Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Not from a boot mate - that'll be the day - cost 15 quid off the bay - a good price i think,that 10" sounds interesting...posted a parcel off to you today sir

Leave a comment:

• Tsundoku
    replied
    Was The Hellers Singers from a boot? That's a great find. I need to grab me one of these. I have another weird 10" ep by them, which ismentioned in Acid Archives. It's a big advertising parody, kind of like Mad Men get "hip" for the day. Would be a teasure trove for the sample happy.

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Not 'heat' as such but I'll play you his version of 'What's Going On' when you're up.

Leave a comment:

• Joe M'geek
    replied
    This is a killer popcorn b-side from him. Great track, and a super cheapy too.

http://www.45cat.com/record/h374

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Originally posted by LDJB View Post
    Great finds as ever Sie. I've been trying to convince people about that Buddy Greco for a few years now - good to see another convert

That Diana Express looks killer - please bring it up for a wee pre / post Mud spin.
    i never realised any Buddy Greco would be cool - this is his 'Hip' album it would seem...i'm a convert - any other heat from him ? !!
    Last edited by Sie-Fly; 05-07-2011, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Great finds as ever Sie. I've been trying to convince people about that Buddy Greco for a few years now - good to see another convert

That Diana Express looks killer - please bring it up for a wee pre / post Mud spin.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Killer finds there Sie mate, I would have bought the De wolfe on the cover alone, although I know it's a worthy one!

Leave a comment:

• jahshabby
    replied
    Originally posted by flytipper View Post
    Your local RECORDKINGZ missed some killers there mate,especially the Tony Jackson
    Yeah... ACE record!

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    late June / early July

Various sources but happy with the car boot finds so far - i'm far too random in my bootie efforts...some weeks i go,some i don't - going to try and go weekly now - here are some highlights -
    Jumping Jacques - Sugar and Spice - mad scat / easy / jazz oddity - already been bagged by an esteemed member of this board [i already had one] - only my second ever copy and both found in the wild for the price of a trolley dash in poundland

Hellers - singers...talkers...
    Mad advertisting related easy/soft psych job with electronics and some excellent tunes - got it cheap which is always nice !

Car boot find - Buddy Greco - his 6 minutes + version of 'like a rolling stone' is a revelation - wicked version !

Debut album by Bulgarian progsters Diana Express - proper kicking keyboard heavy goodness and highly recommended

French bootie find - like early music meets ISB like folk - a grower - would you have left a record that looked like that for a quid ?

A funky Taj Mahal on uk direction - liking his version of 'the cuckoo'

Novis side is excellent - do not play Karell Gott on the flip - you have been warned !

Thanks to Bazooka Joe for this big Towny spin Bobby Cole - so glad the record fair you attended was useless [only joking mate!]

Another bootie pull - Essential Logic - found amongst a load of country albums - always amazes me when that happens - post-punk excellence !

Rada Krishna Temple on Apple and as dicussed with LDJB - i'm liking it !

i don't buy Libes as a rule but it was hard to resist this one as it has 'the troll' on it -which is on the Fuzzy Felt comp on Trunk that i love dearly - ta RB !

Now to get rid of my repress - second one this year i think for someone on here? - and thanks for bearing me in mind sir

a spanish EP from the bootie with a decent version of 'everythings alright' by the Mojos on there - may be getting played at this weekend's Mud session !

and finally chuffed to find this in a pic bag - as far as childhood memories go it strikes the same chord as the robinson crusoe theme for me - not funky,no illsickbreaks but deffo a lovely 45 !
    Last edited by Sie-Fly; 05-07-2011, 02:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Your local RECORDKINGZ missed some killers there mate,especially the Tony Jackson

What he said....

They'll have been too busy looking for illsickbreaks, and evilmoodydramaloops etc!

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Originally posted by LDJB View Post

Nice fuzzy French femme pop

A great record Lee mate, I'll have to leave mine at home when I come up in September!

Great finds as usual BTW.

Leave a comment:

• piglit'n'rolf
    replied
    Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post
    A 1980's Smithsonian/Folkways LP that could go either way
    This Lucinda Williams was one of a couple that she did on Folkways. They are both easily available on vinyl new but an original would be nice to have. Not exactly sure how you might tell the difference as I have not seen the labels on the new ones. Is that shrink wrap on it? If not to your taste happy to discuss...

Leave a comment:

• geoff whitfield
    replied
    @ ldjb- I have the Dickie Goodman- I rate it to

@ Boney votel - Agree on Walter Jackson most of his stuff is pretty solid, though do prefer his Okeh stuff the most, especially the track " that's what mama says"
    @ Relkeel
    Dee Dee Sharp -Its A Funny Situation/ There Aint Nothing I Wouldnt Do For You Cameo. Instantly likeable 6ts dancer.
    Indeed it is a top tune

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    especially the Tony Jackson
    Great record - the flip is damned good too!

Leave a comment:

• relkeel
    replied
    Bless em :
    Did cop for one tu*d though.
    Bozo Darnell on Kapp. Avoid!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X