• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great finds there Sie mate.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by eclectiktronik View Post
      copenhagen finds from start of month. Most 10 krona only! those without stickers came from the junk shop on norrebrogade mentioend in the copehnagen write up

VA - Hair rave up. Blinding grooviness, haven't listened to side 2 yet. arranged by cyril stapleton, tracks like 'bond st baby' - couldn't leave it...and is that Alex Harvey on vocals?
      [/B]
      It is him. Great LP - in the book at £90 !
      YouTube

Comment

• All the soundtrack lp's and 45's from Leamington record fair on Saturday.
        there was a dealer there who had just bought a huge collection of soundtracks, he had rare stuff but I stuck to the £1 boxes and was well chuffed
        [IMG][/IMG]
        Simon Fisher Turner - the garden - loving this ,from 1991 on Mute - avant garde ,find it scary to listen to but I like scary
        Stelvio cipriani -the anonymous ventian - not listened to yet
        Frank Laloggia fear no evil -very good atmospheric inst score
        John Dankworth - Fathom - cover 's a bit shabby and lots of small marks, but plays fine
        Charles Earland - the dynamite brothes - top jazzy and funky grooves
        Association - goodbye colubus- couple of good tracks
        [IMG][/IMG]

Kalyanji anandji- darinda - bollywood from 78 2 tracks each side plays at 45
        liking it a lot.
        Bappi Lahiri- wanted dead or alive bollywood agin this time from 83, might be a bit late for some but i'm loving it , especially one mental track -raat aaye raat jaye , with Asha Bhosle & Bappi Lahiri, it's has like a reggae beat , but crossed with something from Satr Wars at the same time
        Clay Pitts - female animal -not played
        Leith Stevens - the interns - not played
        Barry White & Love Unlimeted orch - Together Brothers my fave out off all of them,mostly inst but a harder sound than normal , and a top vocal track - honey, can't you see
        Klaus Schulze - Body Love - not played but worth it for the cover
        [IMG][/IMG]

Dave Brubeck - instant brubeck - top cover, not listened to yet
        Les Reed - international world of - it's all about Crystal Blue Persuasion -amazing version, Nicola is a good track as well.
        Jazz Meets India-still in two minds ,seems a touch too free for me
        Paul Horn -jazz suite on mass texts - 2nd copy in a month, really rate this

Will add comments on the ones below,later

[IMG][/IMG]
        John dankworth- not listened to
        russ faith orch black zoo -chancellor- loving this jazzy beat groover - if you go on youtube you can take a listen, i'm sure plenty on here would like it, if they don't already know it.
        teen devian - 4 track bollywood , pretty average on first listen
        piero umiliani - you tried to warn me -usual good stuff from mr umiliani
        mose art - bird dog - not bad r & b style mover

[IMG][/IMG]
        wild ones -lord love a duck- average 60's beat,but the reason i hate styrene pressings - looks great but hisses like fook
        jimmy castor bunch -troglodyte - deranged vocal over an incessant beat, not sure about it
        stoney island band - self titled - average disco/soul
        james william guercio -prelude - loving this as well , bob james stylee goodness

the last 3 are all ebay buys
        jean shy - don't touch me - good soul ballad
        jean shy - you've got to take it - bloody brilliant midtempo crossover tune -,you can hear it on john manships site, though it can be picked up for less than half of what he has it listed at
        mark greene i'm so lost -good little cheapie , again a crossover sound, on the famous stang label
        Last edited by geoff whitfield; 17-08-2010, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Result on the Charles Earland there Geoff mate. The 'Good bye columbus' ain't bad either, why is there never records in the pound box like this at the fairs I go to.
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by geoff whitfield View Post
            If it remains a touch too free, I'd be dead interested if I've anything you'd like....
            Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
              Result on the Charles Earland there Geoff mate. The 'Good bye columbus' ain't bad either, why is there never records in the pound box like this at the fairs I go to.
              I was amazed myself , i don't usually find stuff like that, i think it's because he had so many and anything that was less than mint he just chucked in the £1 box,he said he had bought 4000 soundtrack lp's, i don't know his name but he is from Stoke and does a lot of the midlands fairs.
              D7bohs, if i do decide it's not for me , you can have first refusal, it isn't the orig it's an early re issue

Comment

I was amazed myself , i don't usually find stuff like that, i think it's because he had so many and anything that was less than mint he just chucked in the £1 box,he said he had bought 4000 soundtrack lp's, i don't know his name but he is from Stoke and does a lot of the midlands fairs.
                D7bohs, if i do decide it's not for me , you can have first refusal, it isn't the orig it's an early re issue
                Ta - not fussy about the issue....
                Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

• jazz meets india

check out 'yaad' - i rate this album,look who plays on it !!
                  top drawer record / lovely finds Geoff
                  Rockwell
                  Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• ?!

Some lovely OSTs, some o' those are raerish!

Female Animal is amusingly cheesy lounge stuff - but there's one great funky cut therein. "Wanted" is also a very consistent Bolly outing.

I'd be thrilled scoring those for a £ - and I'd be very interested to see what the other 3990 records were, if these are quid jobbies!!!!!

Comment

he said he had bought 4000 soundtrack lp's
                      I didn't know there were 4000 soundtrack lp's!
                      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

• ?!

Must be that many Bollywood ones alone, surely?

One minor OST triumph for me on Sunday actually - beautifully clean orig "Up The Junction" for 20p

Comment

• Originally posted by Viva Chiba View Post

One minor OST triumph for me on Sunday actually - beautifully clean orig "Up The Junction" for 20p
                          Nice find, great record! Booting?
                          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

• ?!

Yeah, Gloucester. . . usually dire: but one lady had a bag with a few OK bits in it. . . that was the prize, but I also got twilight of honour / divorce american style osts, the chico lopez with "trouble spot" and the sweet vs the pipkins lp . . .

Hardly compares with the volume of stuff others have bagged, but it made the stopover worthwhile!

3rd "Up The Junction" I've found in the wild now

Ebay is also being exceptionally generous at the mo too . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by piglit'n'rolf View Post
                              Casper the jazz-cat
                              Great finds, and a marvelous write up. Casper looks remarkably like our cat, who also has a fondness for cool Jazz.
                              https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
                              http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
                              https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
                              https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

Les Reed - international world of - it's all about Crystal Blue Persuasion -amazing version, Nicola is a good track as well.
                                Great finds Geoff

I dig that Les Reed version as well!

Give the Jazz Meets India another try - it's well worth it's place in any indo jazz collection. I'm pretty sure you've got the first UK issue there (Polydor Special, laminated sleeve) which is what I have. It came out on MPS in Europe.

Having said that, it goes for a fair whack so if you don't like it you should be able to get something decent for it
                                Last edited by IAN; 17-08-2010, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X