No announcement yet.

Finds - August 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think mine came off you Ian / a rare one for sure .
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
      Think mine came off you Ian / a rare one for sure .
      Sure did Sie. My head wasn't ready for it at the time...but then a few months later I got the indo-jazz bug in a big way. Took another couple of years to find another copy!

So Geoff, give it a few more spins before letting it go...

Comment

• Originally posted by piglit'n'rolf View Post

Various - Catch My Soul (RCA)
        Only played it through the once but I'm liking this. But then what is there not to like about Tony Joe White?
        Or Richie Havens! This is imo a killer record full of funky, swampy, gospel-folk grooves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87TrQyoTQR4
        "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
        and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• just checked that john davis monster orchestra on you tube..not a bad disco tune and a killer break towards the end that i reckon would be nice slowed down a bit.
          https://soundcloud.com/vapor-teh-apparition
          https://soundcloud.com/don-pachi-aka-bling-laden
          https://soundcloud.com/charlie-chong-snoop-god

Comment

• Originally posted by cancer scabies View Post
            one of them has a cover of under the boardwalk too..
            I put that on one of my Xmas swap mixes - sound like a library funker to me. Some nice finds in that lot Charlie but I'd ditch

tonight-drummer man
            tonight-money thats your problem

if I were you - pub rock aslo rans IMHO
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Went to vintage goodwood festival at weekend anyone else go there on here? Come home with a nice 45 off a freind of mine selling there-Lee moses-Reach out ill be there/daytripper on musicor. Long time want off the list and a real nice copy at a steal
              Kenneth.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                I put that on one of my Xmas swap mixes - sound like a library funker to me. Some nice finds in that lot Charlie but I'd ditch

tonight-drummer man
                tonight-money thats your problem

if I were you - pub rock aslo rans IMHO
                ta mayne i thought as much ..if anyone wants them after lee's great review then be quick.i leave here at six and will probbly leave them in my mums bin
                https://soundcloud.com/vapor-teh-apparition
                https://soundcloud.com/don-pachi-aka-bling-laden
                https://soundcloud.com/charlie-chong-snoop-god

Comment

• Some great stuff continues to be posted up on here - gives me faith and hope!

Sparse finds for me this week - long weekend in North Wales meant I stole 30 mins in Cobb in Porthmadog but I wasn't too impressed - lots of the same records in the same place from over a year ago and the prices are still but I did pick up 3 LPs at fair prices (and the NYJO was a steal IMHO). I left a copy of the Artie Kornfeld Tree LP on Dunhill at £8 - was this a mistake? Also one Welsh Sain punt for a quid - I hoped for fuzzy prog niceness but got AOR lumpen rock

All 45s sourced via the brightly lit telly thing on my desk

A big Fuz spin and cheaper than chips

A local shop wanted £25 for the pleasure of bagging this one - online with P&P at a third of that - why are record shops closing again? Great hammond led funky stomper with lots of talking about food going on.

B side wins as usual - psych intro territory here

Silver Surfer played this the other night in the CCA and it sounded tremendous - not totally convinced that I don't already have this but for £1.50 it was easier to rebuy than check I do have his other 45 which is equally as good 'Nobody but me' / ' Money'.

Random search threw a super cheap copy up of this known modpsychdancer great drum breakdown but her voice is a bit grating.

Also picked this up today - newest addition to our family - meet Alfie!

Comment

• Great records mate and an amazing dog !!
                    A border terrier??

Looks superb - keep it away from your KPM's and modpsych dancers though
                    Good luck with it - he looks ace !
                    Rockwell
                    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Indeed - my uncle had a couple of his Ramones and Rolling Stones etc OGs he bought as a kid chewed on by one of his new dogs. He was not too happy about that I can say.
                      "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                      and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Great records mate and an amazing dog !!
                        A border terrier??

Good luck with it - he looks ace !
                        Yes mate - a border terrier and he's already been warned about the records

Comment

• I knows me dogs !!
                          we had a patterdale / he was a handful to say the least - Alfie looks mellow !!
                          Rockwell
                          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by kenneth View Post
                            Went to vintage goodwood festival at weekend anyone else go there on here?
                            I saw Si Cheeba there. He was standing next to Smiler at the time. Were you with either?
                            it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                            take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Also picked this up today - newest addition to our family - meet Alfie!

Great find, the records ain't bad either!

I'm still on the look out for that NYJO after Towny played me it.
                              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

So

A

The Michael Gibbs is a good LP. I found my copy of this in Wales, Chepstow to be exact. I put Five For England on an xmas swap a couple of years back.

The Blue Mitchell is also excellent. Granite and Concrete is the track. Mitchell did a run of good stuff for Mainstream all of which are worth checking out; Graffiti Blues and Last Tango Blues amongst them.

And a good dog, too. Promised the kids a dog when we move house.

This is turning into a bit of a pet thread. All finds photos must now have a pet in shot, I reckon. Funky dogs, Jazz cats and Rock, erm, Lobsters.

At first I bought records, then I started to collect records; now I merely accumulate records.

Comment

Working...
                                X