February 2011 Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 2011 Finds

No library give-aways here (althought there are still about 150+ in the shed), just this smooth reggae groover to get my month started in a great stylee...

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    No library give-aways here (althought there are still about 150+ in the shed), just this smooth reggae groover to get my month started in a great stylee...

Nice!! Never seen that one before - what's on it Sie? Is it from his Canadian period?
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Went diggin w my brother who's visiting and he pulled this which sounds pretty VG-licious. I'll try and get it off him

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
        Went diggin w my brother who's visiting and he pulled this which sounds pretty VG-licious. I'll try and get it off him

And then trade it with me!!

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
          Or me...

Isn't that like a 150+ Euro nowadays?
          "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
          and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

I've been after one of them for a while too - great version of 'music talk' on it!
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Traded me some cool Japan jazz, this here is my favourite

spiritual jazz with bamboo-flute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRwEXah_bpM
              I also finally found me a cheap Jimmy Smith - Root down, that I've been looking for for ages
              Last edited by BeatsDeluxe; 03-02-2011, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                That Dynamite Brass LP is a tough pull. Expensive these days too...

My fave is that little track at the end of side one... "Fura De Fira"...
                If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                  Isn't that like a 150+ Euro nowadays?
                  Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                    Nice!! Never seen that one before - what's on it Sie? Is it from his Canadian period?
                    Recorded at King Tubby's, produced by Bunny Lee... all the usual players... Sly, Robbie...

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                      I've been after one of them for a while too - great version of 'music talk' on it!
                      You've now got me wanting a copy Lee mate!!!
                      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
                        What a coincidence! Just got myself a copy of this!

Very Pleased

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                            You've now got me wanting a copy Lee mate!!!
                            You might want to popsike it first tho Craig...

I got mine in Sweden, I do believe it's a touch pull these days.

130 quid on Record Mania website...

EDIT: sold.
                            Last edited by Sie Vulture; 04-02-2011, 10:36 AM. Reason: RM copy now sold...

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                              You might want to popsike it first tho Craig...

I got mine in Sweden, I do believe it's a touch pull these days.

130 quid on Record Mania website...

EDIT: sold.
                              I'm still hoping to pull it out of some thriftshop or bootsale crate where all records are less than £4 each...

It could happen...

I waited 5+ years for Fantastic Party, and had already given up when it happened 3 times in one year. (Surplus copies not with me any longer - search Scotland).

So maybe I will soon give up and strike luck?
                              "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                              and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X