No announcement yet.

July finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gogo - if the Aphrodite's Child on Vertigo is 666 then I'd start saving and go and get it pronto. It's an awesome record and worth a few bob too
    ...if in doubt consult your dealer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROCKPROF View Post

Got some reggae off my mate who found them in a skip! Still cleaning some of them up.
      Amazing find and a great friend (I guess he's not into records ? )
      Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

• Latest purchases (Dennis Wilson and Bob Lind are from Simon's trade list; both are lovely! Many many thanks mate!). The other albums are from stores.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackRegent View Post
          Gogo - if the Aphrodite's Child on Vertigo is 666 then I'd start saving and go and get it pronto. It's an awesome record and worth a few bob too
          It must be '666' (Gogo said it's two lps in swirl)! Hope it's not too expensive (and it's still there).

Comment

• OK, so I made the house call I was referring to in my earlier post today...did alright and had a nice chat with the seller who had bought the records himself back in the day; the dude was mostly into west coast & modern big band jazz (+ then some) - so no biggies, or fancy stuff to be found - just a nice stack of solid lps (2 euro a pop) that oughta keep me busy the next few days..

The aural history of the sex life of a cosmic corn popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Aggie View Post
              Amazing find and a great friend (I guess he's not into records ? )

I made him a decent offer for them but quite cheap as he paid nowt for them. He used to have a great record collection as he worked in a record shop for years but sold it all off when he got married. Recently got rid of his turntable too.
              http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

• N and O

Like NO big thing

Comment

• but still not bad Georgi - some nice bits there
                  Rockwell
                  Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• @Blue bert Pretty decent haul there mate.
                    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
                      Is ee copies of that Midnight Well lp from time to time and wondered what it is like. Appreciate if you report back on it.
                      OK- good pleasant folk with male and female voices singing in harmony duet or solo. Discreet calm guitar (mostly slide) and accordeon. The 2 songs are on the lp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q41gpYo2zk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfFbEb_ANxs

P.S. I didn't see exactly "the Balkan interlude" on "The mighty turk", but is sure my fault.

Comment

• A Few of my recent chazza shop finds

the concords-bible bashing 60s beat combo style.cheesey but pleasant enough for 20p ,Would'nt mind finding thier other album http://heavenly-grooves.blogspot.com...m-jdr-311.html

The intruders-a nice phily album again for 20p

non stop xmas 20-a spin off from the mike morton nonstop top20 album series,suprisingly good album ,30p

Marimbas mexicana's -lovely album,original UK HMV issue in imaculate condition ,a bargain for 50p

Horst jankowski -nice version of elanor rigby and a rerecording ofreturn to black forest-50p

Otto weiss-its magic,pretty poor album compaired with the others in my collection ,but ok for 50p

Jaap Zeeland -Mamories are made of this,pretty poor album but a nice cover for 50p

Best of the football themes,been after a copy of this for a while-50p
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqqC2lM8g3s

Valentino-contrasts-love this chesey album of cordovox sounds-£1
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DOkQoHUCyM

African Warrior-uxulu -nice album of cheesey african disco on side 1 with african warrior ,and on side 2 some decent bob marley and peter tosh numbers,well worth 39p

Hammond organ dance party-Big Jim H,dont need to say anything about this one ,but my previous copy was ropey and my local chazza had this copy foir 20p and in mint condition

Candle in the wind-Max harris-very nice stuff from max and a whole host of session men,50p

Moog plays the beatles-Marty gold,another replacement for a worn out copy,in decent nick for 50p

Switched on bacarach-cover not in top nick,but disc plays nice,another for 50p

Street level-did'nt have this ronco compilation in my collection so nice to find it in decent nick for 30p
                        Last edited by darnall42; 20-07-2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Darnall you'd have a field day in Morecambe and you'd be doing me a huge favour too
                          Rockwell
                          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                            Darnall you'd have a field day in Morecambe and you'd be doing me a huge favour too
                            Havent been to Morecambe for years,too many cheesey goodies for me to pick up in sheffield yet for me to think of going to foreign parts
                            Last edited by darnall42; 20-07-2011, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• http://hidingplaceplace.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by blue burt View Post
                                OK, so I made the house call I was referring to in my earlier post today...did alright and had a nice chat with the seller who had bought the records himself back in the day; the dude was mostly into west coast & modern big band jazz (+ then some) - so no biggies, or fancy stuff to be found - just a nice stack of solid lps (2 euro a pop) that oughta keep me busy the next few days..
                                Side two of that Weather Report at the bottom is ace,and not a prima donna bass player in sight.
                                record licker

Comment

Working...
                                X