Finds - May 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
    Also, strangely, an LP I was talking about with Nige this weekend - turned up for a quid in darkest Leith.
    [/IMG]
    SH*T, Ive left this before. Whats the good track(s) on it Lee mate?

BTW great finds as usual.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
      SH*T, Ive left this before. Whats the good track(s) on it Lee mate?

BTW great finds as usual.
      Decent cover of Delta Dawn on it.

I never mentioned the LP I left at yours
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Decent cover of Delta Dawn on it.

I never mentioned the LP I left at yours
        Cheers. I'll have to pick it up next time.

Or the Ribena!

Comment

Or the Ribena!
          that would have been ace on the train feel free to help yourself to it mate - should be nice and cold by now.
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Also, strangely, an LP I was talking about with Nige this weekend - turned up for a quid in darkest Leith.
            Wow....weird! Nice one

I'll just say at this point I've never found a Kaleidoscope Tangerine Dream before so maybe I'll stumble across one at a charity shop tomorrow

Nice find on the DC5 (and the rest)....knackered copies are all I've found so far.
            "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

that would have been ace on the train feel free to help yourself to it mate - should be nice and cold by now.
              Hayley has already enjoyed it mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                How's the TAMBA TRIO compared to their DC-10 RCA album?
                Last edited by Sie Vulture; 04-05-2010, 08:57 AM. Reason: removed all the repeated photos

Comment

I'm suprised this is your bag, thought it would be too psychy for you Sie mate.
                  Be surprised, I've been enjoying this band since Chris first played them to me in the mid 90's...
                  If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                    This record is from 1965 and it's awesome, if you dig their groove. I don't know the DC-10 LP on RCA, I'll go find some info out later today...
                    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Just got back from Buenos Aires today and have hidden away in the house avoiding the wind and hail.
                      Looks like a good time! If you ever get tired of your Zimbo Trio records, please let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                        The DC10 lp is far more experimental with electronic touches and more native percussion. Early Tamba were simply a shit hot bossa jazz trio, with classical and afro touches, although I always get the impression that inside Luiz Eca there's a hotel lounge pianist and an avant garde genius battling to get out.

You can check DC10 here - Quadros and the other version of Reflejos (the woodwind one's on my swap) are as good as it gets , I reckon. And the cover's top, too.
                        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                          You can check DC10 here - Quadros and the other version of Reflejos (the woodwind one's on my swap) are as good as it gets , I reckon. And the cover's top, too.
                          Oooh, don't have that one. Looks ace!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                            Early Tamba were simply a shit hot bossa jazz trio, with classical and afro touches, although I always get the impression that inside Luiz Eca there's a hotel lounge pianist and an avant garde genius battling to get out.
                            Brilliantly put.

Comment

Oooh, don't have that one. Looks ace!
                              the same album is available under the name Tamba on RCA 74, and is usually a bit cheaper, but not much. The DC10 was a Varig airlines promotion, given out in the days when you could probably fly to Rio and get a free bossa record along with your in-flight caiparinha

Still, I got a free Ryanair download recently, so I'm not complaining.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Actually, now i think about it, this:-

Is a Brazilian Airways freebie too! The whole of the first side is a slow rumbling percussion piece that builds and builds as the narrator introduces more and more percussion instruments, increasing in tempo all the way until we hit a full blown samba to close. A bit like Tubular Bells, but with a lot more sunshine and a thong.

TOWNY would wreck it good and proper in his sampler.

Comment

Working...
                                X