Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finds - August 2010

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by relkeel View Post
    No the Danta and the others were from a huge collection that was on Leeds market the last few weeks, week one I was just set to spend an afternoon going through them but he wanted £1 each so passed ..and probably missed heat. Week 2 they were dowm to 50p so piled in ,lad next to me pulled some okay records like Chubby Checker 'Gypsy' etc.....
    Dammit. I move out of Leeds city centre, having checked the market a couple of times a week while I was holiday and then a 50p copy of Gypsy pops up. Dang.

    Who was selling the collection on the market? Howard from Criminal Records? Black guy who's name I've temporarily forgotten? Older bloke with records filed by year of release? Someone else?
    Mixes, compilations and the like

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
      Dammit. I move out of Leeds city centre, having checked the market a couple of times a week while I was holiday and then a 50p copy of Gypsy pops up. Dang.

      Who was selling the collection on the market? Howard from Criminal Records? Black guy who's name I've temporarily forgotten? Older bloke with records filed by year of release? Someone else?
      Aye up Jimmy,it was Howard with the 45s. I think the other seller , Nabby, might have called it a day or maybe hes just on a break, but he was selling everything off cheap last week and wasnt standing this morning.
      record licker

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
        Dammit. I move out of Leeds city centre, having checked the market a couple of times a week while I was holiday and then a 50p copy of Gypsy pops up. Dang.

        Who was selling the collection on the market? Howard from Criminal Records? Black guy who's name I've temporarily forgotten? Older bloke with records filed by year of release? Someone else?
        Sounding a little frazzled there, Jimmy!! Howard had tons to wade through - I managed to get the Smiths Crisps/Cliff Adams flexi, Incredible Bongo Band, Judee Sill, Dean Parrish and others out of the morass of crap 80s pop. Give Howard a buzz - I'm sure he'd be up for you perusing out of hours if you're jonesin' for a vinyl fix!!
        "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

        Comment


        • Frazzled from the house move mate!

          He had tonnes early in August - lots of ace fifties r'n'r and pop - and I regularly get interesting things from his pound boxes of LPs. Also had some nice reggae and soul 45s from Nabby so can't complain!
          Mixes, compilations and the like

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
            WTF??

            Tell us more...
            Soundclip and Photo will be made as soon as I get out of this hellhole.
            All the Wolpertingers

            Comment


            • Originally posted by relkeel View Post

              Please could you tell me what that Horald Griffiths is like? I've been swithering about it for ages but haven't been able to find any soundclips. Bernard Purdie's on it isn't he? Any insight would be much appreciated - thanks.
              In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

              Eclectic Mud


              Comment


              • Couple of bits off the interweb,
                Tuff Crew-Phanjam,Soo Def Records.Got this already as mentioned in another post but with postage from states only 26 quid.Nice copy n all.Might stick one up as spare on here, waiting on a poss trade with a friend tho.
                Walrus-Who can i trust,Deram 45. vocals almost spoil this but not quite. Nice bit of horn rock.
                Mongo santamaria-Cold Sweat.Nice on 45 abeit short on running time.
                Peter Herbolzheimer-Quality,Later 70s german press of certain lions and tigers-soul condor.
                KPM-Rock On. didnt have this one till now.Cheap.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by kenneth View Post
                  Walrus-Who can i trust,Deram 45. vocals almost spoil this but not quite. Nice bit of horn rock.
                  great 45!
                  We know when a mate buys it for you too.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by kenneth View Post
                    Couple of bits off the interweb,
                    Tuff Crew-Phanjam,Soo Def Records.Got this already as mentioned in another post but with postage from states only 26 quid.Nice copy n all.Might stick one up as spare on here, waiting on a poss trade with a friend tho.
                    Walrus-Who can i trust,Deram 45. vocals almost spoil this but not quite. Nice bit of horn rock.
                    Mongo santamaria-Cold Sweat.Nice on 45 abeit short on running time.
                    Peter Herbolzheimer-Quality,Later 70s german press of certain lions and tigers-soul condor.
                    KPM-Rock On. didnt have this one till now.Cheap.
                    Nice finds on the Tuff crew. Interested in trade if youdecide to trade it. See me Sep trades, got some rap classics.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                      Please could you tell me what that Horald Griffiths is like? I've been swithering about it for ages but haven't been able to find any soundclips. Bernard Purdie's on it isn't he? Any insight would be much appreciated - thanks.
                      Ron Carter plays bass,but no Purdie. Its a strange record ,bit of everything , from Country Hank Williams style, uptempo rockabilly, and a couple of really interesting downtempo loner folk type tracks. Worth picking up for a few quid,particularly if it does'nt have ringworm like my copy.
                      record licker

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by relkeel View Post
                        Ron Carter plays bass,but no Purdie. Its a strange record ,bit of everything , from Country Hank Williams style, uptempo rockabilly, and a couple of really interesting downtempo loner folk type tracks. Worth picking up for a few quid,particularly if it does'nt have ringworm like my copy.
                        Thank you sir
                        In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

                        Eclectic Mud


                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                          Car boot finds from the last few weeks, plus a few picked up in Wales on holiday and from Spitalfields. Vincent Gordon as on Carlito's excellent swap CD; the Andromeda is a bit on the ponderous, serious end of psych for me. Not sure about the Sabres 'Roly Poly' - is this toytown Mod?


                          The B-side, by the Viceroys, is also gorgeous. I didn't know which side to include in the last swap, finally I choose Vincent Gordon because it went well with the next song in the compilation.
                          ¡A tope con la vida!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X