Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finds - August 2010

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wypSALkQtpo

    In case anyone's wondering...
    "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by geoff whitfield View Post
      Lewistown - does the Shakers LP have "one wonderful moment" on it?
      That track used to get played in the early days of Northern soul,the record sounds blue eyed, I have it on UK ABC.
      Are they the same group?
      Not sure if it's the same group, these are the Uruguayan Shakers, I'll check when I get home.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by alanmck View Post
        that version of Summertime is a VG+ classic, well loved by many on this board. i envy you hearing it for the first time, Mattias. It always gets a great reaction when played out (in fact, I seem to remember Jarredjazz getting very excited when I played it a couple of months ago).

        cheap and easy on a UK or US 45.

        brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrachoocka ck.....
        Try the Tony Ronald soundalike version for some extra VGplussy foreign language and cheesy-crooner-go-mod-dancer points!

        Thought the Billy Stewart was a classic end of, it's on that chess club rhythm & soul comp and all.
        http://soundcloud.com/teaspoonsweden
        http://www.mixcloud.com/SebastianFSorrow/
        http://soundcloud.com/seb-f-sorrow

        Comment


        • #94
          Lewistown - does the Shakers LP have "one wonderful moment" on it?
          That track used to get played in the early days of Northern soul,the record sounds blue eyed, I have it on UK ABC.
          Are they the same group?

          No, it doesn't have that track.

          Does anyone know if it is the same Shakers as the ones on ABC?

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by john stapleton View Post



            A mixed bag here - Otis Spann on Decca is excellent set from 1964, two Pet albums I didn't know - the Memphis LP is pretty nice, actually. Hookfoot and Deep Feeling will need further investigation.
            I'm rather partial to the slightly bonkers 'World Song' on the Petula '71 LP - it's strangely beguiling.
            "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

            www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

            Comment


            • #96
              at a loose end at work so wandered up to my local for a peruse...found myself some niceness, for cheap;

              Yma Sumac - Mambo
              Mel Torme - Comin' Home Baby
              Hugh Masekela - 24 Karat Hits
              Gunter Kallman Choir - Very Best Of
              The Electronic Organs of Jean-Pierre Sabar. Really liking Couleur Cafe. The wurlitzer 4300 rocks.

              and an oddity
              Brian Auger - The Best Of. It's US pressing, but the label has been typed out. Still, with Freedom Jazz Dance/ Happiness is Just Around the Bend et al, I'm not about to moan about it.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Joe M'geek View Post
                I'm thinking you must have a mispressed version with a Shadows track on it, cos Hide and Seek by The Sheep is a 'facemelting deranged garage pounder of the highest order with lots of shouting and gibbering'
                Also comped on one of those Kent Lps someones found at the weekend.
                record licker

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by relkeel View Post
                  Also comped on one of those Kent Lps someones found at the weekend.
                  Not an obvious choice for a kent comp...more like Nuggets gear.
                  Rockwell
                  Banned (DJ Anchovy)

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                    Not an obvious choice for a kent comp...more like Nuggets gear.
                    Indeed. Its on 'Shoes'.
                    Last edited by relkeel; 11-08-2010, 01:22 PM.
                    record licker

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by relkeel View Post
                      Indeed. Its on 'Shoes'.
                      a lot of Garage gear crossed over i suppose / the Seeds got played at the Casino and the Human Beinz,Outsiders and tons more i guess...my favourite kind of soul !!

                      The Strangeloves 'night time' springs to mind too.


                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSOHSY4iF64
                      Rockwell
                      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                        a lot of Garage gear crossed over i suppose / the Seeds got played at the Casino and the Human Beinz,Outsiders and tons more i guess...my favourite kind of soul !!

                        The Strangeloves 'night time' springs to mind too.


                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSOHSY4iF64
                        Another.

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSws-UsANT4
                        record licker

                        Comment


                        • Felt at peace with the world on the bus home with these for 0.66 Euros each...





                          All but El Chicles, Liuz Henrique, Helen Reddy, Shaft and Gimmicks are up for trade.

                          The 'No Energy Crisis' is an early 1970s Impulse comp feat. Trane, Ornette Coleman, Archie shepp etc., has a couple unreleased tracks.
                          Last edited by Headless mermaid; 11-08-2010, 07:33 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                            a lot of Garage gear crossed over i suppose / the Seeds got played at the Casino and the Human Beinz,Outsiders and tons more i guess...my favourite kind of soul !!

                            The Strangeloves 'night time' springs to mind too.


                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSOHSY4iF64
                            Sie , another one in that vein is the del counts - with another guy forget the label, should be on youtube somewhere

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by lewistown64 View Post

                              Does anyone know if it is the same Shakers as the ones on ABC?
                              Yes. If it's the great Uruguayan lot then it's NOT.
                              To infinity - and beyond!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                                that version of Summertime is a VG+ classic, well loved by many on this board. i envy you hearing it for the first time, Mattias. It always gets a great reaction when played out (in fact, I seem to remember Jarredjazz getting very excited when I played it a couple of months ago).

                                cheap and easy on a UK or US 45.

                                brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrachoocka ck.....
                                very similar to the Mike Brant version... or the other way round...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X