No announcement yet.

July finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Brainbomb, nice haul + sounds like a fun trip, you could have called it your CSC and it would've been fine
    Btw, I recommend everything from the 70s by Maceo, The JBs, Fred Wesley and Pee Wee Ellis.
    And not to rain on anyone's parade but Sonny Rollins recorded an even better live version of Swing Low Sweet Chariot for Danish tv in 1974 (not on Youtube unfortunately).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Muench View Post
      [/CENTER]
      Full Clip(12")-Gangstarr: As I dont own the Full Clip LP I had never heard this before. Its pretty good
      Quite an understatement, sir, it's one of their seminal songs. Or you might say "one of the best yet".

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
        @Brainbomb, nice haul + sounds like a fun trip, you could have called it your CSC and it would've been fine
        Btw, I recommend everything from the 70s by Maceo, The JBs, Fred Wesley and Pee Wee Ellis.
        And not to rain on anyone's parade but Sonny Rollins recorded an even better live version of Swing Low Sweet Chariot for Danish tv in 1974 (not on Youtube unfortunately).
        With Rufus Harley? Because the best way to sell me Sonny Rollins is if he comes with bagpipes....
        "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
        and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
          With Rufus Harley? Because the best way to sell me Sonny Rollins is if he comes with bagpipes....
          Yessir, with turban and kilt wearing Rufus Harley

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
            Yessir, with turban and kilt wearing Rufus Harley
            Must've been the same tour then as the one I bought was recorded live at Montreux jazz festival and released in 1974.

Comment

• Whats the Frankie Nieves like? And if you don't like it can I have it ??

Comment

• Originally posted by soulful-illusion View Post
                Whats the Frankie Nieves like? And if you don't like it can I have it ??
                It's really good, quite hard and tight latin soul / boogaloo with some occasional jazzy touches. And I quite like it.

Comment

Working...
                X