Sie Mumbai (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sie Mumbai (Part 2)

Apologies in the delay posting up these finds, I had to wait for a new password to access the server... Anyway here are another 25+ Bolly LP's for your delight. Not as many hardhitters as last time, but still some good music. Had lots of fun cleaning these up and skimming through them looking for that single track that just plain kills it...

I managed this time to pick up the correct album from "Muqaddar Ka Sikandar" (the one without the dialogue included) and another copy of "Raaste Kaa Patthar" which I needed as there was a heat warp on my first copy that leaves "Theme Music" (first track side 2) unplayable - the best track on the album. If you check against the first Sie Mumbai thread, you'll notice I've somehow managed to find a different issue of this LP (minus the picture sleeve). Surely collecting different issues of Indian records is going a step too far..?

After listening to them all, I've got to say the pick of the bunch are "Videsh" (Meri Aakhon Mein Ek Sapna Hai), "Armaan" (Rambo Ho Ho Ho) and "Chhuppa Chhuppi" (Coda).

Last edited by Sie Vulture; 18-01-2010, 09:26 PM.
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Loving those covers ... Asha looks ... err ... sizzling, and what is the bloke on Chaila Babu looking at? He's so into the moment that he's thinking "ooh, I must do something about those cobwebs on the ceiling"

That bloke in Car Thief looks like he has a serious coordination problem, Gumnaam seems to have been modelled on a Russ Meyer pic and as for the chin-sucking action on Na-Insaafi, I bet she'd think twice if there was some old-school VV beardage on there. Is that last pic the back cover, or is this a particularly Indian thing?
    https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
    https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
    https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

Originally posted by Plainstone View Post
      Gumnaam seems to have been modelled on a Russ Meyer pic
      Uncanny! .. the last track on Side 2 is the reason for hunting down this album (... and I need another one for Rich!) .. quite an early soundtrack too (mid 60's?)

Originally posted by Plainstone View Post
      Is that last pic the back cover, or is this a particularly Indian thing?
      Nope, that is indeed the front cover - complete with 'nibbled' corners.

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
        the last track on Side 2 is the reason for hunting down this album (... and I need another one for Rich!) .. quite an early soundtrack too (mid 60's?)
        defo a powerful tune! can be heard on my latest mix, for those that don't know it.

nice stuff there Sie. Very jealous of yours and Awesomewelles recent exotic record-raids...
        Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Thanks fella..

Comment

which would you recommend out of your recent haul for the wonky, westernised Bolly-disco sound? That is the stuff i've ben enjoying of late...

How about a mix of your last two Indian hauls -- must be reams of great stuff among them!
            Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
              which would you recommend out of your recent haul for the wonky, westernised Bolly-disco sound? That is the stuff i've ben enjoying of late...

How about a mix of your last two Indian hauls -- must be reams of great stuff among them!
              You'd like some of the tracks on those two you were coveting out of my lot, though I assume you've heard them already?

Really need to get some pics up tonight

I love seeing a big wall of bolly-sleeves like this. They look amazing! A lot of the rot I picked up will be staying purely for the ridiculous sleeves.
              "Jumping cues and making haste just ain't my cup of meat"

www.alexd.co.uk

Comment

Nice haul! Well done on getting hold of Gumnaam, not an easy one to turn up.
                Soundcloud

Comment

How about a mix of your last two Indian hauls
                  i'd like to second that request
                  collecting records taught me everything i never needed to know

soundtracks from collaborative projects :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by cellardweller View Post
                    i'd like to second that request
                    I meant to second, but I guess I'll have to third now!
                    "Jumping cues and making haste just ain't my cup of meat"

www.alexd.co.uk

Comment

Sure thing! i'll get onto it now the nasty 80's library project is out of the way... .. it'll take a couple months like, but should be worth the wait!

Comment

Sure thing! i'll get onto it now the nasty 80's library project is out of the way... .. it'll take a couple months like, but should be worth the wait!
                        Nice one....I look forward to it Sie mate.
                        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Looking forward to it already mate. In the meantime, why not bring a batch down to Brillo?
                          Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

I've new mantra, helps me relax...'Chhuppa Chhuppi Chhuppa do wah' repeat 10 times every morning.
                            -
                            You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever,
                            but you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun.

Comment

Working...
                            X