• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rr

autographed?

Ryder's signature?

Comment

• Maybe it's not about what he paid - that's between gogo and the seller.
      Rockwell
      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
        Maybe it's not about what he paid - that's between gogo and the seller.
        Indeed - there's some LPs there that if I ever saw them in Edinburgh (unlikely) I'd happily pay the going rate!
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• What else to find in the heat of July but a single-sided 1967 Christmas EP by the staff of a Helsinki advertising agency. The music is trad jazz with various Spike Jones- or Goon Show-style interventions. Together with the label and front and back sleeve, it all adds up to a weirdly compelling Gesamtkunstwerk -

Comment

• Grabbing some last minute bits for trip, popped into local chazza. Found nice minty Juicy Lucy in Vertigo!

Comment

• had some nice tunes this month and some shite i aint listed

studio g dramatic + horror Lp
              kpm rock on LP
              bappi lahiri jeen ki ost LP

harold burrage 50/ 50 mpac 45 oh yeh
              freddie north the hurt rik 45
              ann sexton all over but the shouting 45
              gene chandler ill make the living chi sound nice modern soul
              geraldine hunt cant fake the feeling prism great for 3 quid
              zeke strong on progress R+B
              maxine womack tweet on magnum
              orsa lia chain of life rca always liked this weird girl group popsike cut
              coleen + teddy beachnut mira whit demo shitty styrene burn after 2 nd play
              'Swear I am evil when Ive had a few'

Comment

• Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
                Grabbing some last minute bits for trip, popped into local chazza. Found nice minty Juicy Lucy in Vertigo!

Jammy dodger
                some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• A few recent finds.

Willow Both great LP's, but the first is beautiful soft pop with occasional groovy moments. New discovery for me but fast becoming one of my new favourite records. Perfect summer piece http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_h23ILmJ08

Mctell and Magna Carta were cheap. I really enjoy the Magna Carta LP. Foolishly sold by Vertigo copy but thankfully a US copy came my way.

Sweet Pain is good West Coast psych/rock and Redwing is decent rough and ragedy rock.

A couple of 45s. Design is nice UK sunshine pop, the Earth isn't the better of their two 45s but still ok.

http://peachfuzzforest.blogspot.com
                  www.the-onyx.co.uk
                  www.kernowbeat.co.uk

Comment

• M. D.

Only Bags Groove was mine before

Comment

• nice 45 gogo

Comment

• Originally posted by gogo View Post
                        Only Bags Groove was mine before
                        Whoa, instant Miles collection! I'm especially fond of Seven Steps to heaven. How's the sound quality on those Euro pressings?

Last edited by Sie Vulture; 22-07-2011, 09:37 AM. Reason: no need for all the pics...

Comment

• Originally posted by rprest View Post
                          A few recent finds.

Willow Both great LP's, but the first is beautiful soft pop with occasional groovy moments. New discovery for me but fast becoming one of my new favourite records. Perfect summer piece http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_h23ILmJ08

Mctell and Magna Carta were cheap. I really enjoy the Magna Carta LP. Foolishly sold by Vertigo copy but thankfully a US copy came my way.

Sweet Pain is good West Coast psych/rock and Redwing is decent rough and ragedy rock.

A couple of 45s. Design is nice UK sunshine pop, the Earth isn't the better of their two 45s but still ok.

Ralph McTell 'Spiral Staircase' is getting played regularly in our place. It's a shame he's mostly associated with 'Streets of London' when he's put out quite a few good albums (such as SS).

'Seasons' is one I haven't listened to in ages; bought it ages ago, I remember I used to like it a lot (heavy on Simon & Garfunkel influences afair)...
                          Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

• Originally posted by gogo
                            His name tells me something - he was a long period official of the Communist Party out of Bulgaria - UNESCO, ONU etc. The price I pay for every record is the same - for ABBA, for Tom Jones, Mireille Matieu and for the first original Amon Dull (it seems that Monday I took this one . For this reason I do now "investigation" before going - during my 3 first visits I took some hmmm not so precious things. And now I hope they can wait me to buy all of interest. (The human is really a covetous and greedy animal).
                            Only the luck of the beginner for me. My collection to this moment was very modest and mostly from East Europe.
                            I thought the commies, especially members of the Party, detested Western music You are so lucky to have stumbled upon one of the 'closeted' ones

Hope the remaining lot is even better !
                            Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Aggie View Post
                              I thought the commies, especially members of the Party, detested Western music You are so lucky to have stumbled upon one of the 'closeted' ones

Hope the remaining lot is even better !
                              An official document from the Komzomol (The young Communist) about "What kind of music is dangerous and ideologically incorrect" and why:
                              Long list but:
                              1. Sex Pistols (punk, violence)
                              2, B 52 (punk violence)...
                              8 Styx (violence, vandalism)????
                              12 Sparks (neo-nazi and racism)???
                              15 Nazareth (violence, religious mysticism, sadism)???
                              19 Pink Floyd 1983 - (against the foreign policy of USSR - Afghan war)
                              20 Talking Heads - myth of the Soviet danger
                              24 Donna Summer - erotica (very dangerous D. S.!)
                              25 Tina Turner - sex (even more dangerous!!!)
                              34 AND NOW THE TOP - Village People - VIOLENCE?!
                              35 10 cc - neo-nazi
                              38 Blondi punk, violence.

And the year is not 1955 but 1985

Comment

• Originally posted by gogo View Post
                                An official document from the Komzomol (The young Communist) about "What kind of music is dangerous and ideologically incorrect" and why:
                                Long list but:
                                1. Sex Pistols (punk, violence)
                                2, B 52 (punk violence)...
                                8 Styx (violence, vandalism)????
                                12 Sparks (neo-nazi and racism)???
                                15 Nazareth (violence, religious mysticism, sadism)???
                                19 Pink Floyd 1983 - (against the foreign policy of USSR - Afghan war)
                                20 Talking Heads - myth of the Soviet danger
                                24 Donna Summer - erotica (very dangerous D. S.!)
                                25 Tina Turner - sex (even more dangerous!!!)
                                34 AND NOW THE TOP - Village People - VIOLENCE?!
                                35 10 cc - neo-nazi
                                38 Blondi punk, violence.

And the year is not 1955 but 1985

Wow, absolutely nuts but very interesting.
                                http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

Working...
                                X