Finds - August 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Melter View Post
    Picked up the very same ESP sampler a few weeks ago in that sleeve which is a bit strange as I thought the sleeve and record didn't go together. The cat number on the spine doesn't match the record. Also the track listing for the sampler is I believe supposed to list all the side one tracks on the rear of the cover with side two tracks listed in a separate booklet/pamphlet which I found in my copy. Very strange
    Welcome to ESP records, the catalog is rife with pressing errors.

Comment

• Nice finds Piglit, Haut Xingu is incredible, and I've been half heartedly on the lookout for that Folkways Bahama guitar thing.

I need to post some finds soon, I've been in and out of town - may have to wait til the September thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
        Sounds like everything you bought had marks Nige mate.
        Well like you I'm gettimg more fussy with age re: condition so although none are totally knackered just those occasional marks that result in a few clicks drive me crazy, especially when it's a 2nd copy.
        "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
          Well like you I'm gettimg more fussy with age re: condition so although none are totally knackered just those occasional marks that result in a few clicks drive me crazy, especially when it's a 2nd copy.
          I feel your pain, they would drive me crazy too mate.

Infact Ive got a buggered record I need to send back to the State, I'm sick of dealers who can't grade bloody records properly!
          Last edited by mr sayers; 24-08-2010, 07:45 PM.
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
            One arrival was this excellent 45 - nice 2 sider. I see the LP goes for £££ is it any good?

nice one - -i've been after this 45 - doesn't seem to tur nup much (of course i'm probably looking in the wrong places)

nice hauls everyone!
            Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• All from a charity shop today.

Mariposa '75 folk festival
              Straight folk, does nothing for me!

Ellen Mcllwaine - We the people (polydor)
              Really glad to pick this as I'd been after it for a while.

The Searchers - Needles & pins (RCA)
              Not to bad on first listen.

Music Dewolfe - Workout
              Utter shit 80's tittle, couldn't leave it as some of the description where looking good.

Comment

• Who are the performers on the De Wolfe Workout, Craig?

Unit 2 - New Images from 1984 is a deadly De Wolfe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_te8Wp9wjOM
                YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by nlgbbbblth View Post
                  Who are the performers on the De Wolfe Workout, Craig?

Unit 2 - New Images from 1984 is a deadly De Wolfe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_te8Wp9wjOM
                  F.Mcdonald and C.Rae Paul mate.

Some of the tittles like 'Workout - Driving, powerful, exhilarating', and 'Burning - Dramatic, forceful, driving' gave me hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by nlgbbbblth View Post
                    Thats the kind of sound on mine, but it does nothing for me mate!

Comment

F.Mcdonald and C.Rae Paul mate.

Some of the tittles like 'Workout - Driving, powerful, exhilarating', and 'Burning - Dramatic, forceful, driving' gave me hope.
                      Frank McDonald and Chris Rae - have seen their names crop up a few times. Those descriptions can be misleading. I like a lot of those mid 1980s synthesised libraries - real nostalgia fix.
                      YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by d7bohs View Post
                        Loving the Singers and Players, especially Prince Far I's tale of 'Bedward'...

That's a great album, and a total classic track that you mention. The big sax on it is by Dave "Flash" Wright, who'd played with Essential Logic and a bit later, Rip, Rig & Panic

Comment

All from a charity shop today.

Ellen Mcllwaine - We the people (polydor)
                          Really glad to pick this as I'd been after it for a while.
                          Nice charity find mate! What are you moaning on about in that other thread
                          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                            Nice charity find mate! What are you moaning on about in that other thread
                            Thanks....I check this spot everyday mate, so I deserve a return on it.

Comment

Thanks....I check this spot everyday mate, so I deserve a return on it.
                              Indeed you do

I did a charity run this lunchtime - came back with nothing but left being that Ella Fitzgerald 'Sunshine of your Love' LP as I already had it and it was too dear for a spare (£4.99) if anyone needs though I can go back. Also left behind two LPs by Harold Betters from the early 60's - was this a mistake?
                              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Harold Betters-Funk Express is worth picking up
                                The first time I was sick and the second time my hat blew off.

Comment

Working...
                                X