No announcement yet.

July finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love - out here - got a spare US Blue Thumb copy should anyone need one - a really good album,despite what the critics may say !
    Nice looking finds Harry P
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by flytipper View Post
      a really good album,despite what the critics may say
      I couldn't agree more Sie mate, possibly my favourite Love LP, certainly got some of their best track on.
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by flytipper View Post
        Love - out here - got a spare US Blue Thumb copy should anyone need one - a really good album,despite what the critics may say !
        Nice looking finds Harry P
        Thanks, will post up some more bits tonight. Yea I think 'Out Here' is my favorite, all though I'm not massively familiar with all of the Love catalogue. Doggone is one of my faves though (Breaks included!)

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPalmer View Post
          Full discographies of everyone from sun ra to bobby hutcherson.
          Sun Ra released like 400+ records, most of them private. If you had a full run I doubt you'd be posting Young Holt Unlimited. No offense to those dudes, I'm just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by No, LordNo View Post
            Sun Ra released like 400+ records, most of them private. If you had a full run I doubt you'd be posting Young Holt Unlimited. No offense to those dudes, I'm just sayin...
            The full sun ra discography was an exaggeration but there were around 65-70 of the hand made ones and around 60 more of his other label releases. The guy wanted money for the sun ra stuff and I dont have much of that.....

Comment

The full sun ra discography was an exaggeration but there were around 65-70 of the hand made ones and around 60 more of his other label releases. The guy wanted money for the sun ra stuff and I dont have much of that.....
              Nice. I'd be interested in having a rummage through that collection.

Glad you got a piece of it.

Comment

here are a few more bits

Comment

Managed to get to a scorchingly hot car boot on Sunday (the wife and i came back with more sunburn from 2 hours in a field than we did from a whole 2 weeks in Italy!), and got a few nice bits. The car boot was pretty damn big and there were a lot of people looking for records, but luckily for me no one seemed interested in all the easy listening fodder..more for me then

Mandre - M3000: Heavy Synth and electronic funky disco which sounds a bit like Parliament in places.

Johnny Hodges & Billy Strayhorn: Mix of straight jazz and orchestra.. Sounds OK but a bit pedestrian...

Stan Getz - The Special Magic Of Stan Getz & Bert Bacharach: Quite a nice Jazz LP in which Stan re works a few Bacharach hits.

Gilbert Becaud - S/T: Bit of French easy listening which is quite nice.

Al Stephano & His Trio - Latin Dance Carnival: Latin Jazz which is OK but once you have heard the first track you have pretty much heard the whole thing....

Johnnie Gray - Full House Sax: I like a bit of Johnnie Gray, not sure why. The best tracks off this LP i already had on a compilation. Ah well, its always nice to get a nice shiny "Living Presence" sleeve

Harry Stoneham - Latin Lowrey: Been a while since i picked up a S2S that isn't a brass band or classical LP. Need to listen to this properly.

Sounds Orchestral - Hits Orchestral : Picked this up as I hadn't seen it before unfortunately its one of there more boring LPs...

Happy Monsters: This would be great if it wasn't for the sound effects ll over it.. someone please tell me there is a silly noise free version somewhere...?

Superman: spoken word and the sleeve reminded me of the superman wallpaper I had when I was a kid.

Soul Man & The Brothers - Shaft: Cover of the Shaft soundtrack which is nice enough but sounds too much like the original to really stand out on its own.

Hot Butter - popcorn: All a bit moogy however, their take on B Boy classic apache is fun..

Gary McFarland & Clark Terry - Tijuana, Happy Jazz For Fun: As the name suggests, this is a jazz take on the Tijuana craze. Most of it is nice enough but Ira Schwartz1s golden dream and Soul Bird are both pretty good.. (spare).

C Y Grant & Bill Le Sage - CY & I: some nice tunes on this and I particularly like Feelin Good & The Snake. (Spare)

C Y Benson & Fairwind: Nice private press with a few soul covers and a top break on Grease..

Black Abbots - Live!: Working man's soul LP that i hadn't seen until LJO gave me a copy at the Leeds meet. And as is always the way, i have now found another...Typical. (spare)
                  Last edited by Mr Muench; 05-07-2011, 11:21 PM.
                  Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
                  www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
                  www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Muench View Post

C Y Benson & Fairwind: Nice private press with a few soul covers and a top break on Grease..
                    Is this on a Newcastle or Durham label mate? I can't remember if Ive had, or Nige has got!

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                      Is this on a Newcastle or Durham label mate? I can't remember if Ive had, or Nige has got!
                      Its on Bullseye which seems to be in Co. Durham.
                      Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
                      www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
                      www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

Its on Bullseye which seems to be in Co. Durham.
                        Thanks mate, thought as much, I think Ive had a couple of things on the label, and they've both went back into the wilds!

Comment

"b"

Blues Image/Open
                          The rest is clear.

Comment

Happy Monsters: This would be great if it wasn't for the sound effects ll over it.. someone please tell me there is a silly noise free version somewhere...?
                            Same tracks are on here - -but with some less ear-bashing space noises over the top instead of that racket!:

Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by gogo View Post

Blues Image/Open
                              The rest is clear.
                              looking great - would love to see it all !
                              Rockwell
                              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

all the following LP's came from a fantastic collection that I still havent finished going through. Got a really nice amount of amazing records from it. One of those dream collections. Full discographies of everyone from sun ra to bobby hutcherson.
                                It's not faaaair...!

Comment

Working...
                                X