No announcement yet.

July finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bloody nora, I think my head would explode if I rumbled a selection like that.

and Mr Sayers, can't say for sure. the labels say Smash, it's all the original artwork and such, on lovely heavy vinyl and sounded amazing cranked up - I've been making do with a really crappy burn. anyway, I'll have a look-see when I get home.

I've been gagging to get these for a vinyl hunting lifetime, but have only ever found a couple of singles - I don't really do online cos I'm a romantic fool.

Comment

• Remarkable skip find..! ... hope they clean up okay...
      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• @RockProf - proper 45 paradise haul there fella

Originally posted by Slim Jim View Post
        Great record, hope you managed to find it relatively cheaply, John? I presume you know it's got a teenage Steven Tyler from Aerosmith on it?
        Steven Tyler conenction always pushes the price up - this one was cheapish and uuber clean - I was having a back to my roots pre-hair-metal day when I bought it - - top record
        "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

• Originally posted by ROCKPROF View Post

Got some reggae off my mate who found them in a skip! Still cleaning some of them up.

A mate who works at the tip is a useful thing to have!

Very nice batch, great to see a copy of the Boris Gardiner 45!
          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitch View Post
            Montage S/T - loved the Left Banke album, so very pleased to find this follows on very nicely - I almost prefer it. 'I shall call her Mary' and 'Grand Pianist' are immediate favourites.
            A mighty fine record mate.
            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Also picked up a great (to my ears) 80s electro-disco 45:

Shock - Dynamo Beat

I don't recall this lot
              That sure is some video
              Due for a Brillo spin perchance?
              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• Originally posted by medlar View Post

I don't recall this lot
                That sure is some video
                Due for a Brillo spin perchance?
                They did a cover of The Glitter Band's "Angel Face". Best avoided.
                Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

• Originally posted by Mang View Post
                  They did a cover of The Glitter Band's "Angel Face". Best avoided.
                  I like the b-side of that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp7sx8gdn10
                  it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                  take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

A few singles arrived from US after a rather long wait (ordered in April ).... bought on spec looking through a list of stuff from somewhere I get LPs from, but who had some 45s in for the first time.
                    Would this be from Henry, Steve? - sounds like it.... I ordered a load of 45s from him around that time too which still haven't arrived and he's so far failed to reply to at least 5 emails. Any idea what's going on with him? - (assuming it's the same dealer) - thought he might have been seriously ill or something...
                    Boy George knew my father

Comment

• My face was findmelted by the Link Wray 78! Amazing haulz
                      "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

• Originally posted by ninja simone View Post
                        Would this be from Henry, Steve? - sounds like it.... I ordered a load of 45s from him around that time too which still haven't arrived and he's so far failed to reply to at least 5 emails. Any idea what's going on with him? - (assuming it's the same dealer) - thought he might have been seriously ill or something...
                        Sure was

If you haven't done business with him before - this is par for the course I'm afraid. I think he 'runs' things on a shoe string and never has money to pay postage! You will receive the package eventually. I tried the ultimate threat of - 'I want a full refund if I don't hear from you by end of week' - that got a response. He is getting worse not better though (I've been buying from him for years).
                        "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

• Big dig - small pile - tried to stay on track to the wants list

Pearls Before Swine - One Nation Underground - ESP - No poster, but a great mix of songs - fantastic LP

Minnie Riperton - Lovin' You - Epic - class spin

Led Zeppelin - Over the Hills and Far Away - Atlantic - nice to have on 45 at last

The Dodos - Red and Purple - Frenchkiss Records - top band - great two sider

Mick Jagger - Memo From Turner - Decca - nice as a dinky

The Thanes - No No No No - Larsen Records - always a please to get a Thanes 45

Hüsker Dü - Eight Miles Hight - SST - the black vinyl version - first one of these was a gift from Planstone in the 80s - purple as I remember - riot of head cleaner record
                          "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                            nice stuff there - did you get the john mayall of me maybe? -small world
                            I probably did. The more I play it, the more I like it.

Originally posted by bcollector View Post

Cal Tjader - Tjader - Mambero, such a great tune, especially played really loud!
                            Amazing cover photo. Putting the "tja" back in Tjader, as you might say in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boursin View Post
                              I probably did. The more I play it, the more I like it.

Amazing cover photo. Putting the "tja" back in Tjader, as you might say in Sweden.
                              Yeah - he sure looks to be in a "tja" mood...
                              "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                              and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
                                Mick Jagger - Memo From Turner - Decca - nice as a dinky
                                Nice. Wouldn't mind finding that, just saw the film for the first time...

Comment

Working...
                                X