Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finds - August 2010

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ricky Nelson's version is good too.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fu3jd05R-I

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
      Yes. If it's the great Uruguayan lot then it's NOT.
      And most certainly not the pride of Gothenburg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOhVagOmkIo
      http://soundcloud.com/teaspoonsweden
      http://www.mixcloud.com/SebastianFSorrow/
      http://soundcloud.com/seb-f-sorrow

      Comment


      • Went to Groningen with the family for my birthday, so Mr. Sayers here are a few finds .



        Joe Henderson Tetragon ... Great release on Milestone, really like his sax playing
        St. Tropez Octett Jazz goes Swinging ... Seen it a few times here on the forum heard it was pretty good, first time I found one, indeed this does have some good tracks, found some interesting info on laid-back

        http://www.laid-back.be/blog/?p=3232

        ‘Jazz Goes Swinging’ is the title of a late sixties record by the St. Tropez Jazz Octet, a different name for the Belgian Johnny Dover Octet. Their sound is often compared to the Clarke-Boland Big Band style, which I can understand, but certain record dealers want to make you believe that Sahib Shihab played on it to raise the price, but that’s not the fact. Information on who the players were is hard to find, and a lot of speculations have been made. I know for sure that Johnny Dover, Alex Scorier, Freddy Rottier and Marc Moulin are on the record, and although I don’t want to speculate too much, I’d dare to make an educated guess by saying that the rest of the personnel included Nicolas Kletchovsky, , Richard Rousselet a.o. (indeed, all of them would later play with Placebo).

        Napalis ST ... Almost unfindable dutch funky jazz-rock record on Negram
        Mike Theodore Orchestra Cosmic Wind ... 70s Detroit disco classic, nice to have



        Unknown Volkswagen Transporter ... Hard to find and in demand record, found for one Euro, unfortunately it plays a bit rough, up for trade
        Soundtrack 3 Days of the Condor ... Long time want, just perfect and in mint condition
        Cannonball Adderley Quintet Accent on Africa ... Another long time want, great set produced by David Axelrod, also in a superb condition
        McCoy Tyner Tender Moments ... Strong set by McCoy Tyner. The album features a larger group that includes Lee Morgan, Julian Priester, James Spaulding, and Bennie Maupin and spiritual at the time



        Sam Rivers Crystals ... Also this one is one I have been after for a while now, free jazz with a funky feel on Tranquility, great record to listen late night
        Soundtrack Grand Prix ... Found some sound clips of this one that sounded interesting, two Bossa Nova tracks, I don't feel them yet luckily it's a euro find
        My Statigram account ...

        http://statigr.am/cratedigger

        http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post
          Went to Groningen with the family for my birthday, so Mr. Sayers here are a few finds .
          Nice finds!

          The McCoy Tyner is great. Need to find Jazz Goes Swinging. What is the Volkswagen and Joe Henderson like?

          Comment


          • Nice one on the Jazz Goes Swinging. I need a copy of that

            Two for me today from the 30% off sale at Mezurashiya and the 20% off sale at Disk Union.

            OG of this with the original inner bag


            and a reissue of this from 2000. Awesome, awesome LP.
            https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
            http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
            https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
            https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

            Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

            (=^ェ^=)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
              Nice finds!

              The McCoy Tyner is great. Need to find Jazz Goes Swinging. What is the Volkswagen and Joe Henderson like?
              The Volkswagen ... the hype, I don´t feel it

              http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildat...r=300182484338

              Monster dj friendly floorfiller with the most demented synths, arps, polymoogs etc over insane drums, a relentless track that builds and builds into a mindblowing cosmic synth overload, just drop it when the clubs peaking and watch the place explode!! Impossible to find this obscure promo only LP made by Volkswagen in very small quantities in the 70's to promote the Transporter vehicle. The whole lp is bugged out check the sound clip for a taster, cause hearing is believing. There's a 3 minute drum break intro to this track but I have started the sound clip from when the track gets going cause it's about 8 mins long in total.

              You can check the henderson album on youtube

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uv-d...eature=related
              Last edited by Kratgraver; 13-08-2010, 01:27 PM.
              My Statigram account ...

              http://statigr.am/cratedigger

              http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post
                The Volkswagen ... the hype, I don´t feel it
                nice find. it's a complete one-tracker, but a killer track if you like that kind of thing. not sure it deserves it's high price tag. surprised it's not been re-issued on 12" really as that's what it needs.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post
                  The Volkswagen ... the hype, I don´t feel it

                  http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildat...r=300182484338

                  Monster dj friendly floorfiller with the most demented synths, arps, polymoogs etc over insane drums, a relentless track that builds and builds into a mindblowing cosmic synth overload, just drop it when the clubs peaking and watch the place explode!! Impossible to find this obscure promo only LP made by Volkswagen in very small quantities in the 70's to promote the Transporter vehicle. The whole lp is bugged out check the sound clip for a taster, cause hearing is believing. There's a 3 minute drum break intro to this track but I have started the sound clip from when the track gets going cause it's about 8 mins long in total.

                  You can check the henderson album on youtube

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uv-d...eature=related
                  Thanks!
                  The Volkswagen sounds bananas...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post
                    The Volkswagen ... the hype, I don´t feel it

                    http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildat...r=300182484338

                    Monster dj friendly floorfiller with the most demented synths, arps, polymoogs etc over insane drums, a relentless track that builds and builds into a mindblowing cosmic synth overload, just drop it when the clubs peaking and watch the place explode!! Impossible to find this obscure promo only LP made by Volkswagen in very small quantities in the 70's to promote the Transporter vehicle. The whole lp is bugged out check the sound clip for a taster, cause hearing is believing. There's a 3 minute drum break intro to this track but I have started the sound clip from when the track gets going cause it's about 8 mins long in total.

                    You can check the henderson album on youtube

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uv-d...eature=related
                    P to the M -ed
                    MOSTLY MELLOW

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post
                      Unknown Volkswagen Transporter ... Hard to find and in demand record, found for one Euro, unfortunately it plays a bit rough, up for trade
                      How rough is it Cees mate?

                      Great finds as usual, that 'Three days of the condor' is a fave of mine too.
                      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                        How rough is it Cees mate?
                        Think I would grade it as VG to VG+

                        It still plays very good, no skips. there is some surface noise when played. The Dynamics still overpowers the surface noise. Sometimes a louder pop, but not on the one track. Looks like the record was played and left out of the jacket.

                        Played on a Pro-ject 6.1 with a goldring 1042 Gyger S

                        Got 5 pm´s, that´s fast
                        My Statigram account ...

                        http://statigr.am/cratedigger

                        http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

                        Comment


                        • I let one of these go to the judge when I was skint a little while ago and am now regretting the altruism, maybe it'll come back to me!?
                          MOSTLY MELLOW

                          Comment


                          • went to st leonards near hastings today with my parents..went in about 10 chazzas,mainly shite,but came up this..

                            colonel elliott and the lunatics"interstellar reggae drive" uk rhino
                            ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
                              went to st leonards near hastings today with my parents..went in about 10 chazzas,mainly shite,but came up this..

                              colonel elliott and the lunatics"interstellar reggae drive" uk rhino
                              Nice find! Filthy Rich has got this - and I saw one in Intoxica for £100!
                              "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

                              Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BestDressedChicken View Post
                                Nice find! Filthy Rich has got this - and I saw one in Intoxica for £100!
                                yes typical of them,about half that is about right
                                ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X