Finds - May 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
    Some odd punk and new wave bits...i could have filled my boots with PP's and oddness and i am now i am regretting not filling my boots - wish Neil had been with me,there was loads of what i would call Towny type gear
    Good stuff Sie - probably a good job i wasn't there mate, bumped into Jim today at the boots and bought a big bunch of utter crud will i ever learn !? Thing is i enjoyed spending my £6.50

plus i really shouldn't be bringing carrier bags full of records home at the moment
    SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

• Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
      I keep on telling him to buy it Sie and it will become his favourite.

Great buys mate....would have been well happy with that lot. Is Seasons her 3rd then? How do you rate it?
      I think it's the second Nige - one ace pyschy long track...all in all a top listen in my opinion...her third is Eddy Fink
      Rockwell
      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

It is a great album mate,but then again so is Notorious Byrd Brothers !!)
        Notorious is my fave too - you need a copy of it Craig, you'd love it - but 'I ride' for pretty much all their lps up to untitled. 5D and Younger Than Yesterday are very close runners up!
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
          Notorious is my fave too - you need a copy of it Craig, you'd love it - but 'I ride' for pretty much all their lps up to untitled. 5D and Younger Than Yesterday are very close runners up!
          Totally agree Lee
          Rockwell
          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Made an early start today, certainly feeling it now - but had a worthwhile morning in 'the field'...

happened upon one chap just as he was parking up, spotted a box of LPs on the back seat of his car, and got first dibs on that box and the other two in the boot.

Bought a stack of lps, these are probably the highlights. Not everything is as clean as it could be alas, but nothing too hammered...

couldn't believe it when this turned up in one of his boxes...

looks a bit rough but plays beautifully - a brilliant LP and the best pound I've spent for a while!

and got this in a trade for the Mr. Fox spare I picked up a couple of weeks ago

- another stunning lp!
            We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

• Originally posted by john stapleton View Post
              couldn't believe it when this turned up in one of his boxes...

looks a bit rough but plays beautifully - a brilliant LP and the best pound I've spent for a while! :eek
              You jammy bugger you!!!!
              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
                Come on Burnley!
                Knower of many things and with the ability to predict the future.......

Disappointing end to the season but there is that 4 goal ((hang on, make that two 4 goal), silver lining.

Onwards and upwards.
                Things ain't getting no brighter, load ain't getting no lighter.........

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Barker/

Comment

• ?!

Bah, wish I had the inclination to get up early and net a colossal haul like that.

Instead I woke up at 9am, but was still really pleased to find this - at only half the price of John's Bulldog Breed LP . . .

Lovely flutey proggy double a-sider, hadn't heard of this.

Now to find the LP . . . (!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Viva Chiba View Post
                    Bah, wish I had the inclination to get up early and net a colossal haul like that.

Instead I woke up at 9am, but was still really pleased to find this - at only half the price of John's Bulldog Breed LP . . .

Photo's not loading!

Comment

• ?!

It is now.

Comment

It is now.
                        Not for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by john stapleton View Post
                          Not for me!
                          Nor me...
                          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Is it the Goliath 45 on CBS? Great double-sider, on an old swap CD of mine

Album's really good too!

Comment

• ?!

Yeah, I was well impressed as I didn't know it.

I guess the LP will be rather out of my price range, unless I get up at 5am and start hitting the booters in earnest (unlikely!).

Comment

I think it's the second Nige - one ace pyschy long track...all in all a top listen in my opinion...her third is Eddy Fink
                                Ahh, right. Sounds like I'd love it either way.
                                "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Working...
                                X