July finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gogo View Post
    An official document from the Komzomol (The young Communist) about "What kind of music is dangerous and ideologically incorrect" and why:
    Long list but:
    1. Sex Pistols (punk, violence)
    2, B 52 (punk violence)...
    8 Styx (violence, vandalism)????
    12 Sparks (neo-nazi and racism)???
    15 Nazareth (violence, religious mysticism, sadism)???
    19 Pink Floyd 1983 - (against the foreign policy of USSR - Afghan war)
    20 Talking Heads - myth of the Soviet danger
    24 Donna Summer - erotica (very dangerous D. S.!)
    25 Tina Turner - sex (even more dangerous!!!)
    34 AND NOW THE TOP - Village People - VIOLENCE?!
    35 10 cc - neo-nazi
    38 Blondi punk, violence.

And the year is not 1955 but 1985

Excellent post! Post of the year!!

Very interesting information - any chance of a translation of the full list of bands??
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
      Very interesting information - any chance of a translation of the full list of bands??
      Here's a translation of the whole document: http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Lis..._USSR_1985.gif

Reading Cyrillic, I should add that many of the spellings are wild too, even if they probably aimed at phonetic accuracy. "Sparks Sparks", "KLESH", "Tolkinhedz", "Skorpion", "Orinndzhinelz" etc.

Oh, that Canned Heat and their homosexualism!
      Last edited by Boursin; 22-07-2011, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boursin View Post
        "Tolkinhedz"
        Lord of the Rings inspired rap group??
        Thanks for the link.

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
          Maybe it's not about what he paid - that's between gogo and the seller.
          Nope, an idea of what he paid is integral to the brilliance of the story...it makes it much better to know he got them at a knock down price. Where's the fun in "here's what I've bought for book price recently"

Nice work anyway, Gogo...killers!

I'd get back and look at those 45s as well, if I were you. Just because they are the same price as the LPs doesn't mean there isn't some amazing and worthwhile stuff lurking there.
          Last edited by Joe M'geek; 22-07-2011, 03:32 PM.
          "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

• this has allready become a ritual.
            coming home in the evening, starting up the computer...excited to see what gogo picked up today...i do it before i check the emails

very interesting post about those forbidden titles as well.
            Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackRegent View Post
              Gogo - if the Aphrodite's Child on Vertigo is 666 then I'd start saving and go and get it pronto. It's an awesome record and worth a few bob too
              OK - Before 2 hours I took the available copies + some "B" that I have done a list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe M'geek View Post

I'd get back and look at those 45s as well, if I were you. Just because they are the same price as the LPs doesn't mean there isn't some amazing and worthwhile stuff lurking there.

Yes, but they are not ranged in alphabet order (the lps are) and it is not so simple to do the list and after to check what is of interest.
                And because of the new things I bought (I paid 25 + 4 gifts) my Black Sea's rest will not be 14, but 8 days

Comment

• Originally posted by rprest View Post
                  Willow Both great LP's, but the first is beautiful soft pop with occasional groovy moments. New discovery for me but fast becoming one of my new favourite records. Perfect summer piece http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_h23ILmJ08
                  wow, love that birdman track. and the rest on youtube (seattle for example) sounded spot on...but then i'm a sucker for soft harmony-west-coast vibes.
                  thanks for enlighten me mate! i had never heard of them...

Comment

• Originally posted by Boursin View Post
                    Oh, that Canned Heat and their homosexualism!
                    Surprised that Boy George seems to have slipped under their radar if it was 1985.

Nice to see Julio Iglesias outed as a neo-fascist at last though.
                    Boy George knew my father

Comment

• Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
                      this has allready become a ritual.
                      coming home in the evening, starting up the computer...excited to see what gogo picked up today...i do it before i check the emails

very interesting post about those forbidden titles as well.
                      OK - specially for you the last (for this July) founds:

No great things according the information I found, but some honest (only the Vertigo B.S. "with black gatefold sleeve and lyrics printed on cross" seems to be the first edition (I bought Record Collector 2010 for the information I can not find here in VGP)

Comment

• damn willow......."ace man"........."postcards".........how come i've never heard of them? this is wrong. anyone has a copy for me? i need this bad!

Comment

No great things according the information I found, but some honest (only the Vertigo B.S. "with black gatefold sleeve and lyrics printed on cross" seems to be the first edition (I bought Record Collector 2010 for the information I can not find here in VGP)
                          Maybe not but the Graham Bond and the Arthur Brown are great records.

Comment

The Blue Things LP! Nice work sir!
                            We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

• The first Arthur Brown and Brotherhood (does someone know something about Brotherhood) are really pleasant.
                              Last edited by gogo; 22-07-2011, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
                                damn willow......."ace man"........."postcards".........how come i've never heard of them? this is wrong. anyone has a copy for me? i need this bad!
                                That's exactly how I felt Thankfully both LP's can be picked up cheap off the bay and other places.

I'm amazed the debut isn't more well know, it's a beautiful piece
                                http://peachfuzzforest.blogspot.com
                                www.the-onyx.co.uk
                                www.kernowbeat.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X