Finds - May 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ekeane View Post
    Turns out madrotter sold a pile of Indonesian records to Demon Fuzz in Rotterdam when he was here in Holland last year, so they are legit!
    Glad to hear that!
    Last edited by modernism; 02-05-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ekeane View Post
      Turns out madrotter sold a pile of Indonesian records to Demon Fuzz in Rotterdam when he was here in Holland last year, so they are legit!
      Indonisia -- Madrotter -- Demonfuzz -- Eindhoven Queensday -- Ekeane
      Last edited by Kratgraver; 02-05-2010, 07:09 PM.
      My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
        Sylvie Vartan - Sylvie (Camden)
        Thanks a lot Jimmy mate.
        Enjoy it mate - I like Katamango the most on there I reckon but there's a few nice bits.
        Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
          Simon Park - Time is tight/feel it (Epic)
          Libraryesque.
          Oooh, nice - been after this one for ages, not found one though. It's actually a De Wolfe track with a really hard sounding vocal dubbed on the top - I'd love to know how it came about.

Comment

Buenos Aires Finds...

Just got back from Buenos Aires today and have hidden away in the house avoiding the wind and hail.

Okay, here are some Hipstamatic pics from Argentina and Uruguay, then onto the records...

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

The Os Mutantes is the (original) Argentinian pressing. "Mi Pequena" (A Minha Menina) has been a long-time fave, so really pleased to have come back with one of these...
              If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

It would be a lot easier if Brazilian bossa jazz combos could think of titles for their records instead of just the name of the band.

anyway I'm piss jealous again now. well done Sie

when you pick up doubles of krishnanda think of me.
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Thanks S.

Plenty of listening to be had tonight, at least the music will be sunny around these parts...

Currently listening to the Agustin Pereyra Lucena album, a totally speculative punt and his "Canto De Ossanha" is doing it for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post

Currently listening to the Agustin Pereyra Lucena album, a totally speculative punt and his "Canto De Ossanha" is doing it for me...
                    I've got a jar with that particular fart in it and I'd agree. Amazing guitarist.
                    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Some lovely stuff there Sie. What are the prices like over there for this sort of stuff??
                      Last edited by Sie Vulture; 03-05-2010, 05:28 PM. Reason: removed the large set of duplicated pics...

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
                        Some lovely stuff there Sie. What are the prices like over there for this sort of stuff??
                        Not many bargains to be found - the markets and fleas did turn up about 6-7 of those LP's pictured but they were 4-5 pounds each (after bartering). Brazilian records are cheaper than Argentinian gear. Personally I thought the prices were up on a couple of years ago and there was absolute consistency of pricing in each store - if a record was $25 US in one store, the it was the same all across the city*. Last visit I picked up "Lalo Schifrin Live In Buenos Aires" for a tenner, now they want closer to $60 US for it.

The store owners were really friendly and played every record I passed over to them. A lot more chat with the store owners about eBay auctions / stores... These days, if you want the local press of Os Mutantes and that Jorge Anders records, you'll have to cough up some proper dough...

* - that reminds me, I'll update the Diggers Guide later...

Still, a beautiful city and well worth a visit.

Comment

Boring buys in comparison to Sie V's but anyway:

The Underground - Beat Party (Major Minor) I wasn't 100% sure that I already had this but Craig insists I have and I'm pretty sure he's right after I've sat and listened to it. Classic VV stuff anyway and the original s/t composition sounds great. For trade when I eventually remove my records from boxes, many months from now.

The Rubber Band - Cream Songbook (Major Minor) Thanks to Lee for this one...cheers fella. I like the strings on this and not as heavy as it could have been, which is alright by me. Strange Brew is probably the standout.

Johnny Guitar Watson - A Real Mother (DJM) Strangly never come across this one in the wild. Always loved the title track which I have a soft spot due to the classic DJ Cash Money & Marvellous track of the same name.

Band name ? - Non Stop Dancing (Balkanton) Bulgarian big band LP pulled from the £1 box. Cheesy and funky disco in equal measure. Brief passages of Theme From SWAT and TSOF along side a cover of That's The Way I Like It with female vocals in Bulgarian.

Stephen David Heitkotter (Time-Lag) A copy of the recent reissue from a real record shop, which again makes me think we're quite lucky to have shops here who'll stock such left field/limited stuff. Certainly a Marmite record but I'm on the side giving it a thumbs-up.
                          "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

my humble finds today, thanks to being early at store! another nice eastern european record found!

Phoenix - Mugur de Fluier (Electrecord) romanian prog psych, last track is best. great to find it!
                            Masha i Vitja protiv "dikih gitar"! (Melodiya) Masha and Vitja against "Wild guitar" - Russian children record, music by orchestra conducted by Garanyan. it has some nice moments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVeDw_eC7jg
                            Traditional music of Mozambique (Melodiya) i wanted to step into ethnic raer world too

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                              The Os Mutantes is the (original) Argentinian pressing. "Mi Pequena" (A Minha Menina) has been a long-time fave, so really pleased to have come back with one of these...
                              I'm suprised this is your bag, thought it would be too psychy for you Sie mate.

Great finds BTW.
                              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Can't compete with any Queens day or Sie V finds - nicely on the Os Mutantes mate - one of my fave LPs evah!! Here's what came in the door this week by a variety of means - PO box, Byker Swaps, Tynemouth and a bank holiday wiz round some shops (boutique and non-boutique )

Cheap Euro psych b side

a couple picked up on the back of the recent pick up for pennies thread - both very good

charity shop beat / doo wop! Not the mintiest though.

Garage fuzz version of Willie Dixons tune

Funky femme Cream cover

garagey cover of this classic

psychmoddancer

Got a pile of 45s from Towny on approval - love this one - reggae with stupid noises on top - yes!

apparently this is well known but new on me - great 2 sider

another from Towny - lovely Dylan covers - really beefs up a couple of them!

I have a different version of the lead track by another Spanish band - this is not quite as nasty but still good stuff

instant Mandrill collection (we except the decent 4th LP) from a 'boutique' today - the lot for under a tenner Also, strangely, an LP I was talking about with Nige this weekend - turned up for a quid in darkest Leith.

Spare Jimmy Royal with the mighty 'Maraduke' on it - already spoken for DC5 in the wild today, Hal Blaine out-there LP - cheers Craig and for the freebie JLL with Shotgun Man on it.

Couple of RSD bits Craig kindly secured for me, a nice Reggae comp from Tynemouth, a spare (and crackly) 'Open' and a beat up John Barry - only 'Kinky' is really doing it for me on this.

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Working...
                                X