No announcement yet.

July finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killer finds there Sie mate, I would have bought the De wolfe on the cover alone, although I know it's a worthy one!
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Great finds as ever Sie. I've been trying to convince people about that Buddy Greco for a few years now - good to see another convert

That Diana Express looks killer - please bring it up for a wee pre / post Mud spin.
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
        Great finds as ever Sie. I've been trying to convince people about that Buddy Greco for a few years now - good to see another convert

That Diana Express looks killer - please bring it up for a wee pre / post Mud spin.
        i never realised any Buddy Greco would be cool - this is his 'Hip' album it would seem...i'm a convert - any other heat from him ? !!
        Last edited by Sie-Fly; 05-07-2011, 04:37 PM.
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

This is a killer popcorn b-side from him. Great track, and a super cheapy too.

http://www.45cat.com/record/h374
          "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

Not 'heat' as such but I'll play you his version of 'What's Going On' when you're up.

Comment

Was The Hellers Singers from a boot? That's a great find. I need to grab me one of these. I have another weird 10" ep by them, which ismentioned in Acid Archives. It's a big advertising parody, kind of like Mad Men get "hip" for the day. Would be a teasure trove for the sample happy.
              "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Not from a boot mate - that'll be the day - cost 15 quid off the bay - a good price i think,that 10" sounds interesting...posted a parcel off to you today sir
                Rockwell
                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Eh nothing compared to Sie's finds but I had a little rummage today (sorry for the bad pic too... no cool fisheyes here):

Tommy Seebach is a comp I think but it has both his cosmic sleaze disco killer Bubble Sex as well as his brilliant take on Apache best known from the classic youtube clip.
                  The melodiya 45 is from -87 and I was hoping for some weird spacey synth/disco stuff... it's folk music, sounding a bit arabian. Probably azerbajdzjan or kazakstan.
                  Sky is probably charity shop fodder but a couple of cool prog disco tracks.
                  The indian 45 is Adinarayana Rao & P. Susheela - Suprabhatham of Bhagawan, sitar and tabla pop... decent but not very exciting.
                  Barely visible behind is a 12" on Unidisc - seems to be a bargain package of some disco/boogie classics: Billy Frazier, KID. Also Toney Lee - Reach Up.
                  Björn J:sson Lindh - Bike Voyage II is from -78... why do I pick up this and keep leaving 'Cous Cous' and 'Boogie Woogie' behind? Still never seen this and it featured Okay Temiz on one track. Listening now.
                  Last edited by Bud Peyote; 05-07-2011, 05:40 PM.
                  http://soundcloud.com/teaspoonsweden
                  http://www.mixcloud.com/SebastianFSorrow/
                  http://soundcloud.com/seb-f-sorrow

Comment

Had a great month......just the random stuff from my iphone. Will post a nice group shot of other bits tonight...

Nigerian boogie thing...

Rubber Lips. This and all the following LP's came from a fantastic collection that I still havent finished going through. Got a really nice amount of amazing records from it. One of those dream collections. Full discographies of everyone from sun ra to bobby hutcherson.

One of my favorites of all time! Stone mint.

I love this LP, long time want fulfilled

UK Harvest original.

UK vertigo swirl OG.

Comment

What's the LP on Harvest? Is it Love?

Comment

Originally posted by Bud Peyote View Post
                        Eh nothing compared to Sie's finds but I had a little rummage today (sorry for the bad pic too... no cool fisheyes here):

Tommy Seebach is a comp I think but it has both his cosmic sleaze disco killer Bubble Sex as well as his brilliant take on Apache best known from the classic youtube clip.
                        The melodiya 45 is from -87 and I was hoping for some weird spacey synth/disco stuff... it's folk music, sounding a bit arabian. Probably azerbajdzjan or kazakstan.
                        Sky is probably charity shop fodder but a couple of cool prog disco tracks.
                        The indian 45 is Adinarayana Rao & P. Susheela - Suprabhatham of Bhagawan, sitar and tabla pop... decent but not very exciting.
                        Barely visible behind is a 12" on Unidisc - seems to be a bargain package of some disco/boogie classics: Billy Frazier, KID. Also Toney Lee - Reach Up.
                        Björn J:sson Lindh - Bike Voyage II is from -78... why do I pick up this and keep leaving 'Cous Cous' and 'Boogie Woogie' behind? Still never seen this and it featured Okay Temiz on one track. Listening now.
                        The Russian single is the Uzbek Singer Nuriddin Haydarov
                        If you want to see him -
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTGp8z1KqcA

Comment

this july - no salary

All goes to buy 283 good records - the heritage of one popular record collector. It is sad but "You dye - I bye"

It is few examples with "A"
                          Ain Soph - A story of mysterious forest
                          Astillero - La maquina del tiempo
                          Abus Dangereux - Live
                          Agitation Free - 2nd
                          An Triskell - Dans Plinn
                          Audience - Lunch.
                          Almost all I saw for the first time not in Internet but "alive"
                          Last edited by gogo; 05-07-2011, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                            Not from a boot mate - that'll be the day - cost 15 quid off the bay - a good price i think,that 10" sounds interesting...posted a parcel off to you today sir
                            You're a hero mate! Can't wait!
                            "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                              What's the LP on Harvest? Is it Love?
                              Yep, "Out Here" - used to have a nice original of this until it was nicked by a mate of a mate while I was crashing at theirs between places. Grrr!!
                              "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Slim Jim View Post
                                Yep, "Out Here" - used to have a nice original of this until it was nicked by a mate of a mate while I was crashing at theirs between places. Grrr!!
                                Oh no! You need to get that back!!

Nice to have the harvest one as the sleeve is laminated. Lovely LP.

Comment

Working...
                                X