No announcement yet.

Finds - August 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hectic weekend,fell out with two arsey dealers, left behind a couple of Patrick Adams related disco 12"s which may or may not have been worth shedloads. A few weepers and a few keepers.

Astrud Gilberto - Funny World
    Soul On Delivery - Hustle
    Jimmy Castor - Bertha Big Butt
    Two Man Sound - Amadeo
    Muscle Shoals Horns - Breakdown
    Idris Mohammad - Turn That Mutha Out
    Danta - Freeway
    Brick - Dazz
    Tony King Shanty Town/Song Of Gog
    Roy Buchanan - Sweet Dreams
    Stanley Turrentine - Evil Ways
    Bert Jansch - In The Bleak Midwinter
    Black Rock - New York City Bump
    Marsha Hunt- Ce La Vie/Do You Believe In Voodoo
    Disco Dub Band - For The Love Of Money
    Jimmy Cliff - I Go To Pieces

A crap picture of Hudders' in the sun with Studley Pke in the background.

KenTwatty??
    record licker

Comment

• Some of those records were in Lancaster on Saturday / did you get them from Halifax from an old chap with beard??
      I know,i know...it's sad but i am sure i went through them !!
      Rockwell
      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
        Some of those records were in Lancaster on Saturday / did you get them from Halifax from an old chap with beard??
        I know,i know...it's sad but i am sure i went through them !!
        Thats old Jimmy. a right character, let me have them for 50p each in return for watching his pitch while he went for a slash,he was standing (well actually he was sitting and smoking his pipe) in Otley on Sunday.
        record licker

Comment

• Originally posted by left hand corner View Post
          Mmmm......Valdemars Orchestra.........nice one Mr Headless Mermaid
          I already told you it sucks ass except for one track that kicks ass - and that you can have my copy for free when I find it... or buy me beer if you absolutely have to... except we drink for free at Crillo...
          "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
          and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Originally posted by relkeel View Post
            Thats old Jimmy. a right character, let me have them for 50p each in return for watching his pitch while he went for a slash,he was standing (well actually he was sitting and smoking his pipe) in Otley on Sunday.
            flipping mad man / but a likeable character / he seems to turn up some time nice gear and is so cheap it hurts
            Rockwell
            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

I know the bloke - sits in the front of his car, puffing away merrily on his pipe, with huge piles of records in front. I've got some nice and very unexpected bits from him at Otley before (as did Neil).
              Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                I already told you it sucks ass except for one track that kicks ass - and that you can have my copy for free when I find it... or buy me beer if you absolutely have to... except we drink for free at Crillo...
                You are a good man. I will gladly pay for the LP or pay in kind with booze.

A trip to Malmo by the Copenhagen Crillo chaps should happen soon. Don't you agree?
                records - one a week mixcloud
                records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

• Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
                  I know the bloke - sits in the front of his car, puffing away merrily on his pipe, with huge piles of records in front. I've got some nice and very unexpected bits from him at Otley before (as did Neil).
                  Small world innit / this is the chap who told me he just dropped 8k on a container load of vinyl in North Wales / he's an old acid head i reckon...big Zappa / Beefheart fan...respect to the man
                  Rockwell
                  Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                    Small world innit / this is the chap who told me he just dropped 8k on a container load of vinyl in North Wales / he's an old acid head i reckon...big Zappa / Beefheart fan...respect to the man
                    If he likes the look of you he'll draw you forward and let you into the secret method of how he turned a fiver into millions of ££. I couldnt make head nor tail of it,but Im probably thick and destined for perpetual poverty.
                    record licker

Comment

If he likes the look of you he'll draw you forward and let you into the secret method of how he turned a fiver into millions of ££. I couldnt make head nor tail of it,but Im probably thick and destined for perpetual poverty.
                      I reckon he is on cloud 9 to be fair,but he seems harmless enough and must have some decent connections / did you do all the 45's ?
                      Did you get Danta off him?
                      i was short on time so i never looked at 7"s / maybe this week i'll take my time !!
                      Rockwell
                      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• I did most of them for little reward. there was another guy with an even bigger load for sale,I fell out with him so got nothing, but someone came over to me complaining of been overfaced it was a bit overwhelming but its better than going and there being no records I thought to myself
                        No the Danta and the others were from a huge collection that was on Leeds market the last few weeks, week one I was just set to spend an afternoon going through them but he wanted £1 each so passed ..and probably missed heat. Week 2 they were dowm to 50p so piled in ,lad next to me pulled some okay records like Chubby Checker 'Gypsy' etc.....
                        record licker

Comment

• Nice finds / and good to get a trans-pennine dig underway !!
                          Rockwell
                          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by left hand corner View Post
                            A trip to Malmo by the Copenhagen Crillo chaps should happen soon. Don't you agree?
                            Yes! A trip to to the Malmö spots and some korv with mos sounds like a fun day

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                              Yes! A trip to to the Malmö spots and some korv with mos sounds like a fun day
                              I have no contacts in the club scene so I have no connections to a possibility to do a one-off Crillo-thingie over here but it has struck my mind. Especially since I tried to get a collector/dealer mate to come to the trade-day in Christiania and he couldn't get away from kids but afterwards looked at the pics and said something like we could organize a day like that for the Malmo collectors some time...
                              "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                              and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                                I have no contacts in the club scene so I have no connections to a possibility to do a one-off Crillo-thingie over here but it has struck my mind. Especially since I tried to get a collector/dealer mate to come to the trade-day in Christiania and he couldn't get away from kids but afterwards looked at the pics and said something like we could organize a day like that for the Malmo collectors some time...
                                Run with it. Explore. See Where it goes...

Comment

Working...
                                X