Finds - May 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
    I rate that Ben Watt album,and the first EBTG i liked at the time...not sure i would like it so much these days - Tracey Thorne's Marine Girls stuff is worth looking out for too and never too pricey.
    Yeah, I know a bit of the Marine Girls stuff and want more.
    Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

• Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
      A-side terrible. B-side (through the scratches) is a wonky dub version of the terrible a-side. Passable but nowhere near as good as it could have been with the sleeve, sadly.

Here's a pic of the sleeve from ebay...

Damn shame - the sleeve is the best !

Picked these up on my way to the PO earlier - haven't listened yet but it looks like there could quite a contrast between the Two

SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

• That I-Spy is some heavy gear - my mate used to like them - insane !!
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
          That I-Spy is some heavy gear - my mate used to like them - insane !!
          SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

• picked this up yesterday:

it's some dire building-society-disco.
            but on the back: "words & music - salman rushdie...'
            Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• Originally posted by pencilface View Post
              picked this up yesterday:

it's some dire building-society-disco.
              but on the back: "words & music - salman rushdie...'
              I think you just earnt yourself a fatwa Joe...
              "Jumping cues and making haste just ain't my cup of meat"

www.alexd.co.uk

Comment

• Rushdie used to work in an ad agency before he gained attention as a writer. I'm sure he's very proud of this particular project.
                www.raysmith.bz

www.mixcloud.com/COSMICSLOP/

Comment

• I wrote an article on this Salman Rushdie for Record Collector's "Digging For Gold" a few years ago, after finding a copy in a charity shop in Chippenham.

There's a few interesting people on it - backing vocals come from Claire Torrey, famous for her vocal performance in Pink Floyd's "Great Gig In The Sky", and I seem to remember the drummer is a real session pro, too.

You can dream a little, you can dream a lot, but the best dreams are the ones you got, building with the Burnley.

Or Santander as it's now known.

Comment

• voices of the children of god

picked up vol 4 recently - 'blessed' (orbitone lp, uk 78) > strange xtian stuff: gospel, blues, reggae. standout is the opener with 'crucify me, crucify me, crucify me' as chorus. anyone know anything about this, or recommend earlier vols? no sleeve on lp, no camera for pics.
                    collecting records taught me everything i never needed to know

soundtracks from collaborative projects :cool:

Comment

• Finding a fair bit of stuff, but no camera right now, so I'll probably do a multi-pager sometime in August: but one long time want turned up today

One of the relatively few Dublin Beat groups to make records; first copy I've ever seen, even though it was a hit here.

Also found absolutely lovely copies of Billy Fury's Halfway to Paradise LP and Cliff's Hit Album - something really special about records that are as old as I am in near perfect condition.
                      Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

• The pick of a big bag of apparently ex jukebox 45s, all sleeveless, grubby, and mainly battered 45s at 10p a pop yielded, after a good clean:

Carl & The Commanders - Farmer John / Cleanin' Up (Columbia) 1961

Yardbirds - Heart Full Of Soul / Steeled Blues (Columbia) 1965

Johnny Duncan & The Blue Grass Boys - Last Train To San Fernando / Rock-A-Billy Baby (Columbia) 1957

The Ramrods - Riders In The Sky / Zig Zag (London) 1960

Alma Cogan - Tell Him / Fly Me To The Moon (Columbia) 1963

Elias & His Zig Zag Jive Flutes - Tom Hark / Ry-Ry (Columbia) 1958

Joe Tex - Hold On To What You've Got / Fresh Out O Tears (Atlantic) 1964

Elvis Presley - One Night / I Got Stung (RCA) 1959

The Move - Fire Brigade / Walk Upon The Water (Regal Zonophone) 1968

The Kinks - Lola / Berkeley Mews (Pye) 1970

The Shadows - Don't Make My Baby Blue / My Grandfather's Clock (Columbia) 1965

Billy Fury - I Will / Nothin' Shakin' (Decca) 1964

Lenny Welch - Run To My Lovin' Arms / Coronet Blue (London) 1965

some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• Lenny Welch - Run To My Lovin' Arms / Coronet Blue (London) 1965

top tune

Comment

• Originally posted by geoff whitfield View Post
                            Lenny Welch - Run To My Lovin' Arms / Coronet Blue (London) 1965

top tune
                            Nearly fell off my chair listening to Coronet Blue, Lenny's crooning along nicely, but what's that that band are up to
                            Massive!
                            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• Originally posted by medlar View Post
                              Nearly fell off my chair listening to Coronet Blue, Lenny's crooning along nicely, but what's that that band are up to
                              Massive!
                              never heard the coronet blue side, i love the oher side

Comment

• just back from a quick trip to Hastings - medium-sized burg in the middle of the Hawkes Bay wine belt...hic.

found a few gems:

The Mauds - Hold On album, promo copy

Brazil Funk - comp on no discernable label, but she's carrying some stonking tracks.

The Hombres - Let It All Hang Out 7''

Mighty Wah! - Come Back 7'', just cos.

Pinkerton's Assorted Colours - Mirror Mirror 7'', couldn't ignore a name like that.

Higsons - Tear The Whole Thing Down 7'' on 2 Tone. On 2 Tone? So I had to grab it.

Sir Douglas Quintet - Best Of, I like me some Tex Mex on a sunny day.

and I got hold of the Jazzman 7'' reissue of Mark Capanni's I Believe In Miracles. Damn it's good.

Comment

Working...
                                X