May Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Finds

My library source came through for me again this week plus a bunch of stuff from the charities and a good haul from this morning's booter!!

selected sounds - only one duffer here and some killer tracks! Sleeveless one is Roland Kovac - King Size (a spare but gone).

Some Telemusics - 100% is duff the rest are ace! Everything else from charities including the Zombies but calm down - it's the Big Beat 30th anniversary reissue. The Osmands 1st LP has some well funky tracks on it by the way and well worth the £1 I spent. Oh anf the new Trunk too. U Roy is tremendous - don't know why I'd not heard this one before.

All the rest of the pics are from the boot this morning - not listened to anything yet - pleased with the stuff in the next pic - seller popped up out of nowhere just as I was about to leave! All in great nick and all orig - Ted Heath was from another seller. The Ray Stevens looks dull but the trackie reads like a VV / VG+ classic! Hair, Aquarius, Help, Spinning Wheel etc..

more booter action - the Polish and ethnic gear came from a booter regular who bunged me a wee pile of stuff for very little money - some of it looks ropey but I didn't want to be rude

Last edited by LDJB; 01-05-2011, 11:49 AM.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Killing it as usual Lee, nice haul of libraries there mate.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Great finds, wil post mine later on, also found that U Roy, mine is red vinyl, yours?
      My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post
        Great finds, wil post mine later on, also found that U Roy, mine is red vinyl, yours?
        Nay - standard black
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Found these two this morning, had low expectations but they turn out to be rather beautiful (North African/Egyptian sounding) hypnotic folk - one mainly instrumental, the other sung. They're on Melodya from around 1985, 7" EPs playing at 33rpm...anyone know who this is? I wouldn't mind finding more by him if these are anything to go by...

Probably more to add later...
          a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
            The Osmands 1st LP has some well funky tracks on it by the way and well worth the £1 I spent.
            That Osmonds record is about there 7th LP but the ones before are probably best avoided, they started recording in 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
              My library source came through for me again this week plus a bunch of stuff from the charities and a good haul from this morning's booter!!
              Crickey Lee
              well done, your scooping some interesting stuff at the moment.
              Didn't actually think it was May yet, April yielded some nice gear in the finds thread, nothing as hot 'round my yard, but lots of records I supose.

My niece asked me to do a car boot with her this weekend, as she has never done one before, so she wanted a hand, what better excuse to get up at 05:30. She made a fair bit of dough and wants to do more.

Will post some pics in a bit, my wife turned up at 10 ish to help out
              You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

The disco / boogie / audiophile jazz is the tip of a fairly large iceberg from the end of April, lots of chuff but some time honoured modern soul & boogie, will add more as I slowly work through them....... If anyone has any fairly common a-garden wants in the late 70's early 80's disco vien (predom LP's) might be worth PM'ing me or visiting the Leeds fair - Tata Vega & Vickie Sue Robinson for days

Some originals from the batch.......

Think I have every Norman Connors LP now, a great artist, especially on stuff like Dance of Magic.

Some classic Blue Notes.....

Lots of OJC / audiophile pressings such as these, nice batch of Bill Evans that I need to check out too.

Some wall of '95 type gear

Some Callier - all nice and clean, thankfully they were "Factory Sealed for MY protection"

The disco LP on Decca was off the market on Saturday, not a bad listen.

The worst looking, best sounding LP I have - a new fave. Despite being from1983 THIS IS EXCELLENT, a track "Arab Arab" is awesome - the woman on the cover is Miss Holand, although looks like a body-builder, some original Peter moves going on on the beck cover.

tLMZs][/URL]

Loving this, like a Chad Jackson mix from them DMC LP's, prob more like Big Apple.
                Never saw this, nice 50p from the Market.

Where's my PVA???

The hoards descend on my stall!! I sold two records all day, a Gene Pitney 7" and a Commodors LP!! Thank god for the classical CD's I took.

My sales pitch fails...

Tried a differnt tack, this also failed.........

My find of the day..............

Bloody LP was smashed in half but a better sleeve than my copy so mix and match - DEROY Preston school business with acid folk touches

More to follow if I get time.........................
                Last edited by BoneyVotel; 02-05-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I would like to get that Ashton Sound lp, sounds great.
                  http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKPROF View Post
                    I would like to get that Ashton Sound lp, sounds great.
                    One killer track!
                    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Once upon a time, not too long ago, we took a day out in Manchester....

Could have went crazy on the 45s but had a budget as I'm off to Barca in a couple of weeks. The 60s stuff was very reasonablly priced and a couple were great bargains. The indies were £1 each.

Rupert's People - Hold On (Columbia) Classic Mod featuring Les Fleurs De Lys.

Julie Felix - Snakeskin (RAK) - As featured on Le Beat Bespoke 3

E.G. Smith & The Power - Keep on Running/Her Own Life (Boo!) This Canadian single is the sort of 45 I love. On one side is a great dancefloor friendly version of this classic whilst the flip has a great self penned psychy garage number.

Blue Magoos - There's a chance we can make it (Mercury) - Another Psychy garage number.

Homer Banks - 60 Minutes Of Your Love (Liberty) - Not quite as good as the Simon Dupree version from their first LP but as this on a 45 it's all good for me. A wee pitch up and it's good to go!

Other singles are:
                      Blur - There's no other way (first track the band ever recorded with Stephen Street)
                      The Stone Roses - I wanna be adored/Where Angels Play
                      The Mock Turtles - Can you dig it?
                      Primal Scream - dixie-narco EP: movin' on up/carry me home/screamadelica
                      Morrisey - The Last of the Famous International Playboys
                      [email protected]@K

Double Sight Weekender - Glasgow Garage & Psych Weekender 4-7th October 2012
                      The Freak-Beats Club: Glasgow's new happening club night!
                      "Get the Records!" On Youtube channel

Comment

Billsborough Mark ?

must make the effort and head down there....nice finds and nice snaps mate !
                        Rockwell
                        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                          Billsborough Mark ?

must make the effort and head down there....nice finds and nice snaps mate !
                          Yes Sie, starts proper at the end of May. Gotta say it was a bit dry, not many records at all.

Comment

Hope to catch you soon mate...deffo gonna get up earlier this 'season' !!
                            Rockwell
                            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by wayne View Post
                              Found these two this morning, had low expectations but they turn out to be rather beautiful (North African/Egyptian sounding) hypnotic folk - one mainly instrumental, the other sung. They're on Melodya from around 1985, 7" EPs playing at 33rpm...anyone know who this is? I wouldn't mind finding more by him if these are anything to go by...
                              I used some googling and looks like they are from Uzbekistan, Tashkent had one Melodiya pressing plant, so these must be local-only releases, never seen or heard about these records. Texts on covers are their names in Uzbek and Russian. First one is Ahmedzhan Dadaev (Ahmadjon Dadaev) and second Gulyamdzhan Yakubov (Gulomjon Yoqubov).
                              Searching their names in Cyrillic didn't bring any info I would understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X