Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minty UK issue

US demo or boot, not sure.

Flip, chugs along ,with great short drum break on route,my kinda record.

Title track from the LP, sounds very similar to 'Watch Your Money Go' from Carnival.

Nicer on the eye than TMGs Id say.
    record licker

Comment

• Okay at this point I guess I need to go back to school on image resizing. Next time.
      12"s

The Gred is a lovely double header Little John/ Billy Boyo.

Had low expectation with Osibisa, but pleasantly surprised,nice LP.

That Music For Fireworks nearly went back out for £2

Custom Blue,Bored Member remix.

Cheap soul LPs and an Ambient Dub comp.

Now Wash Your Hands.
      record licker

Comment

• First time posting pics. I hope this works. Last month or so's purchases. Mixture of eaby / internet buys (are they allowed?) and stuff from ye olde record shop:

Willie Tee "Please Don't Go" (Nola). Sometimes have to get up in the middle of the night to check this one is still there...

Quinn Harris "I'll always love you" (MLE)

Dorothy Morrison "I can't go without you" (Brown Door)

Tony and Tandy "The Bitter With the Sweet" (Cotillion). Brilliant UK produced soul - Sharon Tandy and one of the Fleur De Lys. (Mod dancer on other side). Cheap and plentiful...

Dynamics "Ain't No Love At All" (Cotillion). Nice late sixties mid-tempo mover..

Bettye Jean Plummer "Baby I Want You Back" (Salem). I love Bettye Jean Plummer (aka Jean Plum..)

Darrow Fletcher "What is This" (UNI). Darrow Fletcher. Nuff said. Extra points for identifying the 2 or 3 that are hiding underneath....

Charles Sheffield "It's Your Voodoo Working" (Excello) Its a repro or a boot but couldn't resist picking this up this little cracker for a fiver.

Lyn Collins "This Girl's in Love With You" (Polydor). Sublime.

A few 12"s:

Ashford and Simpson "Bourgie Bourgie" UK 12" (the one without the pressing fault)

"Re Mixture!" It's all about TW Funk Masters, "Love Money" (also includes Powerline "Double Journey"). Been looking for one of these for years.

Dinosaur "Kiss Me Again"... another one that's been hiding from me for a long time.

(Gawdsakes, posting up that lot was a bit too much like hard work....)
        Last edited by son of stan; 03-06-2010, 01:15 AM.
        Endless Tripe

Comment

• Willie Tee is God.
          To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

• Originally posted by relkeel View Post
            That Music For Fireworks nearly went back out for £2
            We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

• Originally posted by relkeel View Post

Just when I think Boulevard Records can surprise me no more, something like that turns up - I've never seen that one before, doubt it sold too many even at their low low prices!

Comment

• Are you a Boulavard completist Lord Thames? I can check the catalogue number when I get home if you would like it.
                record licker

Comment

• Originally posted by son of stan View Post
                  First time posting pics. I hope this works. Last month or so's purchases. Mixture of eaby / internet buys (are they allowed?) and stuff from ye olde record shop:
                  Good purchases Paul!
                  it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                  take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

• Interested in a couple of your April finds.
                    12 TOP Hits on the Studio 33 Label and T V and Movies Themes on the Stero Plus 3
                    Label.

I don't have anything to trade, but am willing to buy if you want to sell.

Greenwalk77

Comment

• it's been a long time since we had the chance, but at last...

Originally posted by ashra View Post
                      Thats the badger!

Comment

• I'm trying to get in touch with Kessakushu but without much luck... Can he pm me on alistair_banfield at hotmail dot com please? I'm interested in one if his finds.

Comment

Working...
                        X