June Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
    Really nice finds Nige - i'm after a clean copy of that King Crimson - i know i'll turn a cheap[ish] one up so i'm prepared to hang on !
    I'll get round to my backlog of finds very soon - it's becoming silly
    Sie - doubled up on that today, will check the conditions if ya want
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

• Please mate
      Rockwell
      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Some of these are last month - cheers to anyone i traded with - some boot finds,real world and online jobs...mixed bag !
        Been after the Wynder K for an age...not the best copy but plays perfectly well...Drag Race sound effects - would you have left it?
        Albert Ayler - loving this and thanks to Lee for the Vanishing Point OST
        Turtles - got rid of my uk copy years back / nice to have it back albeit a US copy - The Serfs - a blind punt - amazing version of 'i'm a man' - really good album and glad i took a chance on it,Nucleus 'alley cat' and the Greg Foat on Jazzman - just incredible !

Stray - hard rocking mothers...liking some of it but a but too heavy on the turnip in places / US Stones from market today - Sky is rather like Todd / Nazz in places and it is no surprise that they went on to become the Knack - it was cheap !! - not great by a long chalk and some Eastern European Psych rock from Joe - cheers mate

Watts Prophets - cheers Mark - always been keen to hear these guys - Jim Sullivan,so so good - what a tragic tale...but what a brilliant album,the not so good version of El Topo - i just wanted the booklet ! and Ken Moule with some groovy modal brit jazz

Dion and The Belmonts - their reunion album,just too cool for words -their take on Baden Powell's 'Berimbau' makes me grin like a fool
        Alice Coltrane - needs no introduction round here and Pulsar - French prog with a Steve Davis vibe - this is not a good thing !

And for anyone who digs psych and mersey pop - the Wicked Whispers EP is recommended for fans of that sound -Enrico - one for you maybe mate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyRHM2lWhBs
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• went digging in maidstone then hawkhust,sadly half the chazzas in maidstone have gone...
          ...found this in maidstone

springwater-s/t usa xian private press rock lp

these in hawkhurst..

millie-lollipop fontana ep
          circles-take your time-uk island 1966

------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
            It may be a complete re-recording or just overdubbed with czech vocals because with the help of progarchives information and google translate it seems to indicate that most (and I don't fully trust Google-translate and some songs could've been renamed in translation as well + difference in tracklength may be estimates as well or a different mix with a slightly earlier fadeout or something) if not all songs are the same on both records:

Generace (1977)
            1. Rám přístích obrazů 4:05
            2. Na kraji 6:55
            3. Lásko, lásko... 8:55
            4. Doky, vlaky, hlad a boty 3:45
            5. Generace 5:05
            6. Vteřiny 3:30
            7. Chorovod 7:20

Generace song titles approximately translated by Google:
            1st The next frame image 4:05
            2nd At the edge 6:55
            3rd Baby, baby ... 8:55
            4th Docks, trains, hunger and shoes 3:45
            5th Generation 5:05
            6th Seconds 3:30
            7th Chorovod 7:20

Generation (1976) - the one I got:
            1. Piligrim 7:05
            2. Those on the Border 6:45
            3. Dockyards, Railroads, Shoes and Hunger 3:45
            4. Frames Without Pictures 4:10
            5. Generation
            6. World, Our World 3:00
            7. Khorovod 7:20

So.... could Pilgrim be a version of "Baby, Baby..."?
            And World, Our World be a version of "Seconds"?
            I can't compare the issues musically, as I've only got the Czech issue (Generace) and I'm only guessing about re-recording maybe explaining some apparent differences: as far as titles go, I've never attempted to look into the Czech lyrics on the C&K Vocal LP, but in some cases (eg: when you get a Czech language cover of a UK or US song) the lyric in the new language is often very different, usually related to the original, but sometimes on another subject or theme altogether. I suppose this makes sense as a direct translation might not fit with the rhythms of the song or sound right. So it's possible the words used on the C&K version of 'Korowod' (say) may not match the meanings of those in Grechuta's Polish original, and their own English versions of the same songs may not match the Czech ones, which if that were the case would mean different titles could be used. If I heard the UK press (or you heard the Czech press) we could at least clear up quite quickly if the track running orders are the same, which might help a bit...
            Last edited by wayne; 11-06-2011, 09:36 PM.
            a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyvilla View Post
              Blasphemy!

