• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finds - May 2010

My Queensday finds for this year

All under one or one Euro

Unfortunately this is not an UK OG

Trees On the Shore

A Collection of Tom Wilson Productions By Tom's Touch ... Comp with bands like Ill wind, Fire, Bagatelle, Purpose and Fraternity of Man

Jon Eardley Jazz from the States ... Finally a mint copy of this dutch only record
    F.P. & The Doubling Riders Doublings & Silences Volume 1 ... Experimental record from Italy
    Selena Jones Everybody's Talkin' ... Spare of this K. Mansfield produced classic
    Hans Dulfer and Ritmo Naturel The Morning after the Third ... Two in one month, first El Saxofon, now this on in a mint condition, track called "Dit is het begin" is a superb groover
    Birth Control Knock Knock Who's There? ... Really dig this kind of Krautrock
    Herbie Mann plays the Roar of the Greasepaint - The Smell of the Crowd

Two Hip Hop Classics: Mr.B & Master Jay

Bernard Wright Funky Beat
    Eddie Floyd Down to Earth
    Faze-O Good Thang
    Various Artist Sugar Hill Classics ... Some 12"Inch wants on this
    Crown Heights Affair ST ... Spare, mint up my own copy with this one
    Rhoda Scott Succes De L'Orgue ... Never had much thrust in this one, actually this pretty good jazz funk

Grandmaster Melle Mel & The Furious Five Stepping Off ... Compilation
    Gregory Isaacs Extra Classic
    Anette Peacock X-dreams
    Super Funky Discotheque La Bama ... El Chicles production, a killer 20.55 minutes "Lord Funk", spare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXYt0q0VG9s

Bjorn Jason Lidndh Boogie Woogie ... Great Jazz-Funk Album, spare

Sunset Exploitation Record Great Action Film Themes
    Kraftwerk Computer world ... Spare
    Mantronix In Full Effect ... Spare
    Jimmy Smith Got My Mojo Workin' ... Spare
    The Bottom Line Crazy Dancin' ... Few good funk tracks on this, great Drumbreak on "Disco Dobro"
    Blue Feather Call Me Up ... Hard to find Dutch funk 12"Inch

Some 80's stuff

James Freud Breaking Silence
    The Smiths Strangeways, Here We Come
    Nico + The Fraction ST
    The Mud Hutters Factory Farming
    Rich Kids on LSD Rock 'n Roll Nightmare
    De Brassers ST

Europa Label Electric Food ... Contains a great track called "Nosferatu"
    Various Artist Super Break & Scratch
    Bossa Rio Alegria ... incl Spinning Wheel

Shop Credit Material, to urn back the money a spend on the records above :-)

Instant AC/DC Collection

Some Metal Classics and others

These are pretty rare
    Last edited by Kratgraver; 01-05-2010, 02:17 PM.
    My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Here are my Queen's Day finds. All found in Eindhoven for 1 euro approx.
    There seemed to be a lot of people out hunting vinyl this year.

James Gang - Live In Concert (1971)
    Edgar Winter's White Trash (1971) funky rock and blues
    Rogue (1975) dutch pressing on Negram, mid-70s UK pop trio
    Elly & Rikkert - Parsifal (1971) dutch hippie folk duo, followup to "De Draad Van Ariadne", spare

The Seekers (ECI/ SR International) dutch comp, club issue in fantastic cover
    Cockney Rebel - The Human Menagerie (1973) UK OG
    The Yobs AKA The Boys - Christmas Album (1980)
    Ut - Griller (1989) Blast First classic, dutch press, spare

I know nothing about any of these Indonesian records. They were all together. At least one other person had been through them before me and bought several titles with interesting looking covers. This is what was left. A quick google shows many of these are mentioned on the madrotter blog.

Debby Irama - Pop Anak Anak Vol.1 (needle drop verdict: doesn't sound promising)
    Mus Mulyadi - Pop Jawa - Mustika Records
    Mus Mulyadi - Musim Bunga ... well that's the cover, but it contains the wrong disc, namely:
    Johanes Group - Pop Jawa Vol.1 (Indah Music)
    Rudy's Group - Merana ...looks very like the copy on the madrotter blog.. are these handmade covers normal or is this in fact the same copy?!

Favourites Group - Pop Jawa Vol.4 (1975) Malaysian pressing
    Rhythm King - s/t - Sound Record
    A Maiden Effort (1979) dutch comp of unsigned bands from Nijmegen/Apeldoorn. I hoped it was an all metal comp but its a mixture of styles. As far as I know, none of the bands listed on the cover released any other vinyl.
    Troy Tate - Lifeline EP (1982) Teardrop Explodes connections.

Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Originally posted by ekeane View Post
      Rudy's Group - Merana ...looks very like the copy on the madrotter blog.. are these handmade covers normal or is this in fact the same copy?!
      Looks like the same copy to me, if you click on the photo on the blog it opens in a new bigger screen. You do the mathematic , G497 is handwritten and the letters U P from the word Group are damaged.
      Last edited by Kratgraver; 01-05-2010, 07:06 PM.
      My Statigram account ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post
        My Queensday finds for this year

These are pretty rare
        Some great finds all around. I would think that the Mercyful Fate and the Possessed are particularly rare, they pop here at 10-15 euro all the time but they are are great stuff, especially the Mercyful Fate. That AC/DC collection is great too.

Comment

The Yobs AKA The Boys - Christmas Album (1980)
          Great find, wouldn't mind coming across a copy in the wild myself. Looks like you had a really succesful day overall, nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by mp3000 View Post
            Some great finds all around. I would think that the Mercyful Fate and the Possessed are particularly rare, they pop here at 10-15 euro all the time but they are are great stuff, especially the Mercyful Fate. That AC/DC collection is great too.
            Don't know much about metal and prices, I was told by a friend they where rare, lookin' on popsike I see the Possessed album sells around 30$, are there any metal albums which sell for more ???
            My Statigram account ...

