No announcement yet.

July finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Headless mermaid;448383]Whoa, instant Miles collection! I'm especially fond of Seven Steps to heaven. How's the sound quality on those Euro pressings?

I can compare Columbia mono CL 2051 - "2 eyes" USA and French CBS S 62 170.
    The french has more highs and lack of middle sounds. Not so dynamic. Feeling of emptiness but my opinion of profane is that in this case the stereo is a +.

Comment

• Originally posted by gogo View Post
      OK - Before 2 hours I took the available copies + some "B" that I have done a list.

Which editions/versions are the two 666? I bet one is french
      Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

• [QUOTE=gogo;448488]
        Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
        Whoa, instant Miles collection! I'm especially fond of Seven Steps to heaven. How's the sound quality on those Euro pressings?

I can compare Columbia mono CL 2051 - "2 eyes" USA and French CBS S 62 170.
        The french has more highs and lack of middle sounds. Not so dynamic. Feeling of emptiness but my opinion of profane is that in this case the stereo is a +.
        I never knew that French retitled version of 'Seven Steps.....' existed until your post, and then I found a copy today.......
        Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

• around monk and mingus

Comment

No great things according the information I found, but some honest (only the Vertigo B.S. "with black gatefold sleeve and lyrics printed on cross" seems to be the first edition (I bought Record Collector 2010 for the information I can not find here in VGP)
            The Blue Things is an excellent thing!

Comment

• While were waiting for more gogo stuff. Here's some stuff

Pat Kelley from the boot from a box that was supposed to be rinsed by dealers. Traffic is a French pink island from a charity and the Can lp was in amongst a load of classical just come in. Chuffed it was the orig in nice condition.

A few more from the reggae stash cleaned up that were interesting.

Promised Land - Gaytones great percussive reggae.

Odd Dillinger on Steady JA 7 with sound effects etc. Cant find anything on google with this one.
              http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

• Originally posted by Aggie View Post

Latest purchases (Dennis Wilson and Bob Lind are from Simon's trade list; both are lovely! Many many thanks mate!). The other albums are from stores.
                Cheers Aggie, and nice floor too!

Comment

The first Arthur Brown and Brotherhood (does someone know something about Brotherhood) are really pleasant.
                  Brotherhood were members of Paul Revere & The Raiders. They have one other album which is excellent:

Comment

• A few bits and pieces I grabbed during a very rushed dig in Sao Paulo last week.

To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

• You people and your sanded & varnished floorboards
                      https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
                      http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
                      https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
                      https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

• Love that T.I.M.E. LP, they did another if you ever get chance to grab it.
                        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by gogo
                          The TYA Watt is a french advance copy before the right sleeve.

Comment

• Bloody hell Hugh, we both go to South America and come back with the same LP's...

At the booter today I found one of these...

So have invited all the family to join me in a rendition of Da Da Da. Marvellous.

I also found a Zimbabwean album that has an amazing cover that'll make all plussers go shame the music ain't all that to these cloth ears. Someone here'll love it so I'll trade it on later...
                            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Record fair this weekend a bit of a bust - a few collection fillers, but nothing wildly exciting. Found a nice 45 at a market on the way in though....

Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

• Originally posted by d7bohs View Post
                                Record fair this weekend a bit of a bust - a few collection fillers, but nothing wildly exciting. Found a nice 45 at a market on the way in though....

Deadly!

Fair was very cramped. The cheap boxes on the floor were hell to look at it.

Picked up some 45s

Troggs - Little Girl (killer b-side Maybe The Madman)
                                Yardbirds - Little Games
                                Manfred Mann - 5-4-3-2-1
                                Paul McCartney - Coming Up
                                Nancy Sinatra - How Does That Grab Ya
                                Fairport Convention - Si Tu Does Partir

and some collection filler LPs.
                                YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X