No announcement yet.

June Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just back from two weeks in Latin America.

Here are some 45s I picked up in Peru and Chile (with links to sound wherever possible):

Los Golden Stars - Tema De Los Golden Stars / Como Tu
    Mike Laure - Tabaco Mascao / Rajita De Canela
    Los Orientales - La Carcocha / Lobos Al escape
    Los Orientals - Carminado en al arena / Capture de Lobos
    Los Mirlos - El Lloron / Sonido Amazonico (two copies of this)
    Los Mirlos - El Milagro Verde / Quiero Ser Tu Amigo
    Los Mirlos - La Danza Del Petrolero / El escape
    We All Together - We Live Too Fast / Symbol Queen
    Los Hijos Del Sol - Carinito / El Baile Del Soldadito
    Juaneco Y Su Combo - La Chica De Pampachica / Arbolito de Navidad
    Los Atomos - Dame Tu Amor / Veo Veo, Que Ves
    Los Belking's - Amor Imposible / Setima Patrulla
    Pax - radar Love / Dark Rose
    The Mojo Men - Sit Down I think I ove you / Don't leave me crying like before
    Hugh Masekela - Puffin' on down the track / Do Me So La So So
    Shirley and Company - Shame Shame Shame
    Smokey and His Sister - Sheridan Square / The Time Is Now

LPs to follow later.
    To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Looking forward to checking these out as i know very little about this scene
      Rockwell
      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by flytipper View Post
        Looking forward to checking these out as i know very little about this scene
        Me too, I only know the "Pax - Radar love/Dark rose".
        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

just came back from a short trip to paris.
          didn't really have time or money to look for records (well, on thursday i had, but almost all the small shops were closed) but still managed to buy some stuff during the early evenings.

first wednesday i was at the vinyl office. luckily stumbled over it.
          small but nice selection of lps and 45s. prices a bit high most of the time (especially the 60s section ) but there was a very nice bargain 45 section.
          the owner was a great and friendly guy and good to chat about records. really recommended store!

sound of feeling - spleen (really chuffed to finally have an og of this. one of my fave lps, no doubt! and in nm condition as well )

emphasis - same (librariesque cavalli project from the mid 70s. didn't know this has become so cheap, or maybe i was just lucky...anyway...impossible to find in switzerland so i'm glad i found a copy.
          for some odd reason i always thought this was a bit dull. but listened to it today and its actually a pretty strong lp the whole way through.
          from jazz to funk to rock to easy...all with a good library feeling )

some bargain 45s you all i know i guess...
          the tribu - love is all was a new one to me and features an odd 4 minute deep soul-psych harmony mess that is stunningly beautiful.
          all others are good fun, and the masseira produced chris gallbert - carmen 45 gets better with every listen.

then on saturday i went to crocodisc. lots of stuff but i hate it when stores mix ogs and reissues so after 5 minutes i sticked to the 45 boxes.
          cheap stuff only. kind of regret to have left that triptyque 45 behind...but didn't really remember how it sounded...and it was a bit expensive for a blind punt.
          lots of crap in the boxes though but managed to buy some standard stuff to fill some gaps in the collection..

all pretty well known again. the julien clerc - hair 45 has the best version of "let the sunshine in" i've heard so far.
          starting up reduced but groovy just to build itself up druing 4 minutes until the full choir sets in...brilliant!
          love the triangle - viens avec nous 45. not very proggy, more slow with nice melodies...good stuff.
          also wanted that wallis - patter of rain 45 for a while. odd produced hippie-folk-pop.
          also found a spare copy of the brilliant one - don't listen to me 45 on fontana. but my girlfriend loved it so much, i left it right there.

wanted to take the metro after the crocodisc but stumbled over an antique bookshop a couple o fstreets later with some records in it.
          didn't expect much...

..but couldn't believe it when i took out the moravagine - same lp! a longtime want and something i thought i would never come across and there it was.
          absolutely stunning private jazz record out of paris. listened to it 5 times in a row today and i will put it on a sixth time!
          not very cheap but still a good price i thought.
          the bookstore owner bought some copies of the bassplayer he told me...so there are still copies around...
          dutronc is pretty much a best of from his earlier eps. nice to have on one lp with some added goodness bewteen the hits.

paris was nice! cheap 45s and very very friendly storeowners.
          Last edited by effi_deep; 05-06-2011, 11:38 PM.
          Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

Lots and lots to look through today at 3 booters, but only came back with three bits. Pick of the bunch was The Voice Of Q on a UK issue 12".

Wasn't someone on here after a copy..?
            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Nice finds there Sevi mate, wish my copy of "sound of feeling" was near mint.

Comment

havent been out booting for a while, today
                got a welsh folk single Hogia'r Wyddfa which is quite mellow thing
                a shite Remington symphonette record of folk [USA]
                "Out of this world with flying saucers" London 78

and out of a large pile of MOR shit [kaempbert etc] I got 4 Ernie Freeman albums, a very early Teresa brewer LP, Cilla, monty shunshine on london, Ventures
                so i be chuffed.

