Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July finds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Love - out here - got a spare US Blue Thumb copy should anyone need one - a really good album,despite what the critics may say !
    Nice looking finds Harry P
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by flytipper View Post
      a really good album,despite what the critics may say
      I couldn't agree more Sie mate, possibly my favourite Love LP, certainly got some of their best track on.
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by flytipper View Post
        Love - out here - got a spare US Blue Thumb copy should anyone need one - a really good album,despite what the critics may say !
        Nice looking finds Harry P
        Thanks, will post up some more bits tonight. Yea I think 'Out Here' is my favorite, all though I'm not massively familiar with all of the Love catalogue. Doggone is one of my faves though (Breaks included!)

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by HarryPalmer View Post
          Full discographies of everyone from sun ra to bobby hutcherson.
          Sun Ra released like 400+ records, most of them private. If you had a full run I doubt you'd be posting Young Holt Unlimited. No offense to those dudes, I'm just sayin...

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by No, LordNo View Post
            Sun Ra released like 400+ records, most of them private. If you had a full run I doubt you'd be posting Young Holt Unlimited. No offense to those dudes, I'm just sayin...
            The full sun ra discography was an exaggeration but there were around 65-70 of the hand made ones and around 60 more of his other label releases. The guy wanted money for the sun ra stuff and I dont have much of that.....

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by HarryPalmer View Post
              The full sun ra discography was an exaggeration but there were around 65-70 of the hand made ones and around 60 more of his other label releases. The guy wanted money for the sun ra stuff and I dont have much of that.....
              Nice. I'd be interested in having a rummage through that collection.

              Glad you got a piece of it.

              Comment


              • #37
                here are a few more bits





                Comment


                • #38
                  Managed to get to a scorchingly hot car boot on Sunday (the wife and i came back with more sunburn from 2 hours in a field than we did from a whole 2 weeks in Italy!), and got a few nice bits. The car boot was pretty damn big and there were a lot of people looking for records, but luckily for me no one seemed interested in all the easy listening fodder..more for me then



                  Mandre - M3000: Heavy Synth and electronic funky disco which sounds a bit like Parliament in places.

                  Johnny Hodges & Billy Strayhorn: Mix of straight jazz and orchestra.. Sounds OK but a bit pedestrian...

                  Stan Getz - The Special Magic Of Stan Getz & Bert Bacharach: Quite a nice Jazz LP in which Stan re works a few Bacharach hits.

                  Gilbert Becaud - S/T: Bit of French easy listening which is quite nice.



                  Al Stephano & His Trio - Latin Dance Carnival: Latin Jazz which is OK but once you have heard the first track you have pretty much heard the whole thing....

                  Johnnie Gray - Full House Sax: I like a bit of Johnnie Gray, not sure why. The best tracks off this LP i already had on a compilation. Ah well, its always nice to get a nice shiny "Living Presence" sleeve

                  Harry Stoneham - Latin Lowrey: Been a while since i picked up a S2S that isn't a brass band or classical LP. Need to listen to this properly.

                  Sounds Orchestral - Hits Orchestral : Picked this up as I hadn't seen it before unfortunately its one of there more boring LPs...



                  Happy Monsters: This would be great if it wasn't for the sound effects ll over it.. someone please tell me there is a silly noise free version somewhere...?

                  Superman: spoken word and the sleeve reminded me of the superman wallpaper I had when I was a kid.

                  Soul Man & The Brothers - Shaft: Cover of the Shaft soundtrack which is nice enough but sounds too much like the original to really stand out on its own.

                  Hot Butter - popcorn: All a bit moogy however, their take on B Boy classic apache is fun..



                  Gary McFarland & Clark Terry - Tijuana, Happy Jazz For Fun: As the name suggests, this is a jazz take on the Tijuana craze. Most of it is nice enough but Ira Schwartz1s golden dream and Soul Bird are both pretty good.. (spare).

                  C Y Grant & Bill Le Sage - CY & I: some nice tunes on this and I particularly like Feelin Good & The Snake. (Spare)

                  C Y Benson & Fairwind: Nice private press with a few soul covers and a top break on Grease..

                  Black Abbots - Live!: Working man's soul LP that i hadn't seen until LJO gave me a copy at the Leeds meet. And as is always the way, i have now found another...Typical. (spare)
                  Last edited by Mr Muench; 05-07-2011, 11:21 PM.
                  Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
                  www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
                  www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Mr Muench View Post

                    C Y Benson & Fairwind: Nice private press with a few soul covers and a top break on Grease..
                    Is this on a Newcastle or Durham label mate? I can't remember if Ive had, or Nige has got!
                    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                      Is this on a Newcastle or Durham label mate? I can't remember if Ive had, or Nige has got!
                      Its on Bullseye which seems to be in Co. Durham.
                      Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
                      www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
                      www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Mr Muench View Post
                        Its on Bullseye which seems to be in Co. Durham.
                        Thanks mate, thought as much, I think Ive had a couple of things on the label, and they've both went back into the wilds!
                        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          "b"



                          Blues Image/Open
                          The rest is clear.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Mr Muench View Post
                            Happy Monsters: This would be great if it wasn't for the sound effects ll over it.. someone please tell me there is a silly noise free version somewhere...?
                            Same tracks are on here - -but with some less ear-bashing space noises over the top instead of that racket!:

                            Muchos mixes <<<<

                            HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by gogo View Post


                              Blues Image/Open
                              The rest is clear.
                              looking great - would love to see it all !
                              Rockwell
                              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by HarryPalmer View Post
                                all the following LP's came from a fantastic collection that I still havent finished going through. Got a really nice amount of amazing records from it. One of those dream collections. Full discographies of everyone from sun ra to bobby hutcherson.
                                It's not faaaair...!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X