No announcement yet.

Finds - August 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tape stretch is not a widespread problem, you're more likely to have a section do this if the cart is tightly or unevenly wound and jams.

This can in fact happen if the pad is not making good contact, as the tape is free to ride up and down the pinch roller , gets crinkled and winds poorly onto the reel. You also hear the sound dropping out or parallel tracks being played simultaneously when this occurs, a handy warning sign!
    "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

• Originally posted by Payback3000 View Post
      There is a Ski Yogurt one too?

Yep, and it's equally as good as the one you've just found.
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
        and a copy of this - loads better than i was expecting - great trippy Airplane like folk / psych...
        Been meaning to pick up both Gentle Reign LP's forever....one of these days I'll get round to it.

Nice stuff Sie.
        "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
          Yep, and it's equally as good as the one you've just found.
          Is it the flip of the 'full of fitness theme' that's good? I've got it, but can only remember the annoying a-side
          "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

• Originally posted by priima View Post

Jaan Kuman - Estraadipalu some of you have heard "Ratastel" on blue burt xmas cd. incredible jazz funk in form of "dance music" from Estonia released in 1975. Ratastel and Kirsiõite tolm. i found it now first time, there's now only one LP with Kuman group to be found. hopefully there will be interview with him soon.
            Is this from the Tallinn '70 LP you have pictured? I have this record somewhere and didn't think it had anything good on it. I will have to revisit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe M'geek View Post
              Is it the flip of the 'full of fitness theme' that's good? I've got it, but can only remember the annoying a-side
              Yeah, I think so....

Comment

• Originally posted by kingpin View Post
                Is this from the Tallinn '70 LP you have pictured? I have this record somewhere and didn't think it had anything good on it. I will have to revisit.
                no, from Tallinn 70 is this http://www.divshare.com/download/12379686-b14
                lyrics are stupid, i hate her actress voice, but still find it amusing. there's two tracks by Marju Kuut too. but no jazz funk!

Comment

• Y'all want to see what Fuz found out in the wilds - I'm green with envy!! C'mon mate let's see 'em up on here!!
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                    Y'all want to see what Fuz found out in the wilds - I'm green with envy!! C'mon mate let's see 'em up on here!!

Sounds like I will be too!

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                      Y'all want to see what Fuz found out in the wilds - I'm green with envy!! C'mon mate let's see 'em up on here!!
                      Just going through them now...

A wee batch of Libraries including a few good 'uns, a few interesting ones and inevitably a few duffers...

Feeling well chuffed, It's the first time I've ever stumbled across a clutch of libes...

MP24 Classical phases - Janko Nilovic

Sounds Music Library (SML) Romantic pastoral & French music / Activity, Travel & Dramatic

MP Public relations - Camille Sauvage

SML Electronic music

SML Small group pop

MP27 Moog Generation

MP37 Monologue pour...

SML Guitar / Small Group

SML eastern music / Activity & Travel

MP81 Pop Guitar Sketches No2

MP71 Pop Shoppin - Janko Nilovic

Studio G Cool Beat Vol 2

Lots of involvement from Herbie Flowers, Roger Coulam, Vic Flick, Mike Vickers, JJ Perrey, Sven Libeck, John Sangster, Janko etc....

and to top it off I also found a stack of sleeveless albums from the seventies, nothing to get excited about but great to hear for 50p a shot...
                      Inc. Ramases' 2nd, Ike Turner, Groundhogs, Pink Fairies, some sampler with Mighty Baby doin 'a blanket in my muesli' on it, James Brown, Jeff Beck, The Transmitters, what I think is the first Blue Oyster Cult LP, a couple of Van Der Graff Generator Lp's on Charisma and some other stuff I can't remember...

Pictures may or may not follow, if I can sort my camera out...

So......... I take it all back what I said about charity shops in that other thread

Mind you, I might as well stop looking now that I've had my annual slice of luck
                      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

• Symarip

Sooooo happy to have picked this up for a quid wednesday morning.

A real classy record (esp Side 2) probably the pioneering skinhead reggae lp...

Have been meaning to upgrade this lp for a while, and the condition of the vinyl is near perfect.

Seen Symarip live few weeks back and they were truly outstanding...

The two original frontmen; the legerdary Roy Ellis and Monty Naysmith had energy of people half their age Roy actually did a somersault at the end of the set (!!!) .

Their set was faultless and the band so tight, with Steve Harris playing the ryhthm guitar masterfully.

If anyone gets the chance to see them, then Id recommend, was as good if not better than seeing Prince Buster a few years back in Bournemouth...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                          ramases' 2nd
                          brilliance
                          "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

• wow Fuz - that's some haul, let us know what the Moog Generation is like.
                            YouTube

Comment

• Great stuff Fuz.

Just a few market bits today.

Brian Bennett - The Illustrated London Noise (Studio 2) Long time VV want (aka Pitch's avatar) and no description required. Wish I could say it was a pound score but unfornately from a dealer and really a bit more than I would have liked to pay (he hadn't had a copy for years) but what can you do when it's right in front of you!!

The Forum Quorum - S/T (Decca) I see Sie Fly rates this and rightly so Nice garage/Rare Earth sounding stuff and the flute on some tracks along with organ/acid guitar really kills it. Shame the sleeve is as rough as hell and the vinyl has one nasty scratch but on a lesser track. These US buys always cause me a dilema....pay £10, like I did here or go home, bid on one for $10 + P&P for a nicer copy.

Standard Music Library ESL 114 (Romantic/Nostalgic/Sad/Comedy/Children) Left this for a quid a few weeks back but decided this time to get it. Had hope for the Mike Vickers - Yersterday's Dreams track and sure enough it's an easy cracker but then I remembered that was the name of a Baker Street Philarmonic LP I still need. This track just increases my need to get that LP, then I can bin this useless library BTW Has a slushy Mike Gibbs tune 'At Day's End' but its naff.
                              Last edited by Campag Record; 28-08-2010, 06:33 PM.
                              "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                                Just going through them now...

A wee batch of Libraries including a few good 'uns, a few interesting ones and inevitably a few duffers...

Feeling well chuffed, It's the first time I've ever stumbled across a clutch of libes...

MP24 Classical phases - Janko Nilovic

Sounds Music Library (SML) Romantic pastoral & French music / Activity, Travel & Dramatic

MP Public relations - Camille Sauvage

SML Electronic music

SML Small group pop

MP27 Moog Generation

MP37 Monologue pour...

SML Guitar / Small Group

SML eastern music / Activity & Travel

MP81 Pop Guitar Sketches No2

MP71 Pop Shoppin - Janko Nilovic

Studio G Cool Beat Vol 2

Lots of involvement from Herbie Flowers, Roger Coulam, Vic Flick, Mike Vickers, JJ Perrey, Sven Libeck, John Sangster, Janko etc....

and to top it off I also found a stack of sleeveless albums from the seventies, nothing to get excited about but great to hear for 50p a shot...
                                Inc. Ramases' 2nd, Ike Turner, Groundhogs, Pink Fairies, some sampler with Mighty Baby doin 'a blanket in my muesli' on it, James Brown, Jeff Beck, The Transmitters, what I think is the first Blue Oyster Cult LP, a couple of Van Der Graff Generator Lp's on Charisma and some other stuff I can't remember...

Pictures may or may not follow, if I can sort my camera out...

So......... I take it all back what I said about charity shops in that other thread

Mind you, I might as well stop looking now that I've had my annual slice of luck

Bloody hell, what a result Fuz mate!

Comment

Working...
                                X