No announcement yet.

October Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile... I said I got some sevens, and I also have plenty of beginner's eagerness, so I've snapped them too and now you have to look at them.

I haven't really been buying seven inches for ages, but a few good handfuls turned up recently on my travels and I feel myself getting reeled in again. It's certainly easier to listen to them all, and to hide them too.

These were picked up here and there in October, and possibly a bit of September and November. All in the 50p region. Largely big sixties hits, and a few for the back of the cupboard.

That's the end of my practice posting... Thanks for your patience if you happened to have peeked. I'll join a current thread next...
    Yes, but I haven't got it in mono

Comment

• Oh bother, forgot these:

You did say you liked looknig at pictures of records, didn't you?

My coat's already on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plainstone View Post

Panini nerd question ... 1982 sticker in your avatar?
        Originally posted by rickyvilla View Post

I just got the pic off the internets, but the tache and kit dicate 1978, I believe. (Maybe 79, not sure without checking (which is cheating) when the kit changed).
        It is indeed 1979; you can tell by the sticker design.

(I also really like that Billy Joel song, proper guilty pleasure. And you won't go wrong with those Billy Bragg records either. Keep up the good work. And, yes, we do like looking at pictures of records)

At first I bought records, then I started to collect records; now I merely accumulate records.

Comment

• Originally posted by piglit'n'rolf View Post
          I also really like that Billy Joel song, proper guilty pleasure. And you won't go wrong with those Billy Bragg records either.
          Nothing guilty about it! Joel and Bragg are two of the key Billys as far as I'm concerned.

My real Panini debut was in 83 with the narrow sticker design. I never completed a book, but I did manage to fill an 81-82ish series of cards that came with bubble gum. Ring any bells?

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyvilla View Post
            Nothing guilty about it! Joel and Bragg are two of the key Billys as far as I'm concerned.

My real Panini debut was in 83 with the narrow sticker design. I never completed a book, but I did manage to fill an 81-82ish series of cards that came with bubble gum. Ring any bells?
            Yep, and not only does it rings bells it also reminds me of the shock I got when I discovered that, instead of lying safely tucked up in a box in the loft at my mother's house, all my football cards and Panini albums had been chucked out not long after I left the UK.

Still it saved me from being a saddo and trying to complete them via eBay ...
            https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
            http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
            https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
            https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Plainstone View Post
              it saved me from being a saddo and trying to complete them via eBay ...
              You can get them on ebay? Ooh...

I feel your pain about the maternal disregard for feelings, cultural significance and potential hypothetical resale value in future decades. My Eagles went the same way, Space Spinner and all. Is this how they repay us? Is this my own mother? etc.

Comment

Working...
              X