Finds - August 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by john stapleton View Post
    Nice haul - haven't seen the Test Dept for many years! Did you get his number?
    He wouldn't give his number but I left mine. These finds were from last weekend and so a week later no response, damn.

Comment

• Finally broke my drought today. My local has been rubbish this year, and I can't drive...but headed out with friends to a village fete that had a small boot type thing attached

BIG:
      Mose Alive- Mose Allison- lovely clean uk og that's spinning right now...great stuff. Can definitely hear where Georgie Fame got his vocal inspiration from. Obviously this is the pick of the bunch for me so far - and I left my number with the fella I got it off, who said he's got a load more in the loft...all his other stuff was interesting- foreign pressings and the like, but maybe a bit traddy for me...said the loft hoard is a bit later, so hopefully that means late sixties/seventies rather than eighties
      A tapestry of British Bird Song/VC Lewis
      Dizzy- Tommy Roe
      The Ventures play telstar

LITTLE:
      Johnny Keating- Ya Ya didn't know this, but love a bit of Keating- even/especially the guitar instro years
      The Herd- Our Fairy Tale rude to leave it for 5p
      DDDBMT Sun goes down, wreck of the antoinette ditto!
      "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

• Originally posted by korova View Post
        One of the last guys to turn up produced the 48 singles and 10 lp's and 12" pictured below and all of my favorite genre, punk and new wave.
        What a score - - there's a DJ set just waiting to be spun there - have a few of those, but nothing like that set
        "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

• Originally posted by DerekJ View Post
          A decent haul for a change the blue note lp's all og's all £3 each - result the others between £1-£3

Derek

Hey Derek, good find on the Mary My Hope, many years ago my friends and I lifted the gear on one of their tours. Not VG+ music, but those days of helping out with Janes Addiction, Flesh For Lulu and Love and Rockets as well were great times.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Brainbomb;396037]they didn't go "oops, yes that one has the wrong pricetag you know - it should read £50 instead...." /QUOTE]

Mint, Second Beat and Beat-Bop are good that way. I talked to the owners of Beat-Bop and Second Beat about a few bargains I've gotten from their stores (Trane at Village Vanguard, West Wing, Heikki Sarmanto, Gaye Flamingoes for 3 Euros each) and they agreed it was worth it for the goodwill alone. But Denner still looked a little surprised when I brought Isis' Ain't No Backin Up to the counter with a 1,5 Euros tag on it ...

Comment

• [QUOTE=Headless mermaid;396166]
              Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
              they didn't go "oops, yes that one has the wrong pricetag you know - it should read £50 instead...." /QUOTE]

Mint, Second Beat and Beat-Bop are good that way. I talked to the owners of Beat-Bop and Second Beat about a few bargains I've gotten from their stores (Trane at Village Vanguard, West Wing, Heikki Sarmanto, Gaye Flamingoes for 3 Euros each) and they agreed it was worth it for the goodwill alone. But Denner still looked a little surprised when I brought Isis' Ain't No Backin Up to the counter with a 1,5 Euros tag on it ...
              But he still let you have it - even for free I think because you bought something else with a heftier pricetag, didn't he?

Yes - I like Beat-Bop even more now. And Mint. They can probably expect more visits from me and recommendations for places to go if someone asks me...
              "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
              and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• A quick fix after work... The Rolf-Hans Müller has a nice psych/b-boy version of Na Na Hey Hey with a long breakdown in the middle.

And some more crap pics...
                Nothing golden about this place.

Von Dutch bag and compact turntable.

Dog.

Infrastructure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                  And some more crap...
                  Dog.

Infrastructure.
                  Yeah - you sure know how to market Copenhagen to the crowd. Improvised roadblocks and mangy street dogs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                    Improvised roadblocks and mangy street dogs!
                    ah, that might explain this then >> danish rabbit hopping championships
                    collecting records taught me everything i never needed to know

soundtracks from collaborative projects :cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                      Yeah - you sure know how to market Copenhagen to the crowd. Improvised roadblocks and mangy street dogs!
                      Well you've got me sold!
                      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• I found a cover version of Cans Spoon on a Jo Ment record. I found it while taking my new bike for a ride. I traded the bike for a Knef 45. Thats all.
                        All the Wolpertingers

Comment

• Here are some more I forgot about from the last couple of days:

Marlena Shaw was smashed and free, skips during the best parts, looks like somone's been rubbing a fork across it

Comment

• Ouch, shame about that Marlene Shaw LP...
                            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
                              I found a cover version of Cans Spoon on a Jo Ment record.
                              WTF??

Tell us more...

Comment

• Mmmm......Valdemars Orchestra.........nice one Mr Headless Mermaid
                                records - one a week mixcloud
                                records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                                X