July finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first charity shop purchase in a long while:

Gotta hear that version of Gangsters. And I just noticed Reasons To Be Cheerful too!

North of the River Cole

Comment

• Originally posted by gogo View Post
      Is ee copies of that Midnight Well lp from time to time and wondered what it is like. Appreciate if you report back on it.
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

• Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post

first senor gogo and then this!
        Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

• Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post
          Stan Freeberg - The Best of Stan Freeberg

Picked up the MFP reissue of this for 20p a few days ago,very funny album

Last edited by darnall42; 19-07-2011, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by darnall42 View Post
            Picked up the MFP reissue of this for 20p a few days ago,very funny album
            "Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh" was one of my early favourites and one of the many tracks I taped off the radio back in the day that got me into comedy records. This despite me having no concept of either US summer camps or the precise toxic nature of poison ivy.
            The Downstairs Lounge
            http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
            http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

• Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
              first senor gogo and then this!
              The only good record in the thriftshop. Already played it a few times.
              My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

• Originally posted by john stapleton View Post
                Mogul Thrash!

Master's Apprentices!

Morning Dew!

Very nice indeed!
                What John said - killing it with the M's there - just the Master's Apprentice would make my year! I suspect S will be a lot of choice too - I noticed this when filling my expedit - M and S are easily the two biggest sections.
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• [QUOTE=Agnes_Guano;447926]More from July's bumper vinyl crop. Blame Eine for finding this one! I had no idea that this show existed but I will now do my best to research it, Pink Medicine - The Pink Medicine Album:

Lovely LP, been after one myself for a while, not seen much of the TV prog either

Comment

• Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
                    Is ee copies of that Midnight Well lp from time to time and wondered what it is like. Appreciate if you report back on it.
                    I'll try to listen and tell you, but I'm not very expert in the Irish folk (it seems to be) and it will be not easy.

I don't know if this helps

This afternoon I was agian in the Ali Baba's cave. I was better prepared, but money only for:

P.S. Ars Nova is a gift
                    Last edited by gogo; 19-07-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Doubling back to A eh?
                      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                        Doubling back to A eh?

It's all part of the build up to the big one S!
                        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                          Doubling back to A eh?
                          No - only from today. I have done a list with all the records with the letter "A" in the house, I have done an "investigation" and today I simple took the records that I found "of interest". (No possibility today to take the other Aphrodite's - 2 lps swirl Vertigo)
                          The next list I have done today is with the avaible records with "B" and "C". Now I have a homework to do
                          Last edited by gogo; 19-07-2011, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                            It's all part of the build up to the big one S!
                            To maintain the interest I'll do the "S" last

Comment

• Originally posted by pitch View Post
                              Sure was

If you haven't done business with him before - this is par for the course I'm afraid. I think he 'runs' things on a shoe string and never has money to pay postage! You will receive the package eventually. I tried the ultimate threat of - 'I want a full refund if I don't hear from you by end of week' - that got a response. He is getting worse not better though (I've been buying from him for years).
                              Thanks Steve, thought as much....I've been buying from him for years too - hence my extreme patience - but he's been unusually crap at replying this time even by his standards. Absolutely ignoring me. Too busy listing all those records I guess.
                              Boy George knew my father

Comment

• Originally posted by gogo View Post
                                The number of records "M" is upper the average, because during my first visit the Lady opened a cupboard containing records only begining by M. And I got for all the money I had in this moment "M"- records:
                                All bought in Sofia? That's why we can't find decent records in Athens, they're all up there
                                Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

Working...
                                X