Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finds from yesterday from MVE and Flashback and couple from charities:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Friedrich Gulda - As you Like it - Seen this loads of times in germnay but alwys been a little too expnsive. One funky track.

Mark Murphy - Stolen Moments - Super cheap and super nice!

Moss Cafe - ST - Been watching a copy of this on Ebay for months but always too expensive for the one track that is in here that I wanted. One for Working Man's Soul Vol 3??

Brother Jack McDuff - To Seek a New Home - Flashback had a load of decent funky jazz for cheap. I hardly ever go there but will make more of an effort in the future!

Don Cherry - Hear & Now - Universal Mother, etc. Beautiful jazz!

Bobbi Humphrey - Flute In - Another cheap Blue Note from Flash Back

Just Ice - Kool & Deadly - Charity Hip Hop

Beyond the World of Sound - Com of 60's girl groups from charity

Love in a Four Letter World - French Canadian Funky soundtrack that I think a few members on here have.

Unreleased Vashti 45
    Last edited by llmod1; 09-05-2010, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
      Finds from yesterday from MVE and Flashback and couple from charities:

Nice one on the Friedrich Gulda a LP I'm still after.
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
        Nice one on the Friedrich Gulda a LP I'm still after.
        Pretty easy to find in Germnay if I'm honest. I'll keep 'em peeled for a cheapie next time I'm over

Comment

Pretty easy to find in Germnay if I'm honest. I'll keep 'em peeled for a cheapie next time I'm over
          Cheers, I saw a copy in the states for $30, and it was rough.

Love in a Four Letter World is a great find too.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
            Love in a Four Letter World is a great find too.
            Was very pleased to find this for £12. I think I may have a copy already somewhere though with the French title. Can't think what it is though off the top of my head!

Comment

Was very pleased to find this for £12. I think I may have a copy already somewhere though with the French title. Can't think what it is though off the top of my head!
              Thats a good price for it mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                Charity shop Jazz and Folk Rock and a LP from Sie Fly which I left at Craigs last week - great version of 'Down By The River' on it - thank you.

MAJOR Typo on that LP? Joey Gregorash surely?

(As Hugh isn't around much at the moment)
                <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Finds from yesterday from MVE and Flashback and couple from charities:

[
                  Just Ice - Kool & Deadly - Charity Hip Hop
                  Haha! That was mine! Nice to see it's gone to a good home!
                  "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

• Decided to get up early and glad i did - met a Janis Ian fan who sold me all here verve forecast albums for a pound a pop !!
                    was well chuffed and he was asking me why i didn't want the later ones...i made my excuses and moved on!
                    A bit of a jazz ost off the same seller - some nice players involved...will check it out later...

came bag with a bag full of records which makes a change i suppose - the wunderlich is a spare and contains the demonic moog tune - krimoogulous - spare but i needed to hear and it was cheap !!
                    a Chords album,picked up a stack of mod revival gear to trade on,Squire and Graduate [pre tears for fears ] and more...Virginia Astley - never checked her out and more Janis Ian...

And a stack of 45's - loads of rock'n'roll gear to go with the other rock'n'roll gear that i never get round to trading !!
                    Great Eden Kane tune-popcorn!
                    Some odd punk and new wave bits...i could have filled my boots with PP's and oddness and i am now i am regretting not filling my boots - wish Neil had been with me,there was loads of what i would call Towny type gear

And a few non boots buys...cheers to Jimmy O - some lovely xian acid folk going on with Reflection,also realised i had another album by them which has it's moments too...Aesops on Cadet - couple of nice tunes on this,Sweetwater for Windlace and Compared to what and nice copy of the Byrds - Younger than Yesterday - forgotten how amazing this album is...some nice finds by the way fellas !!
                    Last edited by Sie-Fly; 09-05-2010, 02:48 PM.
                    Rockwell
                    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                      Byrds - Younger than Yesterday - forgotten how amazing this album is...
                      Their best LP in my opinion.

Great finds as usual Sie mate.

Comment

• It is a great album mate,but then again so is Notorious Byrd Brothers !!
                        Chuffed with the Janis collection !!
                        Self titled and Seasons spares are coming to a trade section near you very soon !
                        Rockwell
                        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
                          MAJOR Typo on that LP? Joey Gregorash surely?

(As Hugh isn't around much at the moment)
                          Picked it up in Poland Ian - the Gregrash / Gregorash caused some major confusion,i had given someone in Krakow my xmas cd mix with the 45 of 'down by the river' on and he was basically refusing to believe it was the same artist - you had to be there mate
                          Rockwell
                          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

It is a great album mate,but then again so is Notorious Byrd Brothers !!
                            Still don't own that one mate.

Comment

It is a great album mate,but then again so is Notorious Byrd Brothers !!
                              Chuffed with the Janis collection !!
                              Self titled and Seasons spares are coming to a trade section near you very soon !
                              I keep on telling him to buy it Sie and it will become his favourite.

Great buys mate....would have been well happy with that lot. Is Seasons her 3rd then? How do you rate it?
                              "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
                                I keep on telling him to buy it Sie and it will become his favourite.
                                I know, I keep waiting for Dave to have it mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X