Finds - May 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
    Ahh, right. Sounds like I'd love it either way.
    may have a spare of this one Nige
    SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

• Originally posted by Viva Chiba View Post
      Yeah, I was well impressed as I didn't know it.

I guess the LP will be rather out of my price range, unless I get up at 5am and start hitting the booters in earnest (unlikely!).

Goliath 7 is great,got mine on ebay for a tenner, nice find.
      I was going to do that boot that Johnh went to but a 12 mile bike ride starting at 5am with a threat of rain wasnt appealing. Would have been worse if I went all that way and saw John pull out Decca Novas and reggae rares.
      http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

• Some Caveman 45's, also a few other rap 45's not pictured.... Never remember seeing Caveman on 45 at the time. My fave finds
        Pretty slow around here, lots of records, but lots of fodder in the main.

The Prophet LP is pretty cool, a mid 2000's Rolling Stones LP, King Crimson was nice out of Charity for cheap, the Shanke is really nice to my ears.

Nice Coltrane cover on the Brass LP

Neutral Milk Hotel LP - really liking this LP. The Soundway LP is all a bit under-whelming to my ears at the moment. Some sort of druma and bass box set with Howie B & Koop 12", both from the Charity shop, who now have a collectors box.

Really nice ECM here, has Marcus Belgrave on it. Fab vocal suite on side two.
        You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy-Fogg View Post
          Have I missed something?

WF
          Clearly

Comment

• Not unless you call the B-Team Cup (aka Carling / Milk / Worthington) silverware. Berba must be very proud.

To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

• Originally posted by TOWNY View Post
              may have a spare of this one Nige
              Just noticed your post Towny....cheers mate. I've already been in touch with Sie Fly but if he doesn't accept my generous offer of Big Terror Themes and Voodoo Party I'll let you know (don't tell Sie but I'll also throw in a Beach Party 3 for you if Sie doesn't want to trade).
              "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post
                [B]Neutral Milk Hotel LP - really liking this LP.
                That Neutral Milk Hotel LP seems to induce either gibbering evangelism or complete diffidence. I am firmly of the latter view. I really don't understand how it seems to polarise everyone who hears it. Maybe there's a secret groove on every copy!
                ...if in doubt consult your dealer.

Comment

• a thriftstore visit with senor cacapo in lucerne last saturday brought me these. they had quiet an odd and fascinating collection of lps and 45s there:

pfm (okish italian prog)

toni cavana (another okish lp. german soul covers, well played)

incredible string band (very folky stuff. needs another listen)

brunning sunflower band (really excellent blues album imo! and i'm not a bluesman myself)

hapshash & the coloured coat (psychy thing that i'm not sure yet if its really good. good enough though. lp without the cover sadly!)

and a bunch of interesting 7"es.
                  italian psych beat, sauterelles....

Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

• Come on then Sevi post the 7's up then.
                    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                      Come on then Sevi post the 7's up then.
                      they're still in the playout bag somewhere. will post them later
                      Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

...bumped into Jim today at the boots and bought a big bunch of utter crud will i ever learn !? Thing is i enjoyed spending my £6.50
                        A very pleasant and unexpected day out with Towny got me my very own big bunch of utter crud but, in the five minutes before he got to the first booter, I picked up the four records there that were worth bothering with...

Elvin Jones Jazz Machine- Rememberance (MPS)
                        Little Lady is immense, beautiful jazz.

Ben Watt - North Marine Drive (Cherry Red)
                        Early eighties Cherry Red indie-folk from before Everything But The Girl. I really like a lot of thus. Lo-fi, downer, slightly jazzy and pop hooks.

Various - The Hoot-nanny Show (Waverley)
                        Yet more small label Scottish folk finding its way to West Yorkshire, featuring The Corries and others. The highlight is a slightly creepy protest song from Eleanor Leith.

The World Of Ewan MacColl & Peggy Seeger (Argo)
                        I was delighted when I got home and realised this has a version of Space Girl on - I did a chart a while ago with Shirley Collins' version as the first track. This version is beautifully arranged with double bass and clarinet.

Later on, I got a nice and odd Iranian 45, a nice gospel 45, a couple of ho-hum Italian pop 45s and some cheap stuff for trades (Nilsson 'Me And My Arrow', Shocking Blue 'Hot Sand', Manfred Mann 'A B Side', a German beat version of Mendocino and a couple of one-tracker funky rock/country LPs).
                        Last edited by Little Jimmy Oddman; 10-05-2010, 05:26 PM.
                        Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

• I rate that Ben Watt album,and the first EBTG i liked at the time...not sure i would like it so much these days - Tracey Thorne's Marine Girls stuff is worth looking out for too and never too pricey.
                          Rockwell
                          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
                            they're still in the playout bag somewhere. will post them later
                            As soon as you find the knive to remove the adhesive tape.
                            All the Wolpertingers

Comment

• Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
                              A very pleasant and unexpected day out with Towny got me my very own big bunch of utter crud but, in the five minutes before he got to the first booter, I picked up the four records there that were worth bothering with...

Elvin Jones Jazz Machine- Rememberance (MPS)
                              Little Lady is immense, beautiful jazz.

Ben Watt - North Marine Drive (Cherry Red)
                              Early eighties Cherry Red indie-folk from before Everything But The Girl. I really like a lot of thus. Lo-fi, downer, slightly jazzy and pop hooks.

Various - The Hoot-nanny Show (Waverley)
                              Yet more small label Scottish folk finding its way to West Yorkshire, featuring The Corries and others. The highlight is a slightly creepy protest song from Eleanor Leith.

The World Of Ewan MacColl & Peggy Seeger (Argo)
                              I was delighted when I got home and realised this has a version of Space Girl on - I did a chart a while ago with Shirley Collins' version as the first track. This version is beautifully arranged with double bass and clarinet.

Later on, I got a nice and odd Iranian 45, a nice gospel 45, a couple of ho-hum Italian pop 45s and some cheap stuff for trades (Nilsson 'Me And My Arrow', Shocking Blue 'Hot Sand', Manfred Mann 'A B Side', a German beat version of Mendocino and a couple of one-tracker funky rock/country LPs).
                              Nicely mate In retrospect i did get a couple of bits of use - that terrible looking comp on Brain has a superb Guru guru sunband track on it and there was a couple of 45's

How was that bonkers looking 45 Jim ? I think i would have yelped if i'd have picked that up
                              SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Nicely mate In retrospect i did get a couple of bits of use - that terrible looking comp on Brain has a superb Guru guru sunband track on it and there was a couple of 45's

How was that bonkers looking 45 Jim ? I think i would have yelped if i'd have picked that up
                                A-side terrible. B-side (through the scratches) is a wonky dub version of the terrible a-side. Passable but nowhere near as good as it could have been with the sleeve, sadly.

Here's a pic of the sleeve from ebay...

Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Working...
                                X