Finds - August 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Campag Record View Post

Minzoto Ya Zaire - Zaire Folk Pop (Arcade Records) A Belgium/Dutch? release from I don't know when. Crap apart from the last 2 tracks that almost get funky but don't as there's a lack of guitars and heavy drums. Still OK.
    What songs are on that? I'm sure I can find a home for it if you want rid
    https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
    https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
    https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

• 'picked up these yesterday at my local winona ryder care charity - anyone know anything about any of them?

the polboys – ‘melodie goralskie’ (lovers of polish folk club 45, poland 73) - pvt press polish progish
      anon – ‘muzika bey kapelmika’ (panton 45, czech 69) – brassy, easy, jazzy
      pozalej – ‘pro jasny jeden svit’ (supraphon 45, czech 67) - soundtracky
      jiri korn – ‘yvetta’ (supraphon 45, czech 71) – schlager, schlager, schlager
      collecting records taught me everything i never needed to know

soundtracks from collaborative projects :cool:

Comment

• 4 X No from me Des sorry.
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• np si

(did you have a heartbreaker 45 btw? i picked another copy today)

Comment

• picked up these drums & fuzz 45s today, again, courtesy of ryder care:

them – ‘baby please don’t go’ (decca 45, uk 64)
            move – ‘night of fear’ (deram 45, uk 66)
            small faces – ‘grow your own’ (decca 45, uk 66)
            the animals – ‘gratefully dead’ (mgm 45, uk 67)
            dc5 – ‘maze of love’ (columbia 45, uk 68)
            &
            gene pitney – ‘she’s a heartbreaker’ (stateside 45, uk 68)

Comment

• Got the gene pitney mate thanks / nice uk blue eyed soul version by dave hunter that i must dig out for my N.E visit in September.
              Rockwell
              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by cellardweller View Post
                'picked up these yesterday at my local winona ryder care charity - anyone know anything about any of them?

the polboys – ‘melodie goralskie’ (lovers of polish folk club 45, poland 73) - pvt press polish progish

A mate of mine has got this...wouldn't describe it as prog, but it's great!

I'd say more "funky lounge band playing folk songs"
                "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

• Received Ian Green - Revelation in the mail yesterday. After someone here likened him to a UK David Axelrod I've been curious to listen to this. I was scared you Brits were being a bit patriotic and it wouldn't sound enough like David Axelrod so not too high expectations and was positively surprised. So whoever said it was right. Thanks for hipping it to me whoever it was. Thanks for the record Joe - I see you used some cardboard for extra protection in the mailer, to further get rid of some vinyl I used some Polish disco-thingie or whatever it was...
                  "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                  and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe M'geek View Post

that seems apt joe. i'd not describe it as prog either, nor progressive, just progish, what with the organ intro & beardies in pointed hats on the sleeve

Comment

i'd be more inclined to hear it with the latter description... how's that career in marketing working out for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                        i'd be more inclined to hear it with the latter description... how's that career in marketing working out for you?
                        Career? I'm still waiting to hear back from my school's career adviser

Don't suppose there's any chance you could post it up, CD? Both sides are killer- or at least, have some killer sounds/playing, from my recollects, and the pal copy has got a nasty edgewarp
                        "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                          ...the Adamo has a couple of good dancers on it but not the sitar track which Matt Hero played me once - can anyone tell me what Adamo is decent?
                          Lee - apart from the sitar track, there's only one I rate but sure there must be more. Il Y A Juste Un An builds to a Gainsbourg-y beat-t thing. There's also an Italian version that I have on an Italian LP.
                          Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

• Originally posted by relkeel View Post

Hacker stuff was widely used in schools and is robust. The Garrard is basically the belt drive version of the sp25 MkIV, which was far more common than what you have (not many 35SBs in the UK I think they were mostly export) Pull the cartridge slider out the front of the headshell and post a pic of the cart, so we can see what stylus is needed. At the same time, I'd clean the contacts with alcohol as they tend to oxidise and you get intermittent audio on one or other channel.
                            Last edited by eclectiktronik; 26-08-2010, 02:38 AM.
                            "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                              Received Ian Green - Revelation in the mail yesterday. After someone here likened him to a UK David Axelrod I've been curious to listen to this. I was scared you Brits were being a bit patriotic and it wouldn't sound enough like David Axelrod so not too high expectations and was positively surprised. So whoever said it was right. Thanks for hipping it to me whoever it was.
                              Great producer/arranger, always inventive...I'll often buy something blind if it has his name on.

Comment

any chance you could post it up, CD?
                                'am sure. try this: http://www.divshare.com/download/12378935-fea

Comment

Working...
                                X