X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brainbomb
    replied
    Originally posted by benjamin hatton View Post
    Think this will have been me, I remember PM'ing you about it several years ago...I managed to get a nice clean copy shortly afterwards though
    Good you found a copy because now my spare is on its way to Bristol... to antother one who expressed interest in it...

Leave a comment:

• benjamin hatton
    replied
    Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
    Jojje Wadenius
    Famous Swedish kiddie groove: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzMNpwEpiIU
    Spare/upgrade - very clean copy! Unusual for kiddie records. I'm happy (unless playing reveals hidden flaws). I know I promised too look for this for someone on here so now for a search of the forum to help me remember who it was.
    Think this will have been me, I remember PM'ing you about it several years ago...I managed to get a nice clean copy shortly afterwards though

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post

Yeah - should've started off the July thread I guess. Lost tracks of the dates...
    No problem - i hope to post my July finds later

Leave a comment:

• Brainbomb
    replied
    Originally posted by flytipper View Post
    Nice finds BB - but are they July ?
    Love that silly Shadows album

Yeah - should've started off the July thread I guess. Lost tracks of the dates...

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Nice finds BB - but are they July ?
    Love that silly Shadows album

Leave a comment:

• Brainbomb
    replied
    A trip to a local shop and a look through the new arrivals:

Shadows
    Good example of a record where a boring selection of songs to cover is somewhat saved by inventive interpretations. Nice to find for cheap.

Sugarcane Harris
    Funk-jazz-soul-hybrid. Of some sort. Excellent - I like electric violin groove.

Cortex
    Swedish postpunk with the amazing Freddie Wadling on vocals.
    Fun to compare then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkfPLIJbi-o
    And now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNwldbPFrdo

Sunn O & Boris
    Droooooooooooooones. Deeeeeeeeep bass. Is on youtube but totally pointless to link to as the 3LP box have very little music on each side to accomodate for an unearthly low rumbling roar of sound without loss of sound quality. Listening to it ripped for use on youtube makes it seem completely pointless.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Originally posted by little jimmy oddman View Post
    i really like that tune, sie - hyperactive, funky and a little bit daft. I don't know anything about it but its a good 'un.

Leave a comment:

• Little Jimmy Oddman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    Afro Dimensions "If You Don't Want My Love" Jay Boy 45 - don't know much about this, decent enough afro tune with wibbly moog bits. Google doesn't throw up much either...
    I really like that tune, Sie - hyperactive, funky and a little bit daft. I don't know anything about it but its a good 'un.

Leave a comment:

• gogo
    replied
    Bootles

Yesterday back from work in a place that normally has only books. "Everything about this record feels flimsy. The paper stock, the print job, the vinyl. But the music is solid. They sound every bit as good as the real thing."
    Last edited by gogo; 30-06-2011, 09:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Boursin
    replied
    Originally posted by Bud Peyote View Post
    Right price to pay... most is chuff but the Science Poption and Slam Creepers tracks are both great!
    Plus "Today's The Day" by Ola & The Janglers. With electric piano, the drum figure from the mono version of "She's Not There", and Ola doing his best to sound like Colin Blunstone, it's one of the great Zombies ripoffs of all time.

Leave a comment:

• Bud Peyote
    replied
    Originally posted by gogo View Post

From 1967
    With SHANES,The LEE KINGS, STREAPLERS, SPOTNICKS, MASCOTS,The HEP STARS, OLA & THE JANGLERS, TAGES, HOUNDS, CARETAKERS, SCIENCE POPTION, SLAM CREEPERS
    From one of the 2 record shops in Sofia for 2 euros
    Right price to pay... most is chuff but the Science Poption and Slam Creepers tracks are both great!

Leave a comment:

• Kratgraver
    replied
    Originally posted by markie View Post
    When they add came on I phoned him and he gave me a rundown of all the stuff he had for sale. That's when he put all the stuff aside for me, including the Blue Notes but he couldn't resist the offer from the other guy.
    Funny, because he kept saying to me he wasn't in it for the money.
    I bought some nice records from him so Í was happy.

He was a bit of a weirdo indeed. He kept talking to me about his Sinatra records and he had a smelly dog that tried to hump me.
    Funny, the guy is well known around the Hague. We know him as mister 1 Euro, doesn't want to pay more, when selling he wants full price.

Isn't in it for the money

Leave a comment:

• markie
    replied
    Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post
    Yes it's the same guy, I didn't know he had a craigslist, got the address from a friend. I met the guy, he was a big easy listening / Sinatra fan and a bit weird. At first I found him very expensive, but in the end I think he made a mistake and the records had a average price of 9 euro. Otherwise I wouldn't have taken them all. I think I know who the guy is who bought the Blue Notes. It's a Utrecht Dealer aged around 60-70 yrs old. Paid around 4000 euro or so.
    When they add came on I phoned him and he gave me a rundown of all the stuff he had for sale. That's when he put all the stuff aside for me, including the Blue Notes but he couldn't resist the offer from the other guy.
    Funny, because he kept saying to me he wasn't in it for the money.
    I bought some nice records from him so Í was happy.

He was a bit of a weirdo indeed. He kept talking to me about his Sinatra records and he had a smelly dog that tried to hump me.

Leave a comment:

• Kratgraver
    replied
    Originally posted by markie View Post
    You must have visited the same dude I did in Voorburg. Am I right?
    He had like an instant Herbie Mann collection. All in great condition. I just picked out My Kinda Groove + a load of other stuff. I think I was the first caller when his add came on Craigslist. He first put a whole load of first pressing Blue Notes aside for me but then some collector with too much money came along and skooped up the whole bunch. When I was there he had just the Paul Chambers (japanese pressing) left.
    I bought Trio Camara and John Cameron - Off centre from him. Dutch pressing of Miles Ahead. Couple of mono Coltrane's on London in great shape. Joao Donato - Sambou Sambou and some other things.
    Did you meet the guy in person?
    Yes it's the same guy, I didn't know he had a craigslist, got the address from a friend. I met the guy, he was a big easy listening / Sinatra fan and a bit weird. At first I found him very expensive, but in the end I think he made a mistake and the records had a average price of 9 euro. Otherwise I wouldn't have taken them all. I think I know who the guy is who bought the Blue Notes. It's a Utrecht Dealer aged around 60-70 yrs old. Paid around 4000 euro or so.

Leave a comment:

• Kratgraver
    replied
    Originally posted by Plainstone View Post
    Really like that Martelli OST. Couple of great tracks on it as I recall.

Let me know what you think of the Mayuzumi. I've been seeing his name crop up a lot recently on soundtracks (Army of the Apes being a prime example) and want to explore some more of his stuff. I'm guessing he leans more towards the standard classical palette than Takemitsu, though.
    On the Martelli are a couple of great tracks, great listen all the way through.

I like the Mayuzumi, it's classical in a Philip Glass style although this recording is earlier. It's a heavy listen, but if you're in the right mood it's very interesting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X