No announcement yet.

Finds - August 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got a brace of stuff during my lunchbreak...

7''
    Shawn Elliott - The Sidewinder
    a couple of Johnny Devlin singles
    Blood, Sweat and Tears - Lucretia's Reprise
    Joe Tex - You Said a Bad Word
    The Olympics - The Bounce
    Tommy J and the Shandells - Gotta Get Back to You

LPs
    Martin Denny - A Taste of India (with Incence and Peppermints)
    Esther Ofarim - Is It Really Me?

right, when hometime?

Comment

Originally posted by AlanP View Post
      Esther Ofarim - Is It Really Me?
      Try To The Ends Of The Earth - groovy and trippy!

Comment

Traded a stack of crap for all these. I'm not mad.

funkdoobiest: brothas doobie lp - lovely moody muggs production, missed it the first time around
        kam: neva again lp - german pc
        x-clan: xodus lp
        lee morgan: the cooker lp - later blue note press but still, love sme some lee morgan
        da lench mob: guerillas in the mist - german pc, haven't heard it in ages, slammin' ice cube/wicked era related
        x-clan: raise the flag 12" - - spare, couldn't resist, remember hearing the sample in downstairs recs in nyc in 1989 and asking about it and being looked at in amazement
        king sun: xl lp
        the dramatics: a dramatic experience lp
        mandrill: composite truth lp - the one w fence walk
        group home: real niggas don't die/beefin for rap 12" - feat jeru, still love jeru
        doug e fresh: keep risin to the top 12" - spare, couldn't resist
        massinfluence: the underground science ep - sealed
        ice cube: death certificate lp - spare, couldn't resist
        cymande: the message lp - polish prsss on muza, but still
        son of bazerk lp - never heard it the first time around, gave it a spin and felt very bizarre
        lena and gabor lp
        hubert laws: wild flower lp - love his playing on earlier impulse titles, is this one of his rated ones?
        highlight on disco nights comp - w love sounds
        arrested d: tennessee 12" - spare, couldn't resist

Comment

Hit up the flea market stalls at St. Dominic's Fair in Gdańsk last weekend. Glad I did! I posted these at Waxidermy, but I know there are Polish record loving guys here, so figured I'd share.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychedelic Super Pjotr View Post
            Been looking for a copy of that Skaldowie 7" in decent nick for a while: seems not too rare, but nearly always hammered!

Also wondered if a Niebiesko-Czarni EP was ever issued related to that film...never seen it if it was.
            a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by wayne View Post
              Been looking for a copy of that Skaldowie 7" in decent nick for a while: seems not too rare, but nearly always hammered!

Also wondered if a Niebiesko-Czarni EP was ever issued related to that film...never seen it if it was.
              You're right about the Skaldowie. I was excited to find it a few weeks ago only to discover it was not only rinked but also cracked... and the sleeve was a mangy G if I ever saw one.

As far as Niebiesko-Czarni go, I am not aware of a 7" EP specifically from the film and don't think any of the tracks are on any of the LPs and 7"s I have, but they have so many 7" singles and EPs out, that it's hard to know for sure. I'll try and find out. They were from around here, so the singles turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychedelic Super Pjotr View Post
                You're right about the Skaldowie. I was excited to find it a few weeks ago only to discover it was not only rinked but also cracked... and the sleeve was a mangy G if I ever saw one.

As far as Niebiesko-Czarni go, I am not aware of a 7" EP specifically from the film and don't think any of the tracks are on any of the LPs and 7"s I have, but they have so many 7" singles and EPs out, that it's hard to know for sure. I'll try and find out. They were from around here, so the singles turn up.
                I know at least a couple of the Niebiesko-Czarni songs from Mocne Uderzenie are on the Alarm! LP, but in different versions to those in the film...
                a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Got some finds to post tomorrow, but to all the CSc nay Sayers a bit of persistence got me a sax 2307 today which was nice!
                  Last edited by BoneyVotel; 07-08-2010, 09:09 PM.
                  You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post
                    sax 2307 today which was nice!
                    blimey!
                    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                      son of bazerk lp - never heard it the first time around, gave it a spin and felt very bizarre
                      Truly great record, very underrated LP. The bomb squad are on mighty fine form.
                      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

The first three from a couple of charity shops this morning

Don't Walk, Boogie containing such dance tracks as TRB's 2-4-6-8 Motorway

I don't like The Beatles, so not sure why I bought this double cassette - anyone want it?

The Madness one below is a bit of a cheat, in that it's a "find" only in as much as I "found" it on the doorstep after buying it on Amazon. A new label called Size 12 Records have released the first 3 Madness album as double 10" sets, and they're really really nice. Super clean vinyl. Bit expensive though - HMV have them for £30 each, but I got this one on Amazon for £20.07. Beautiful though!

Comment

Just got back from Edinburgh where I've been "doing" the Fringe for the first time. Very enjoyable, especially Stewart Lee, Richard Herring and David O'Doherty. Didn't really have time to do any chazza shopping but a quick root around Oxfam turned up:

Mobster "Simmer Down" - Enjoyable cheesy Ska cash-in from 1980. Actually had this back in the day but it had long since been chucked at MVE - probably in exchange for something equally cheesy.

Tinopeners "Set Me Free" - I actually picked this out thinking it might be a lost punk/powerpop classic and then noticed one of the writers was called "Stan" (and also it's on Logo which isn't exactly noted for its quality new wave output) so I put it back in the box, but having found the Mobster 45 I thought I'd take a 49p punt on it and fished it back out again...

Kinda glad I did.

Last edited by Mang; 07-08-2010, 08:46 PM.
                          Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Originally posted by Mang View Post

Tinopeners "Set Me Free" - I actually picked this out thinking it might be a lost punk/powerpop classic and then noticed one of the writers was called "Stan" (and also it's on Logo which isn't exactly noted for its quality new wave output) so I put it back in the box, but having found the Mobster 45 I thought I'd take a 49p punt on it and fished it back out again...

Kinda glad I did.

Nice one!

VERY nice one infact.

www.45cat.com
                            http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post
                              to all the CSc nay Sayers a bit of persistence got me a sax 2307 today
                              OOO La La ! that is a very rare recording
                              https://www.facebook.com/AudioGrailGarrard301

Comment

Originally posted by Mang View Post

Kinda glad I did.

Just popsike'd it, wow! Never heard of them and like yourself would have left it cos it was on Logo.

Comment

Working...
                                X