Finds - August 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
    What's the sitar one called Jim...and where can I find it - I'll list up the decent ones off that LP later if you like?
    Lee - its called Les Amours de Journaux. I think its on a couple of 45s (b-side to Pauvre Verlaine) but I've got it on a self-titled LP.
    Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

• Good finds there Nige mate, a long time vulture record off the list is always a satisfying one. I still need 'change of direction'.
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
        Good finds there Nige mate, a long time vulture record off the list is always a satisfying one. I still need 'change of direction'.
        Aye cheers, happy to get it. Just a matter of time for the Direction LP....at least you'll not be competing against me
        "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
          Aye cheers, happy to get it. Just a matter of time for the Direction LP....at least you'll not be competing against me
          So I take it you didn't make it to the Newcastle record fair then mate?!

Comment

• A few singles for mere cents early this morning:

Including a decent copy of this....

Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

• Some Eurofinds and some Shopfinds

Nucleus Alleycat ... mint copy, great Jazz, Fusion, Progressive Rock from 1975
              Blaxploitation Soundtrack Sheba Baby ... On great soundtrack, only a few left on my blaxploitation want list
              East Harlem Bus Stop Get on Down ... Hard to find Disco Funk album
              The Alan Tew Orchestra Don't Look at Me, Listen to the Music ... Vinyl Vulture Classic
              Dr. Alimantado Love Is ... I'm not a Reggae fan, but for 1 euro I will cop this
              The Drones Futher Temptations ... Never seen this UK punk record before, I like this one

Louis Armstrong And his friends ... Last records he recorded before his death, great version of "Creator Has a Master Plan"
              Bernard Wright Nard ... We all know this, probably the only good GRP record or are there more???
              Quincy Jones Plays Standard Hits ... Japanese record with some decend tracks, 1981
              Charly Antolini Drumbeat ... Great MPS, this one is not as funky as "Into the Groove"
              Tangerine Dream Cyclone ... Never bothered to pick this up before, but I do like this one
              Jeremy Steig Fusion ... Are there any bad "Groove Mechants"?

Rolling Stones Sticky fingers ... Nice wallpiece for euro, not my cup of tea, working zipper
              Monty Alexander The Way It Is ... Not one of his best, no outstanding tracks on this one
              Earl George One & Only ... Another 1 euro Reggea record
              My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

• I Was baffled to find this and an armful of other nice gear at 11 this morning as i made a half arsed attempt and at the local Bootie / guy told me he had just bought a container load of records and they were £1.50 / £1.00 each.........there were so many 45's i would have needed the whole weekend to look !!
                Will post rest of finds soon...

Great album from Chis Ducey / Lucey - garage folk with a small hint of jazziness on a couple of tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTC9N6UZc2Y

and this - big Towny spin -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K5m-...eature=related
                Rockwell
                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                  I love this track off Towny's mix.

BTW it sounds like you had a fruit-full morning Sie mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                    I love this track off Towny's mix.

BTW it sounds like you had a fruit-full morning Sie mate.
                    should have got up earlier / the seller told me one guy had walked away with 50+ albums...
                    Still chuffed with what i got and still puzzled as to why nobody bothered picking this up.

i also got this Craig - nice long version of Aretha's 'rock steady' on it.
                    Rockwell
                    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                      should have got up earlier / the seller told me one guy had walked away with 50+ albums...
                      Still chuffed with what i got and still puzzled as to why nobody bothered picking this up.

i also got this Craig - nice long version of Aretha's 'rock steady' on it.
                      Great version Sie mate, there's also a single of it.

Comment

• A new one on me Craig - i was also happy with a Uk copy of this in lovely condition / spare US press going should anyone want one?

Rush Hour is great !
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKGPChBvjB8
                        Rockwell
                        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Looks like you were killing it today Sie mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by d7bohs View Post
                            A few singles for mere cents early this morning:

Including a decent copy of this....

Oh yes! Now that was worth getting out of bed for
                            ...if in doubt consult your dealer.

Comment

• That Miracles E.P. looks wonderful! I've never seen one of those.

Comment

• Rain stopped play here today but i am still reeling after picking a few nice bits up yesterday for peanuts !!
                                Been a good August for me and nice to see others turning up some lovely gear in the wild....here's to September !!

Rockwell
                                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Working...
                                X