Comment

I know nothing about any of these Indonesian records. They were all together. At least one other person had been through them before me and bought several titles with interesting looking covers. This is what was left. A quick google shows many of these are mentioned on the madrotter blog.

Debby Irama - Pop Anak Anak Vol.1 (needle drop verdict: doesn't sound promising)
              Mus Mulyadi - Pop Jawa - Mustika Records
              Mus Mulyadi - Musim Bunga ... well that's the cover, but it contains the wrong disc, namely:
              Johanes Group - Pop Jawa Vol.1 (Indah Music)
              Looks like the same copy to me, if you click on the photo on the blog it opens in a new bigger screen. You do the mathematic , G497 is handwritten and the letters U P from the word Group are damaged.
              That has to be the same copy. Maybe he just decided it didn't want it, or traded it on. Not that I want to spoil your fun or anything, but since you mentioned a lot of these feature on the same blog, maybe check with madrotter himself that he hasn't had any records pinched recently...
              Last edited by modernism; 01-05-2010, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by modernism View Post
                That has to be the same copy. Maybe he just decided it didn't want it, or traded it on. Not that I want to spoil your fun or anything, but since you mentioned a lot of these feature on the same blog, maybe check with madrotter himself that he hasn't had any records pinched recently...
                Well this confused me too, as the covers look identical. I must be naive as it never occurred to me that it might be nicked. I've emailed the blog contact so I should find out soon enough.

Comment

Don't know much about metal and prices, I was told by a friend they where rare, lookin' on popsike I see the Possessed album sells around 30$, are there any metal albums which sell for more ???
                  Some metal LPs sell for very high prices, especially NWOBHM rarities -- look up Widow's LP on Legend Records on popsike for example. I'd say the Possessed is the rarest of the 3 rare metal albums you found... Mercyful Fate's is probably the best assuming you can stand King Diamond's vocals but the least valuable as it sold by the truckload. Their first 12inch was a dutch only release on Rave On which is now is rare and expensive. Great find on the Brassers LP too, I'm still looking for that. If the RKL LP has the comic book, thats also a great find.

Comment

Some metal LPs sell for very high prices, especially NWOBHM rarities -- look up Widow's LP on Legend Records on popsike for example. I'd say the Possessed is the rarest of the 3 rare metal albums you found... Mercyful Fate's is probably the best assuming you can stand King Diamond's vocals but the least valuable as it sold by the truckload. Their first 12inch was a dutch only release on Rave On which is now is rare and expensive. Great find on the Brassers LP too, I'm still looking for that. If the RKL LP has the comic book, thats also a great find.

I did buy metal cd's (not records) in the 80's, I had one King Diamond record think that was back in '89 or so. It's not my cup of tea anymore. Only wave and punk from that period sounds interesting to my ear. The RKL is unfortunately without the comic book.
                    My Statigram account ...

Comment

Well this confused me too, as the covers look identical. I must be naive as it never occurred to me that it might be nicked. I've emailed the blog contact so I should find out soon enough.
                      Good stuff. Hopefully you just purchased them from the man himself, or at least someone he traded them onto...

Comment

nothing special but got one of the swedish jukebox EPs today with Jerry Williams - Highway To Freedom, which is a pretty awesome biker soul-rock thing. It's written by a Mike Watson, is there a more known version of this?
                        http://soundcloud.com/teaspoonsweden
                        http://www.mixcloud.com/SebastianFSorrow/
                        http://soundcloud.com/seb-f-sorrow

Comment

this came yesterday

http://www.laplanetesauvage.com/soun...nimalMagic.mp3
                          rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

All from varying sources.

Lp's

Sylvie Vartan - Sylvie (Camden)
                            Thanks a lot Jimmy mate.

Johnny Harris - All to bring you morning (Warners)
                            Vinyl vulture classic.

Jimmy Smith - Black smith (DJM)
                            It's all about the Barry White cover.

Incredible bongo band - Bongo rock (MGM)
                            all time classic. Thanks a lot for the trade Lee mate.

The Artie Scott orchestra - S/T (Major minor)
                            Great fuzzed up version of "water melon man". Cheers Lee.

Rodriguez - Cold fact (Sussex)
                            Thanks again Lee mate.

The zig zag people - Take bubble gum music underground (Decca)
                            This looks great, I can't wat to listen to it....Cheers Sie mate.

12"

The masterdon commitee - funk box party (Dee jay)
                            Old school hip hop classic. Cheers Andy mate.

45's

The ventures - Wack wack/snoopy vs the red baron/good thing/cookout freakout on lookout mountian (liberty)
                            Great covers.

Simon Park - Time is tight/feel it (Epic)
                            Libraryesque.

Dave "baby" Cortez - Funky robot parts 1&2 (All platinum)

James Coit - Black power/Philandrine (phoof records)

Small Faces - Hey girl/Almost grown (Decca)

Etta James - I got you babe/I worship (Cadet)

George Baker selection - Impressions/I wanna love you (Colossus)

Anita Harris - The clapping song (CBS)

Irene Reid - Dirty old man/Just loving you (old town records)

Fusioon - Farsa del buen vivir/rondo y final (BP)

Michel Colombier - L'usine/theme de L'heritier (A&M)

Janko Nilovic - Du Soleil/Le chateau de prague
                            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Good stuff. Hopefully you just purchased them from the man himself, or at least someone he traded them onto...
                              Turns out madrotter sold a pile of Indonesian records to Demon Fuzz in Rotterdam when he was here in Holland last year, so they are legit!

Comment

Working...
                              X