X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jakartajive
    replied
    Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post

Highly recommended by the dealer I went up with - I'll hold him responsible if it's shite.
    For what it's worth, Brainbomb, I think the Hollins and Starr is a really singular and quite amazing record. Lot of jazz and mellow folk and goodness in there.

Hope you dig it.

Here's some tasters for those that don't know it.

Cry baby cry

Twin City Prayer

Staying High

By the way, if you still have the spare of that TURID going, please PM me.

Does that come up a lot round your neck of the woods.

Keep getting outbid on that one!

Leave a comment:

• MPFlapp
    replied
    Originally posted by BestDressedChicken View Post
    @Mflapp: What was the score with the Ron Wray? "real world", the dreaded 'bay or what?Amazing bloody record....
    On-line - - I'd been after the "Piece" label edition for ages, but gave in for the "Eceip" - second press from the period

I first heard the track on Pebbles 16 - "Speed" and "Valley of Hate" were always stand out numbers from the LP

Speed does have that full fuzz overload

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
    Beautiful Scarlet Sie, that's a killer tune on the LP.

WORD!What he said...

Leave a comment:

• Tsundoku
    replied
    @Mflapp: What was the score with the Ron Wray? "real world", the dreaded 'bay or what?Amazing bloody record....

Leave a comment:

• Campag Record
    replied
    Originally posted by LDJB View Post
    Great finds Sie! Have a listen to 'Natures Fruit' on the Rare Bird LP - I really like that tune.
    Beautiful Scarlet Sie, that's a killer tune on the LP.

Leave a comment:

• MPFlapp
    replied
    @Brainbomb - 5am and carrying some crates paid off seriously well - top haul - early Husker Du always goes down a treat

Leave a comment:

• Brainbomb
    replied
    OK - I've been up and about since 5 this morning now... got a chance to tag along a local dealer to a small record fair up the country some hour and a half drive. Some crate carrying, some crate digging, minding his stuff while he goes for a smoke or digging, carrying crates again, carrying crates again as we arrive at his place, then go out for beer, then go out for thai food, then get on bus home and try to get an overview of what I bought:

OK - here we have a 1976 Hungarian prog/horn-rock type thing that unfortunately skipped a bit and I was too tired to bother with trying to clean it - so I just put it aside.

Cheap Turid spare/upgrade

Getting rid of reissue Church of Anthrax (if it plays good enough)

The one thing I've listened to - very good 1977 jazz groove with Lasse Färnlöf, Staffan Abeleen, Georg Wadenius etc

Cheap jazz punt

And another cheap jazz punt - recorded between 1972-1976 with most of the cream of Swedish jazz players at the time: Bernt Rosengren, Bengt Hallberg, Arne Domnerus, Jan Allan, Lennart Åberg, Egil Johansen etc.

1 Euro easy punt - don't I recognize this one from somewhere??

Cheap jazz punt

Latin thingie - haha - I feel like I don't know anything about music, because you probably all know this one...

Some early Husker Du - can't go wrong there

This was upped quite a lot by the dealer I went with and I've seen it around - it was also sold by the artist himself who was more modest and when I finally decided to buy it he seemed a bit embarrased by the whole thing ...

Cheap jazz semi-punt - it has Rufus Harley guesting on bagpipes!

Highly recommended by the dealer I went up with - I'll hold him responsible if it's shite.

Highly recommended by people on this board I think - and since it was the most expensive record I bought I'll track down who it was and hold him (as I'm fairly certain about the gender) responsible if I don't like it.

Can Tago Mago outtakes

Just 2 weeks ago I was thinking I needed more Charles Wright so this took care of that

Haha - I don't know anything about music, but I know about the JB connection (which also appears to be very strong on this album) so that's worth taking a chance on

Swedish folkpsychjazzhippiejamthingie that was a really good find - this track is called The English Channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok3NGwqzwyw
    Last edited by Brainbomb; 30-07-2011, 10:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• beddoes
    replied
    Originally posted by korova View Post
    Never seen that before so I popsike'd it. Bloody hell, what a find!! Congratulations, presumably the music justify's the price, and not just the limited number released.
    I think it's a great record! Usually labeled a funk lp, it's also a little jazzy, strangely lo-fi, psychedelic in places, with vocals way down in the mix, and an endearing amateurishness. There's really nothing quite like it.

Mason was only 20 years old when he made the record.

Leave a comment:

• korova
    replied
    Originally posted by beddoes View Post

NM in shrink!
    Never seen that before so I popsike'd it. Bloody hell, what a find!! Congratulations, presumably the music justify's the price, and not just the limited number released.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Jesus! well done Mark - there must be a story behind that... email me

Leave a comment:

• beddoes
    replied

NM in shrink!

Leave a comment:

• purple_pill67
    replied
    Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
    Killer I wish the LP sounded like this, I take the single is rare then?
    Word!
    About the only MC5 track I like....came in a nice p/s too
    Check out the "Breakout '66" LP

Leave a comment:

• Headless mermaid
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Naga View Post
    YES! Well from 42 seconds in on that clip. It was the only reason I bought the lp although it has the dialogue over the music. No bad thing though it's my favourite Woody Allen film.

It's credited as 'Easy Lovin' but that's all the info there is.
    Nice tracks too. Altough the album versions sounds slightly different form the movie versions. Blues For Alen Felix isn't bad either.

"Are you interested in dancing at all?"

Leave a comment:

• Mr Naga
    replied
    Originally posted by ROCKPROF View Post
    Mr Naga, has the Play it Again Sam lp got the rather groovy 2 tracks worth of music from the night club scene?

YES! Well from 42 seconds in on that clip. It was the only reason I bought the lp although it has the dialogue over the music. No bad thing though it's my favourite Woody Allen film.

It's credited as 'Easy Lovin' but that's all the info there is.

Leave a comment:

• ROCKPROF
    replied
    Mr Naga, has the Play it Again Sam lp got the rather groovy 2 tracks worth of music from the night club scene?

Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJwIxh_TWIA

If not does anyone know who did them

Leave a comment:

Working...
X