Comment

Nice sleeveface on the dutronc sevi.
                  All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Lots of records through the door in the last couple of weeks - quality is variable and I'll post up the better LPs later but here's the pick of the 45s.

Found this copy 'rough but plays OK' copy of this Meek / Loony shouter today - good flip too

..and this nice UK copy of the Rufus classic

Some trade action from top chap Sie Fly - you're right mate it does sound like 'Mess Around' - I have it on the LP but nice to have the 45 for the play out box

Great UK RnB stomper

More UK RnB - is this or Lulu's the original?

Sorry for the dodgy pic - it's a nice copy of Marsha Hunt's 'Hot Rod Poppa' thanks to a bit of luck in a new local shop's £1 box - great to mint up without having to pay P&P and all that

Another trade with sir Flytipper - stomping Bo Diddley beat and mouth organ - smashing

A long time want struck off for a very reasonable price - I love this version - now if someone could let me have a copy of the Score 'Please Please Me' I'd be most grateful

More UK beat - it's 'Help Me' by the Rebounds in case the pic really is that bad

Another lucky find in that £1 box - chuffed

..along with this - it's a great, credible version without a hint of comedic wackiness - not what I was expecting from the Barron Knights (and a long time before 'In Teknickolor Dream')

Yeah - it's Lulu and it's great!! Jimmy Page does a viscous guitar solo on it too.

another crap pic - sorry It's the Elcort - 'Searchin' - great menacing fuzz on this tasty flip side - very unlike the A!

This is a nice two sider - the A is more pop sike but this side is a proper rocker with a blistering guitar solo - now to find 'Go Go Children'

Another £1 box pull - not had this on 45 til now - very good

and some funk to end with - classic instro funk n breaks tune! Cheers Boney

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Loads of great finds here - i didn't know LULU - 'Suprise Suprise' could be had on 45!! I WANT ONE!
                      Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
                        not much at todays bootfair,found this for 5p tho..

kwela-gwigwis band 77 records 1966
                        Nice! Let me know if you want to part with it. I only have the Honest Jon's reissue.
                        https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
                        http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
                        https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
                        https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

I spent Saturday morning having a 3 hr walk to the town centre and back as I am now officially a fat b*stard. It was worth it as here's what I picked up from various charity and second hand tat shops on the route.

Wout Steenhuis Bird in the Park
                          Finally a copy turns up - was it Lord Thames who recommended this years ago? Hum Dono really is a super, crazy-ill bomb.

The Million Airs
                          Big Band stuff with a cool version of Norwegian Wood.

Lulu Love Loves To Love Lulu
                          My years of not spending £15 on this from a local record shop have paid off! Lovely LP with cracking version of Day Tripper. Not as good as Nancy's version though.

Lulu Lulu's Album
                          LP opener 'Show me' was driving me nuts as the intro was so familiar. Of course it's 'Lulu's Theme' from the expanded Movements CD. Again really good LP, nice and gritty like here Atco stuff in places.

David Blakeley Something Old, Something New
                          I was hoping for a bit of 'Working Man's Soul' here...it's pretty slicks stuff but the best track, a cover of me & Mrs Jones' is too 'carbon copy' to be anything special. The boy can sing though.

Brian Bennett The Best of the Illustrated London Noise
                          I've never found the London Noise LP, or any other Brian Bennett so finding this late 80's comp was a treat. It has his full 'Change of Direction LP' plus 6 tracks from ILN.

Tommy Roe Dizzy
                          Snapped up this UK issue even though it's not really my thing as it's in great nick and not too common as far as I know. Not listened to it as yet.
                          Last edited by Payback3000; 06-06-2011, 09:33 AM.
                          I have a very particular set of skills...

http://www.paybacksoulfunkjazz.com

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                            Loads of great finds here - i didn't know LULU - 'Suprise Suprise' could be had on 45!! I WANT ONE!
                            I didn't even know it was a worthy track!

Comment

Originally posted by Payback3000 View Post

Lulu Lulu's Album
                              LP opener 'Show me' was driving me nuts as the intro was so familiar. Of course it's 'Lulu's Theme' from the expanded Movements CD. Again really good LP, nice and gritty like here Atco stuff in places.
                              Great LP mate, and one I still need to find!

Comment

Originally posted by Payback3000 View Post
                                David Blakeley Something Old, Something New
                                I was hoping for a bit of 'Working Man's Soul' here...it's pretty slicks stuff but the best track, a cover of me & Mrs Jones' is too 'carbon copy' to be anything special. The boy can sing though.
                                I have that and it isn't great. He does have another LP though (name eludes me but its sleeve is black and orange) which is better, a couple of funky tracks and some ill killer breaks etc. Turns up quite a bit round my way as i believe he was a local boy..
                                Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
                                www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
                                www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

Working...
                                X