X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "p"

Comment

• damn, gogo!
      this is a find i would never even dream about.
      to what kind of person belonged this collection?
      i'm really curious as this is serious quality stuff.

infos please
      Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

• Jammy swine!!

You seem to be doing tremendously well so far in terms of both rarity and muscal standards!
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
          Jammy swine!!

You seem to be doing tremendously well so far in terms of both rarity and muscal standards!
          Yeah, I'm so jealous, this guy must of had/have some collection.
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• gogo, you are aware that after this find it can (and will) only get worse?!

i'm a miserable bastard i know

Comment

• thanks for the infos.
              i wonder how all these records ended up in bulgaria

Comment

• Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
                damn, gogo!
                this is a find i would never even dream about.
                to what kind of person belonged this collection?
                i'm really curious as this is serious quality stuff.

infos please
                Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                Yeah, I'm so jealous, this guy must of had/have some collection.
                I really do not want to make the persons jelous... but the Lady gives me some indication that his... something (husband or friend)... had a colleague during the 60-s , 70-s and 80-s and it was a real competition between the 2 about the records. I have to find if the other guy is still alive. For the moment the problem is that they wanted to put the collection in the attic and to use the place.

P- end and Q

Comment

• Originally posted by gogo View Post
                  the Lady gives me some indication that his... something (husband or friend)... had a colleague during the 60-s , 70-s and 80-s and it was a real competition between the 2 about the records. I have to find if the other guy is still alive. For the moment the problem is that they wanted to put the collection in the attic and to use the place.
                  Oh man, now you're learning!!

Comment

• jesus, nice Pearls Before Swine. Some haul!
                    YouTube

Comment

• Sweet jesus a gogo
                      any 45s ?

Comment

• Originally posted by kenneth View Post
                        Sweet jesus a gogo
                        any 45s ?
                        Just an educated guess but i doubt it - they didn't represent value for money in the grey reality of communist times [i'm told]
                        Rockwell
                        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by blue burt View Post
                          Marju Kuut / Uno Loop LP - I thought I was going to have a spare of the sought after bossa split lp by the two, but this turned out to be a completely different album with Kuut doing great vocal jazz numbers on the side 2, while the production sounds like the late 1960's to me..any info on this, Martin? Anyway lovely stuff, such a sweet voice that's totally slaying me..
                          that's great you got to see that jazz collection, and i hope most of your estonian finds were not from tallinn

Marju / Uno LP is earlier than famous bossa one, by catalogue number it was released in 1970. it has mostly original songs by estonian authors, which actually makes it more interesting than other album. record is pretty much unknown and quite rare too. i have got two copies, i found one from my grandparents'. all copies i know have same sleeve as yours.

i think i have mentioned sven gr├╝nmberg 7" for you. it is great one. year earlier than Hingus. though i'm afraid i have given away all my spares. i got one for Aku too.
                          my mate met yesterday Tiit Paulus, guitar player from Kuman group, he is doing interview with him. i got email with excerpts from first interview, some cool info there. i'm very excited!

Comment

• jeepers gogo, watching the slow tease this unveiling is great sorta telly - I've been dragging some other fullas here over for a looksee. very educational as well when the other comments come in.

as someone above said, jammy bugger indeed; in the nicest possible way of course.

can I ask how much you've shelled out on them so far?

anyway, a hearty kiaora to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by priima View Post
                              that's great you got to see that jazz collection, and i hope most of your estonian finds were not from tallinn

Marju / Uno LP is earlier than famous bossa one, by catalogue number it was released in 1970. it has mostly original songs by estonian authors, which actually makes it more interesting than other album. record is pretty much unknown and quite rare too. i have got two copies, i found one from my grandparents'. all copies i know have same sleeve as yours.
                              Thanks, I had no idea there was another Kuut album, so a pleasant surprise indeed (and a nice addition to the Estonian jazz saga)

And don't worry, mate, I had to skip the Tallinn spots this time
                              The aural history of the sex life of a cosmic corn popper

Comment

• Originally posted by kenneth View Post
                                Sweet jesus a gogo
                                any 45s ?
                                Yes there are, but:
                                1. I'm not really fan.
                                2. The price for ep, sp and lp is the same
                                3. The 45s take no big place = no danger to go to the attic.

The only one I had was inside one Zappa's lp and when I show it - the Lady gave me for free.

Comment

Working...
                                X