X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarredjazz
    replied
    Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
    Yep that's the one mate, another one who gets Martin Ellis's lists!
    i imagine there is a few on here that do... i know a few no on here that do as well

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Originally posted by Jarredjazz View Post
    is that the same as this one , obviosuly no cover shot which is why i am asking

GRAFFITI - SAME, US ABC G/F ABCS 663 '68. no co, promo sticker on front. Superb US Psych Rock....one of the best ABC albums which is full of great songs & music.....an album which is perhaps one of the rarest major label Psych albums.....as copies seldom turn up and always go for high prices....there are several on gemm with the cheapest at $90!
    However, there is a twist...the majority of copies of this LP were mis-pressed with the track 'Girl On Fire' on both sides instead of "The Capture Of Me" on side 1.....which makes the original intended album even harder to find.....in fact it took me 4 attempts before getting a copy with 'The Capture Of Me' on it......since then, over the years, I've had several more copies with the mis-press. This is only the 2nd copy I've come across with "The Capture Of Me"
    Yep that's the one mate, another one who gets Martin Ellis's lists!

Leave a comment:

• Jarredjazz
    replied
    Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
    first senor gogo and then this!
    amazing find in my top 5 wants...

Leave a comment:

• Jarredjazz
    replied
    [QUOTE=gogo;447930]The number of records "M" is upper the average, because during my first visit the Lady opened a cupboard containing records only begining by M. And I got for all the money I had in this moment "M"- records:

Whats that Matthew and Peter all about ... anyone know??

Leave a comment:

• Jarredjazz
    replied
    Originally posted by LDJB View Post
    Go go - you're killing it with these finds - so much good stuff - love that Graffiti LP! You've nabbed tons of stuff I'd like to own - good work fella!!
    is that the same as this one , obviosuly no cover shot which is why i am asking

GRAFFITI - SAME, US ABC G/F ABCS 663 '68. no co, promo sticker on front. Superb US Psych Rock....one of the best ABC albums which is full of great songs & music.....an album which is perhaps one of the rarest major label Psych albums.....as copies seldom turn up and always go for high prices....there are several on gemm with the cheapest at $90!
    However, there is a twist...the majority of copies of this LP were mis-pressed with the track 'Girl On Fire' on both sides instead of "The Capture Of Me" on side 1.....which makes the original intended album even harder to find.....in fact it took me 4 attempts before getting a copy with 'The Capture Of Me' on it......since then, over the years, I've had several more copies with the mis-press. This is only the 2nd copy I've come across with "The Capture Of Me"

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Originally posted by flytipper View Post
    Darnall you'd have a field day in Morecambe and you'd be doing me a huge favour too

I do really like that Beatles Moog LP - one of the best covers of Eleanor Rigby I've heard - possible because it doesn't end up sounding much like Eleanor Rigby

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Originally posted by relkeel View Post
    Side two of that Weather Report at the bottom is ace,and not a prima donna bass player in sight.
    Great LP, and the only one I own by them.

Leave a comment:

• relkeel
    replied
    Originally posted by blue burt View Post
    OK, so I made the house call I was referring to in my earlier post today...did alright and had a nice chat with the seller who had bought the records himself back in the day; the dude was mostly into west coast & modern big band jazz (+ then some) - so no biggies, or fancy stuff to be found - just a nice stack of solid lps (2 euro a pop) that oughta keep me busy the next few days..
    Side two of that Weather Report at the bottom is ace,and not a prima donna bass player in sight.

Leave a comment:

• beddoes
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darnall42
    replied
    Originally posted by flytipper View Post
    Darnall you'd have a field day in Morecambe and you'd be doing me a huge favour too
    Havent been to Morecambe for years,too many cheesey goodies for me to pick up in sheffield yet for me to think of going to foreign parts
    Last edited by darnall42; 20-07-2011, 04:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darnall42
    replied
    A Few of my recent chazza shop finds

the concords-bible bashing 60s beat combo style.cheesey but pleasant enough for 20p ,Would'nt mind finding thier other album http://heavenly-grooves.blogspot.com...m-jdr-311.html

The intruders-a nice phily album again for 20p

non stop xmas 20-a spin off from the mike morton nonstop top20 album series,suprisingly good album ,30p

Marimbas mexicana's -lovely album,original UK HMV issue in imaculate condition ,a bargain for 50p

Horst jankowski -nice version of elanor rigby and a rerecording ofreturn to black forest-50p

Otto weiss-its magic,pretty poor album compaired with the others in my collection ,but ok for 50p

Jaap Zeeland -Mamories are made of this,pretty poor album but a nice cover for 50p

Best of the football themes,been after a copy of this for a while-50p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqqC2lM8g3s

Valentino-contrasts-love this chesey album of cordovox sounds-£1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DOkQoHUCyM

African Warrior-uxulu -nice album of cheesey african disco on side 1 with african warrior ,and on side 2 some decent bob marley and peter tosh numbers,well worth 39p

Hammond organ dance party-Big Jim H,dont need to say anything about this one ,but my previous copy was ropey and my local chazza had this copy foir 20p and in mint condition

Candle in the wind-Max harris-very nice stuff from max and a whole host of session men,50p

Moog plays the beatles-Marty gold,another replacement for a worn out copy,in decent nick for 50p

Switched on bacarach-cover not in top nick,but disc plays nice,another for 50p

Street level-did'nt have this ronco compilation in my collection so nice to find it in decent nick for 30p
    Last edited by darnall42; 20-07-2011, 04:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gogo
    replied
    Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
    Is ee copies of that Midnight Well lp from time to time and wondered what it is like. Appreciate if you report back on it.
    OK- good pleasant folk with male and female voices singing in harmony duet or solo. Discreet calm guitar (mostly slide) and accordeon. The 2 songs are on the lp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q41gpYo2zk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfFbEb_ANxs

P.S. I didn't see exactly "the Balkan interlude" on "The mighty turk", but is sure my fault.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    @Blue bert Pretty decent haul there mate.

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    but still not bad Georgi - some nice bits there

Leave a comment:

Working...
X