Finds - August 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post

I'm still on the look out for that NYJO after Towny played me it.
    It's your lucky day mate - it's a spare and now in the bag for you
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
      It's your lucky day mate - it's a spare and now in the bag for you
      Nice one, thanks a lot Lee mate.
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Apologies for the appalling photograph. The majority of my LP finds over the last couple of months. Mixture of friends, charity shops, Brick Lane, Camden Record and Tape (or whatever it's called nowadays), and one from Ebay.
        George Harrasment, Masai Sleep Walking
        The Persuaders, The End Is Not Yet (UK religious LP on Nazarene, anybody else familiar with this one?)
        Vivian Goldman, Dirty Washing EP
        Limbo Rock, S/T
        Murphy Federation, 12 Minutes at the Hot Club Murphy (second copy I've copy stumbled across)
        Just Measurers, Flagellation
        The Homosexuals, The Homosexuals' Record
        The Homosexuals EP
        Up Murphy Street, S/T
        Family Fodder, Monkey Banana Kitchen
        Family Fodder, Sunday Girls EP
        L. Voag, The Way Out
        Attached Files

Comment

• LDJB - is the Artie Kornfeld Tree - the one with the tree on the front and their faces blended in? If it is, it didn't do anything for me, £8 is the going rate so no big deal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
            I saw Si Cheeba there. He was standing next to Smiler at the time. Were you with either?
            i was hangin with the cheeba quite a bit but who is this smiler?
            are you the guy that was chatting to si at the soul stage when geno washington was on?

Comment

• Originally posted by kenneth View Post
              i was hangin with the cheeba quite a bit but who is this smiler?
              are you the guy that was chatting to si at the soul stage when geno washington was on?
              Smiler = Manc Chris = The self-appointed judge = Chris the sparks
              To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

• Originally posted by nlgbbbblth View Post
                It is him. Great LP - in the book at £90 !

wow, thats my find of the year so far, paid a quid and a bit in sterling! shame mine isn't mint, more like G-VG vinyl. plays VG tho!

just read your excellent hair post.

what's the Hallmark hair LP like, (purple sleeve) haven't played it yet so any idea what I can expect?
                "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

• Originally posted by Viva Chiba View Post
                  Yeah, Gloucester. . . usually dire: but one lady had a bag with a few OK bits in it. . . that was the prize, but I also got twilight of honour / divorce american style osts, the chico lopez with "trouble spot" and the sweet vs the pipkins lp . . .

Hardly compares with the volume of stuff others have bagged, but it made the stopover worthwhile!

3rd "Up The Junction" I've found in the wild now

Ebay is also being exceptionally generous at the mo too . . .
                  Didnt know it was on cos of the motorbike show. Still need a copy of up the junction too!

Comment

• Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
                    Smiler = Manc Chris = The self-appointed judge = Chris the sparks
                    I see, by the way nice set mr.stapleton if you see this i was dancing down the front pissed already by then

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                      Also picked this up today - newest addition to our family - meet Alfie!

You suit that shade of nail varnish Lee...you must tell me where I can buy it.

Nice records Lee. That Michael Gibbs was one of my better carboot finds. As Geoff says I don't think that Kornfeld LP is that good.

I need that NYJO as well. I curse you Sayers!
                      "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• Hey Lee, I respect you and all that, but I see your dog and raise you my cat An outtake from my mono-chrome themed CSC
                        I have more of these

You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon View Post
                          Apologies for the appalling photograph. The majority of my LP finds over the last couple of months. Mixture of friends, charity shops, Brick Lane, Camden Record and Tape (or whatever it's called nowadays), and one from Ebay.
                          The Persuaders, The End Is Not Yet (UK religious LP on Nazarene, anybody else familiar with this one?)
                          Limbo Rock, S/T
                          Murphy Federation, 12 Minutes at the Hot Club Murphy (second copy I've copy stumbled across)
                          The Homosexuals EP
                          Up Murphy Street, S/T
                          Family Fodder, Monkey Banana Kitchen
                          Family Fodder, Sunday Girls EP
                          L. Voag, The Way Out
                          Nice find on the Vivian Goldman - what came from Brick Lane> I frequently wander around there but get very depressed with the lower than chazza standard total turd being sold by teethless crackheads.
                          "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

• man this disco klaus wunderlich has me laughing HARD
                            JESES WEEPD the magic flys ok tho

so far
                            ray mcvay ole mcvay- quite nice and groovy
                            easy listening special vol 1(nice library funk soundin version of it's too late with some breathy flutes..)
                            john williams (from the top is good chunky bassline and drums nice keys and some cool drama orchestra stuff on top once in a while ...whats that off.cant remember it off heights below/?)
                            green man-one song sounds like a whimsy axelrod just bass drums,singing,organ with very sparse atmosperic guitar.no drum break on honky tonk woman )
                            this is soul(fontana) faithul but very nice soundin.ian green had a hand in this too.
                            roger richards-hammond hits .. (no good.one sample for me but the lp is pish)

thats all i can handle tonight!
                            https://soundcloud.com/vapor-teh-apparition
                            https://soundcloud.com/don-pachi-aka-bling-laden
                            https://soundcloud.com/charlie-chong-snoop-god

Comment

• Originally posted by BestDressedChicken View Post
                              Nice find on the Vivian Goldman - what came from Brick Lane> I frequently wander around there but get very depressed with the lower than chazza standard total turd being sold by teethless crackheads.
                              Just the Limbo Rock LP, I'm afraid. Early 60's instros. Couple of fun tracks. I know exactly what you mean about Brick Lane. I have a friend who's had some luck down there. Worth persisting if you're down that way and, more importantly, if you can bear it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon View Post
                                The Homosexuals EP
                                L. Voag, The Way Out

NICE, had all of those execept MURPHY FEDERATION amd the JUST MEASURERS LP years ago but sold off all my postpunk / Homosexuals / diy collection. Are they keepers?
                                rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

Working...
                                X