Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A recent trawl of Wirral produced this little lot:
    LPS:

BBC Test Disc narrated by Robert Dougall. Some Ray Davies big band and radiophonics stuff on here!
    Hot Hits 2 (with 'paranoid')
    Gino vannelli - Powerful people. Been listening to this guy's early albums pretty much non stop of late. Really good, and can't believe I didn't ever come across 'hollywood holiday' or 'you gotta move' (love the synths!)
    K-tel US comp bought for Sylvers' Misdemeanor
    Discotheque vol1 on Boulevard. Largely awful, especially the vocals. There's one track which starts off a dead ringer for SOS by Edwin Starr, then disappoints quite spectacularly.
    Dynasty -Adventures in the land of music. Some great stuff on here especially the title track
    Chic - Risque. A classic through and through. This appears to be a chinese issue!
    Erik Satie played by Aldo Cicciolini on EMI
    Nonstop Top 20 on Plexium (Mile morton was probably behind this) - a reasonable selection including a rather short 'shaft' which is quite decent.
    Zapp (1980) - a quick needle drop shows this to be pretty much typical 80s George Clinton in influence and execution.
    Grandmaster Flash - the message 12"
    Wes montgomery - Day in the life. Tatty promo. Needle dropped, seemed pleasant enough.

singles to come...
    "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

• Originally posted by eclectiktronik View Post
      Gino vannelli - Powerful people. Been listening to this guy's early albums pretty much non stop of late. Really good, and can't believe I didn't ever come across 'hollywood holiday' or 'you gotta move' (love the synths!)
      It's all about Poor Happy Jimmy for me.
      Mighty mellow in a Shuggie Otis stylee.
      To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

• Originally posted by eclectiktronik View Post
        Chic - Risque. A classic through and through. This appears to be a chinese issue!
        Pretty cool - I wonder if its Taiwan and not China?
        Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
          It's all about Poor Happy Jimmy for me.
          Mighty mellow in a Shuggie Otis stylee.
          Dedicated tio Jim Croce.

And yes, this stuff is reminiscent of Shuggie Otis.
          "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

Working...
          X