                        It's still November

Comment

jan akkerman

Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post
                          Great album!!
                          i have this too - czech press i think - top record !!
                          Rockwell
                          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Some nice MORish finds in a shop that never has anything - all a euro

Morgana King - A taste of Honey (No All blues tho'?)
                            Dean Martin - I Take a lot of Pride in What I am
                            Ronnie Aldritch -The Phase 4 world of Bacharach
                            Frank & Jobim
                            Bert Kaempfert - Bye, Bye Blues
                            Dinah Washington - What a Diff'rence a Day Makes
                            Jerry Lewis -Jerry Sings (Morbid curiosity here)
                            Dino -This Time I'm Swingin' and At Ease
                            Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

Top Row
                              1. Barbara Acklin - Am I The Same Girl/ Be By My Side (Brunswick) 2. Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together (Glades) 3. Roy "C" - Got To Get Enough (Alaga)
                              Second Row
                              4. Sivuca - Aint No Sunshine (London) 5. Ike & Tina Turner - A Fool In Love (Sue) 6. Ray Charles - I've Got A Woman (Atlantic)
                              Third Row
                              7. Mike J. Coleman - Get RIght On Up (Million) 8. Cannonball Adderley Quintet - Pyramid LP 9. V/A Motown Interperta A Lennon Y McCartney (Mowton) LP
                              Bottom Row (Reggae)
                              10. Laurel Aitken - Sahara (Gazs) 11. Soul Syndicate Band - Stumbling Block (Black & White) 12. Bob Andy & Marcia Griffiths - Lean On Me (Harry J)
                              www.ParkdaleFunk.com

Comment

Working...
                              X