Lots of top tackle in that haul Kratgraver. Loving that Stones Sympathy sleeve. Having it large on a shaky barge, as they used to say round my way. Who's Veronica though? Could she be a boat-based radio station?
              Thanks, yes it was a radio station. Some information from wiki:

Radio Veronica was an offshore radio station that began broadcasting in 1960, and has the distinction of having broadcast from offshore for the longest continuous period — more than fourteen years.

Broadcasts began on 21 April 1960. After the closure of the radio station some of its staff applied for a broadcasting licence and continued as a legal organisation with the same name.

The original Radio Veronica became the most popular station in the Netherlands, broadcasting from a former lightship Borkum Riff anchored off the Dutch coastline. The ship was fitted with a horizontal antenna between the fore and aft masts, fed by a one-kilowatt transmitter. The majority of programmes were recorded in a studio on the Zeedijk in Hilversum. At the end of the 1960s the studios and offices moved to bigger premises on the Utrechseweg in Hilversum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Veronica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzGFTC_rMsQ (dutch allert)
              My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

• @Flytipper, nice finds there, I'm especially jealous of the "sunshine superfrog" Sie mate.

I'm a big fan of that Serfs myself, "I'm a man" is dead cheap to pick up on single.
                "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• you got the album Criag?
                  Rockwell
                  Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

you got the album Criag?
                    The Serfs? Yeah, a US copy Towny sold me it.
                    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Thanks for the nod on the wicked whispers just grabbed one.
                      i remember when it was all fields round here....

http://www.mixcloud.com/groovywoovy/

Comment

Dion and The Belmonts - their reunion album,just too cool for words -their take on Baden Powell's 'Berimbau' makes me grin like a fool
                        I picked this up from a booter a couple of weeks back - a great listen!
                        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Galtee Mountain Casual View Post
                          Thanks for the nod on the wicked whispers just grabbed one.
                          likewise: I would have had it on the cover alone

the Greg Foat is doing it for me, too. only London gigs at the moment, sadly.....
                          OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

• Thought it was a nice day yesterday thought I would hit the charity shops glad I did now this one charity had hundreds of records all stacked up thought to myself this must have been picked over and exausted but I thought what the hell at the bottom were other people must have given piles ago was a seem of Burton librarys they all look interesting but I may be disappointed

Bra1 fanfares links and bridges Keith Mansfield amongst others

Bri 6 frontiers of science Alan hawkshaw

Brn 7 the video orchestra vol2 Brian Bennett nick ingham

Brj7 life of adventure nick ingham

Brl9 commerce James asher

Bri11 the video age trevor/Geoff bastow

Bri 13 dynamism Francis monkman Paul hart

Bri 14 futurism Paul hart

Brh 15 street level frank ricotti w.Bennett

Comment

• Originally posted by nuggetninja View Post
                              Thought it was a nice day yesterday thought I would hit the charity shops glad I did now this one charity had hundreds of records all stacked up thought to myself this must have been picked over and exausted but I thought what the hell at the bottom were other people must have given piles ago was a seem of Burton librarys they all look interesting but I may be disappointed

Bra1 fanfares links and bridges Keith Mansfield amongst others

Bri 6 frontiers of science Alan hawkshaw

Brn 7 the video orchestra vol2 Brian Bennett nick ingham

Brj7 life of adventure nick ingham

Brl9 commerce James asher

Bri11 the video age trevor/Geoff bastow

Bri 13 dynamism Francis monkman Paul hart

Bri 14 futurism Paul hart

Brh 15 street level frank ricotti w.Bennett
                              Is there a lot of furniture in that shop?
                              We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

• Can't recommend this highly enough.Market trader helpfully has written 2 in biro on the cover, as if it didnt have condition issues enough.

Very reasonablly priced in Oxfam,with original inner,Jamacian pressing.

Lovely, market poundbox

Carboot find.

Taste cheap A1/B1 pressing.
                                Ronni Matlock, sold one on Saturday and picked up another copy this morning
                                in better nick and cheap.

Apart from Baden Powell (chazza) these all came out of the same box at a carboot.As I was selling,didn't actually get round to these till gone lunchtime,and whats more my nemesis 'Dave The Bag Man' was hovering over them

Saw the I Roy in a local Retro Boutique for eight quid, looke like it has come out second best in a knife fight with Peter Sutcliffe traded it for Smiths 1st(also battered and freshly found (20p). Plays a strong VG+.

A few cheap bits from midweek (excuse replication of Jae Mason).
                                record licker

Comment

Working...
                                X